ITT: Things that were good but were ultimately ruined by society/fans

>ITT: Things that were good but were ultimately ruined by society/fans

>pic related

seems about right

>implying Rick and morty was ever anything but a show for people who think they are smart

fuck off, hipster. Just because something blows up in popularity doesn't mean it looses value.

Sup Forums
/thread

>implying
no u

Okay, give an example where mainstream popularity hasnt ruined something.

things that have a fanbase

even small ones are fucking toxic garbage that just shit out memes like it isn't a bunch of retards telling one joke over and over

But there's nothing smart about it. It's kinda funny and it's a tad edgy, it has the formula for a decent comedy, but it requires nothing of the audience.

Anyone who thinks they're smart for appreciating R&M or thinks only smart people like it is a Jerry who imagines himself a Rick.

Installing vlc is a little different these days..

But uh nooo! Muh hip shows that noone even knows and neither gives a shit about r best . I hate ormie shows. Imma kewl kid now, rite amirite guys?

see
for me popularity is okay, it's retarded to think you're smart because you like obscure shit, but fanbases tend to also be retarded

I agree. I really liked it and still do. 2 years after i watched both seasons, I started seeing more and more people post about it. I was like, ok cool, its a good show im glad others like it too. I ddidnt care. What bothered me was how the creator seems to have let the attention and popularity go to his head. Once the whole "IM PICKLE RIIIICK!" started, I realized what it had become. That line was clearly put there for that one purpose, and it succeeded. Before there was humor and jokes and themes in place for the sake of storytelling and humor itself. Now the creator is placing things like the whole pickle rick stint intentionally to gain traction as some sort of meme phrase. Its more than just a good tv show, its become a pop culture thing that become more and more agitating the more people hop on the bandwagon and try to join in the fun, ruining what made it great to begin with.

Its not that it blew up, its that going out in public and hearing autistic screech of pseudo “philosophical” edgy teen screaming “PICKLE RICKK, THIS SHOW IS TOO DEEP NOTHING MATTERS” kinda ruins it.
Ill still watch it though

don't /thread your own posts faggot
was gonna do it for you but now it's just sad

It originally was just a show about a mad scientist and a retarded kid. The jokes weren't catered for idiots to make them feel smart, the jokes were dumb to make idiots laugh. Now it's an edgy memefest that uses forced depression as an excuse for drama, and Reddit have forced the Rick and Morty memes so hard, they aren't even remotely funny anymore. (eg: pickle rick)

PICKLE RIIIIIIIIIIICK ecksdeeeeeee xde xd xd xd THUMBS UP GUISE

>things that have a fanbase
So we're all supposed to be ultra hipster faggots?
I'm not even going to respect those trips, cockgobbler.

people who judge the quality of a show based on the amount of people who watch it are the weakest race

It's honestly pathetic I see this thread every other day, no fucking shit the show attempts to pander to smart people and hating on the shows and its fans is a projection of your own insecurities.

you can believe this or not..but myspace when it first first came out was great..i meet a lot of cool people on it and even got a couple of girls..but within 4 or 5 months of it coming out it was over..everyone was in on it and it was ruined..have never had a social media sense...

Mario maker that community is full of terrible people
AND
summerfags/redditfags on Sup Forums after reddit got rid of freedom to post anything and they came to Sup Forums expecting us to accept there aids

▲▲

>imagine being so insecure that you can't enjoy things because of the fear of being associated with people you dislike who enjoy the same things as you

by that logic you should absolutely LOATHE eating and sleeping, because some of the worst people on earth are doing that too.

My brother watches R&M and he literally thinks he's the smartest person ever. And he's tard levels of stupid.

And because of that show now he calls me morty because he thinks I'm stupid.

I think that the solution is: if you don't like the retarded fans commenting on a show, watch the fucking show and mind your own business

It's what I do and it works, you don't have to think something is shit because there are dumb comments about it

But, why does that ruin the show for you? I get that it would ruin your already shitty opinion of that edgy teen.. stupid people like water.. is water ruined?

kek/10

>What do I know about knowin' stuff, Rick?

> user is right
> particularly about Sup Forums

/endthread

You guys will kill me for it but Undertale. I played the game multiple times and I believe it's great and unique. But oh god does the fanbase make it look awful with shitty oc's cringy ships and shit like that

> superkeks

this

I watched it till the mcdonalds sauce episode. Mcdonalds even ignited the issue by actually serving the sauce again

Kool story bro. But hardly matters. You think he's a retard, he thinks you're a retard.
Perception

Undertale. It is a nice RPG game Toby Fox made for himself and his friends - but the obnoxious fandom is a cesspool of utter garbage that won't fuck off and die. Now, thanks to the fandom exaggerating the game's qualities, anti-fans responded by unfairly (but understandably) hating the game (even though almost none of them have actually played it).

