Why tho? Discuss

Why tho? Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

nhs.uk/Livewell/loseweight/Pages/statistics-and-causes-of-the-obesity-epidemic-in-the-UK.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This is years old already.
Americans are just fat lazy pieces of shit.

And yet our military is better than yours faggot

>Why
sedentary work, sedentary travel, sedentary lifestyle, sedentary recreation

>m-m-muh military

American user here. When I was about 21 the doctor told me that according to the charts used to determine obesity in the U.S. I was obese. I'm 5.8 and I weighed 145 pounds at the time. All I see where I live are people jogging, bicycling, and going to the gym. Literally know like three overweight people in total. Don't believe everything you read.

Trump is better than you.

Possibly because of the corn syrup that is in almost all their food and drink, which suppresses hunger fulfilment, so they eat more than they want to, also meal portions are huge in the US, couple that with modern sedentary lifestyle and a lack of control.

And so what? Better military to protect those degenerates of obese citizens they put their lives on the line for?
Im sure Sergeant Dumbfuck gave his life solely so little Johnny could stuff another dozen jelly doughnuts down his throat to die a less painful death and live a shorter unfulfilling life than he did.

Food stamps

Because most people today eat junk food all the time, sugary drinks, and most people have desk jobs so they care little about staying physically active. It's okay, there will always be a portion who eat right, exercise, and maintain themselves.

You're just jealous because we have food in our country and yours don't.

Because we aren't a 3rd world commie beehive
People have the means of wherewithall and opportunity to do whatever they want within the confines of our ethos and law
dum ass nibba

Sugar.

Cause america is the ultimate freedom.
Do whatever, even throw your life away.
We got it made B)

>the places with the lowest obesity have the most white people

Can't even make this shit up.

Honestly? Having worked in restaurants in america disgusts me. The number of people who eat large pizzas, deep fried food, and other greasy shit at literally every hour of the day is probably a huge reason.

You just did

>m-m-muh prezident

I might be retarded but how does that map make sense? Just 9 states are in the >25% or above category which means 41 are

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that looks like the fattest areas are also the niggest.

>m-m-muh memes

because if something happened like nuclear war the obese people will live longer by months compared to weeks if you have a "healthy BMI". long enough to grow crops and live forever off those crops.

Americans are fat, but using BMI as the metric is fucking retarded.

American here.

Our "culture" has been steered towards instantaneous gratification, and for whatever reason sugar seems to be like cocaine for some people. Education on what to eat and what not to eat is pretty terrible as well.

I feel trapped because I have no wife and I'm 29, seems like only the fatties are left.... :(

I hit the food preference lottery and don't enjoy sweet foods or potatoes, however my vice is salt.

shut up :'(

nhs.uk/Livewell/loseweight/Pages/statistics-and-causes-of-the-obesity-epidemic-in-the-UK.aspx

Europoors want to be fat like Americans too.

>I'm 29
And you are still a tier-4? Goddamn dude, most people stop being tier-4's at like 22. I guess a tier-3 isn't much better but at least you wouldn't be a tier-4.

I'll concede to that
>fair game Yank

Dang nabbit! They want their McDonalds right next to the liquor store. And damn it theys gon gets it.

WTF is this tier sorcery?

They'll kill a man if they ain't get Big Mac.

Don't blame diet, some humans have always overeaten and had poor diets, and in many ways improved - how many people do you know that have suffered from pellagra? It used to be a real problem in parts of the country that ate lots and lots of cornmeal.

What has changed is that American lifestyles have clearly and demonstrably become more sedentary over the past half century for people of all ages and in all socio-economic groups. Even if diet hadn't changed at all in the past century, this alone would explain a massive rise in obesity rates.

oops, meant to post this chart instead.

Also pronounced. MACdonalds isn't of Mic'Donalds. lol

>extensive international travel
>most young men look like american meth heads
>skin and bones, no notable muscle tone, shifty eyes, greasy hair
>either tank top or relatively nice looking shirt that somehow looks dirty, flip-flops or borderline knockoff sneakers
>most young women look like hookers
>overdone makeup, greasy hair, odd bruises and/or scars
>cheap looking, generic clothing
>anyone over 50, sometimes younger, turns into a stubby troll with visible health problems
>massive amounts of young people out doing nothing in the middle of weekdays
>damn near every single country bends over backward to accept US cash

You seem to lack an understanding of the way that exercise affects your body and burns calories, The food you eat is drastically more important to your size than exercise.

Not really

If you're talking about how calories get metabolized by the body in the short term, yes it really does matter what people eat. But obesity is the result of a pattern of consuming more than you need to support your everyday activities. The simplest way to avoid getting fat is to engage in some kind of physical activity everyday - this doesn't have to mean going to the gym, walking to the store works just as well.

But in America, you don't walk to the store because every business is surrounded by acres of parking lots, so the store is five miles away and if there's a route to the store it's a sidewalk next to noisy, polluting automobiles, and there are lots of crosswalks where you have to stop and wait and wait for more important traffic to go by, then pray that nobody decides to run a red light and maim you for life while you're crossing.

>walking to the store works just as well
Not if you only need to take 100 steps to the next mcds.