>What kind of people buy from here?

That's the deal with every fandom faggot , let people enjoy what they want

IM PICKLE RICK
PICKLE FUCKING RICK

honestly, what do you expect of the show ? It has really entertaining episodes. Why do you guys think entertainment has to be catered to a certain intelligence ? Just fucking appreciate it or dont.

geez, you guys are so autistic.

As far as R&M is concerned, you can see a clear decline from the writing standpoint. Compare season 1 with season 3.
Season 1 had good jokes and humor that was mainly based around the character's clashing personalities.
Season 3 has mainly been hollow one-liners with the obvious intent to cash in on the memes and sadly it's working.
It's not that Dan Harmon is a bad writer, he just starts losing it after a few seasons and starts rehashing shit.

Take the show Community for example. The first 3 seasons were fuckin hilarious. Smart humor, character based drama. But after a few key actors left the show started tanking. Jokes got less funny, though there were still some good ones. The drama got forced in most situations and was uncharacteristic alot of times.

It's like Dan can write 2 great seasons, a good 3rd season, and then goes full spaghetti. He also sucks ass at ending a story, so his shows drag on further than they should. I have no doubt R&M is gonna be a painful crawl through like 2 more seasons before it just unceremoniously ends

Hip Hop / Rap Music

It used to be more technical, and also more "poetic".
Legit intelligent black people praised for their lyrical technique and subtle references and play on words.

Ruined by (you guessed it) niggers, but don't forget the white niggers are responsible too.

Now it's
>Muh Dick , Muh Gun & Muh Autotune
Very few exceptions.

I used to be Undertale trash but I simply cannot associate myself with that game anymore because idiots assume I'm some kind of furfag or a retard, just because the rest of the fandom is utter cancer. Good ol' fashion association fallacy.

shit meme. end your life.

Its faggots like these that CONTRIBUTE to the perpetuated destruction of good things

>If y-y-you dont like it, dont watch it user
>just cause majority of the fans are autistic doesnt make it bad.
It pains me greatly to see this, people content with the quality of the show and the fans that do influence it, when its obviously gone to shit.
And now because the shit that is most of season 3 is catching on to the 90% plus garbage fans, they’re just going to push more shit out.
This is why shit starts good, and gets ruined.
Cause you all and your acceptance of everything to pussy to have a real opinion on anything.

Now it's even trashier than that, now they make rhymes with "muh dick ey, muh guns ey, muh frends ey"

no, enjoy things
fanbases are usually people that saw it on a stream, heard about it once or listened to a spoiler-rife conversation this one time

they rarely ever contribute anything of value; they're just people who don't do the thing (read the book, watch the show, play the game) but they just sit there reposting memes

whether you let it affect what you enjoy or not is on you, I just think fanbases are bullshit 99% of the time

even when they're tiny and it's for something that isn't popular, the fans always seem to be idiots who vomit the same handful of memes unto infinity, and trying to get involved and treat it like they're people with similar interests is usually a zero-sum game, they just default to their only real attachment to the content which is some dumb memes and usually a youtuber who affiliated with that content

the worst part is how they all think their shit is the fucking new word of jesus or something. listening to Doctor Who fans tell me, a man with virtually no interest in sci-fi outside of garbage weeb gundam shit, that I need to watch Doctor Who because it's the best goddamn show in the world. listening to Homestuck fans tell me I just need to stick with the surreal meme level approach. Undertale fans telling me a fucking video game will alter my life.

idgaf about OP avoiding shit but fanbases are just the gum on the bottom of everything's shoe. they're the skid mark that fails the sniff test. they're the night with the fattie you desperately want to forget. they're the last beer in the house which is also warm. they're the feeling when you spill weed.

truly unfortunate

Fuck sake this place is filled with complete fucking morons. There's no varying degrees of being a hipster that makes you better than other hipsters, I don't get how you can trash hipsters one second and then be hipsters the next.

Oooh hey look this guy, what a smart guy. If you are really just remotely "smart" you would know that life is not about how smart you can make everyone believe you are, and what is funny is funny. Like who the hell cares. It really takes a special type of smartass run around worrying that people think about your stupid entertainment. Spend less time on the fucking internet, and you will experience that real people don't go around judging stupid shows all day.

Don't forget that mumble rap was created where you can't even hear muh dick lyrics

it all sounds so lazy now, like rappers are just bored. musically, its just someone lazily talking to a low tempo beat.

I turned myself into a unfunny meme morty!
I'm unfunny meme rickkkkk

there is opnly one way to fix that, he needs to beat the fuck out of his ass.
preferably like this

Sticking your penis into a wet vagina

Except you ended up making both a good joke and a good point at once, wrapping bad back around to good.

Explain the rise in trap threads then.

I see this argument all the time but i never see any justifacation for it. My girlfrind likes it and she doesnt care about anything stem or philosophy related at all and shed be the first to tell you shes pretty dense. Its like saying that only people who """"think they are smart"""" enjoy starwars beceause its sci fi.

that made my cancer get a bit better

Eh's it's still watchable. Wanna know what's shit that kinda was good? Nothing. EVERY FUCKING THING IS SHIT. Fuck you and your Summer faggotry.

You nailed it

Bro what? I mean yeah the mainstream waves always fucking suck, but you've got Kendrick Lamar, Ab Soul, Lupe Fiasco, King Los, Aesop Rock, Danny Brown, etc.

You either gotta look harder or quit choosing to see it negatively. There's still plenty of great hip-hop artists in the mainstream doing their thing. Even some of the people on the "trap wave" like Travis Scott are making quality music.

Totally agree.

It's not that I think I'm intelligent because Rick and Morty is a good show. It's just that the show was well written for the first two seasons, and since they hired a load of women to write the new season, the quality has gone to shit.

I think the people complaining about people thinking they're intelligent by watching rick and morty are just literal brainlets and don't understand when something is well written. The same kind of tards who think Family Guy is a good show.

UTOPIA

What a fucking waste, i want to become a millionaire just so i can get the original cast back and shoot season 3

AND AT LEAST WRAP THE FUCKING STORY UP BEFORE ENDING IT THIS TIME

>great
>hip-hop artists

Pick one.

I enjoy it because I get high and watch it, it's good the first run through because it never really stops pushing the boundary

S3 is weak-ass meme tier garbage, though, just beating the same dead jokes to death and trying to just be all "LOL SO RANDUM xddd" shock factor to get them sweet sweet views

it should have stopped at 2 seasons, Rick got sad and handed himself in because of his family. why not, ironic end and it fits with Rick's actually-existentially-angsty character

It's really just the postmodern version of Inuyasha or some shit, the quality is largely in the first impression it leaves but a review shows it's pretty starkly average at best. rewatching R&M is kind of a chore

>postmodern version of Inuyasha

That's harsh, user. Real harsh.

literally all garbage

Undertale. Decent game, fanbase is cancer, AIDS, ebola, and swine flu all in one.

Unpopular opinion with the people down here but
I'm still madly in love with this show
And not so to say I'm ignorant of how it's not at all complex or scientifically-oriented, or of how edgy it is, no, I'd rather say I like it's edgyness and it's characters and don't want that ruined for me by dumb-ass shits who don't like it and as a result have nothing better to do with their live but to try and convince people getting a kick out of it to hate it.
And yeah I think it's cool, and the memes are good, but I'm not denying that the fanbase is mostly shitlords who have no idea how to use memes and only spam stupid and unfunny garbage into their subreddits.

I feel a bit like this about Adventure Time.
At first just whacky, silly fun. Then the lesbo-fan junkies and genderbenders got hold of it...

First line was good.
Second line makes you a bigger faggot than OP.

Fuck you, I'll do what I want.

once you get over the fact that all Rick and Morty brought to the table was that you hadn't seen a show that destroyed a universe by episode five, it's really just kind of a bunch of Jackass gags in cartoon format.

S1&2 are solid and have merits but S3 is just 'the one nobody asked for...' we would have all preferred, I think, if it stayed on the same grain as its predecessors but all it is is throwing in more shit for kids to soak up and shout at high school.

I think maybe Naruto or Bleach were better examples, Inuyasha is a bit too bishie to make that comparison. those other shows went on way, way longer than anyone asked them to-- or rather when they were asked for more, they produced vacuous filler that made the show look worse, drained the characters of their qualities and quirks and generally strained interactions to 'DID YOU KNOW I REACT X WAY TO Y?' 'OH MAN... Y!!!!!' 'X REACTIOOOOONNNNNNN'

if you've seen S3 of R&M it's just like, the whole ending bit of the Pickle Rick episode says it all. no meaningful interaction can take place with Rick present in any scene. he derails all character building and interaction now and his 'selfishness' has just turned into 'I'm gonnA SAY OR DO THE THING MORTY AND SUMMER' and then Morty ~~does the face~~ and says 'AWW GEEZ RICK' and Summer goes 'I'm GoNnA SaY tHe ThInG sUmMeR' and generally is a monkey wrench

they've done this pretty much every episode and I kinda just stopped watching because there's nothing left... they brought Rick back from incarceration on a meme and it just set the theme

while everyone's bringing up fanbases that ruined shit, LISA fanbase can fucking leave forever. amazingly witty game, full of unique compromises against fairness to set a stark theme and the fans are all just high schoolers repeating the same jokes that show up in the game and turning them into garbage memes with no effort involved. goddamn cunts, the bloody lot of 'em

How about the obvious?

Biggie, Eminem, Ghostface, DOOM, Talib, Jay-Z

You were saying?

> rap
> music
Choose one.

lol alright, go listen to your dad-progmetal, I can tell you only listen to "real music"

you literally either have shit taste in hip-hop or you're a bitter-ass oldhead who can't accept that lyricistts from the current gen are actually producing good content

>letting others influence what you like or not
To be honest the third season was pretty bad, at least the latest two episodes were actually good.

>I enjoy something but people made me hate it by pressing their stereotypes on me, fandoms are shit
>FUCK YOU user FOR HAVING THE EXACT SAME OPINION AS ME
It seems your logic is broken, either that or you're a hippopotamus.

>no
>argument
Why am I letting you b8 me damnit

>only argument is durr your old like my dad HAHA

get aids

sorry we dont like that edgy rock that only faggots listen to.

Sup Forums is already 'aids'

I also thought that the third season was getting a little too focused on memes and what the fans want instead of just the kick of it. They're letting themselves get too influenced by their overly-addicted fanbase, and that's had a bad influence.
But overall the new episodes have totally satisfied me to the point I anticipated, and I can't wait for more!

> can't stand the show
> "women writers amirite?"
> pounds out hundreds of words every time it's brought up.

Who's actually worse, fans or hipsters who hate that their obscure cartoon got popular?

Why argue with some "born in duh rong generashun" fedora-tipper when I know there's no convincing you? If you're a fan of lyricism and poetry, you'd easily enjoy any one of the artists mentioned. But it doesn't suit your pseudo-intellectual self-image unless it uses ancient Tibetan tritones on a 3 2⁄34 time signature.

faggots gotta fag

Agree big time.
I watched someone play through it and I thought it was a great game with good writing and characters. And especially for a 1 man project it had much better design than alot of big industry games.
But when it started really getting popular you couldn't go a whole day without hearing someone screaming some retarded meme about Sans or something.

why are you so upset?

>implying I don't like some of them
I liked rap, it's all I listened to, but it has turned into shit
I also grew up and stopped listening to it, even the good ones I used to enjoy, but that might just be me

Personally I stopped watching because the writing went to shit. I couldn't care less if a show I like has a bunch of teenage viewers, I just hate when a show starts pandering to it's largest subgroup of audience instead of retaining it's original style.

definetly the hipsters
at least you can try to avoid cringy fanbases 80% of the time, but the few angsty rebel edgehipsters every show, game, band, etc. has always jump all in your face about it

>complains about lack of argument
>has no argument

alright dad you win. send me a link to those New Balance running shoes you've been eyeing and I'll make sure it's under the tree this christmas

trick question, the one who read the book

My point was that the mainstream used to be better than what we have today.
Of course there's good stuff (and Kendrick is mainstream), but its mostly underground.

I'm not enough into Hip Hop to go through all the shit just to find a few good gems.

Its mostly a comment on the culture, the way Hip Hop changed, for the worst, because it was ruined by society/fans, as it's the topic of the thread.

I'm not really trying to defend the "used to be good / good ol' days", for music, but the way they get rewarded is different.
High rewards for low effort made the industry change, popular low effort songs getting massively advertised and all that.

The business model is what made it the way it is

So hide this thread and move on. You're fucking obsessed with a show you don't watch? How is your brain so broken.

he mad son
also why do you care so much about artists and brands so much? are you some weird kind of hip hop hipster?

You don't get it user. Other user obviously liked the show but was then baffled with how the writers changed their style after spending too much time on their own fanpages.
Other user isn't nagging, he's mourning.

well said.

>obsessed
I'm having a reasonable discussion about a show i enjoy despite the newest season being kind of shitty. Sorry if that bothers you but maybe you're the one who ought to leave then if you can't stand it

b

truth.