Anyone here read Stephen King's it? Why do the adults just ignore all the shit that goes on in that town...

Anyone here read Stephen King's it? Why do the adults just ignore all the shit that goes on in that town? Like all the missing kids. Why not move? Or try to figure out what's going on?

>reading the book right now, about 220 pagesl eft to go

Pennywise has control over the town. Simply, he makes everyone apathetic to the missing kids and murders.

Thanks for the answer. What do you think so far? I'm thinking of getting it. I heard about the sewer orgy lol how was that part?

Have not read, own but can't find. I've heard it's pretty sketch in parts. Like the bone scene in the sewer

It's not even half a page long. It's such a overblown part of the book, it's not even that important.

>why do the adults just ignore all the shit
Been a while since I read it, doesn't it open the grown up section with police seriously considering the clown as a supernatural entity causing it after what happens at a fair to some homosex boy? The chief just blows it off because it sounds ridiculous (and if, in real life, child dissapearances were blamed on a clown, no sensible adult would take it seriously either), even though he thinks its weard as shit too.
>may be blowing this out my ass, again, been a few years

And that means not important at all.

Should have included it in the movie TBH. It already has an R. Go hard R. Make it implied or off screen just sounds if you didn't want to be too risky. But people would over react so I understand why it wasnt added. Fucking SJW

the part about beverlys father trying to rape her is kind of harder.

This is true.....also why the parents stick images of missing kids over pictures of previously missing kids....

Well, there are some elements of "making a unbreakable bond" in there that make sense, but it's such a short part of a book that's pretty fucking long. All the controversy about it is kinda overblown.

It does.
The thing is more like "IT" chooses who he wants to see him. It usually pick kids because they are easier to scare.

Also kids are tastier.

I got the audiobook and holy fucking shit, half of it is just children being raped. I don't think I can put up with all of the child rape to finish it.

The Alien audiobooks are banging though if anyone is after something to get into. Covenant is through David's perspective.

yeah, specially the part when it is in the tunnels inside under Derry, surrounded by darkness with no lights, matches or anything of the sort.
They truly shoul put 5 2 minutes of black screen just for the joy of it.

Neck yourself before talking next time.

At least they include that in the movie

Hot Fudge Hero if you want an interesting read

Excuse me, this is an AMERICAN image board. If you want to stay here you have to learn proper AMERICAN speech and grammar.

It's explained pretty well in the story the one geezer tells about how this gang was shot by the whole town.
Adults instinctively look away when facing Pennywise, they can't grasp the connection between the clown and shit that happens because their mind kind of wanders off except when they're in full rage which is when they can actually see him.
It's also mentioned at the beginning of the book that the murder rate etc was only slightly higher than the surrounding areas, it's not like they have yearly full blown massacers.

I listened to River of Pain and Out of the shadows, and you are totally right, they are fantastic. I wish I could find a torrent of Covenant, I spent already my budget for books this month.

victor criss dont fuck with crazy

The fact that they're in the sewers would make it even easier. No lights. You can't see anything so just have the sex scene

If you'd ever been to Maine it would make perfect sense. Ayup.

to be honest it my fav book i ever read besides the fourth dark tower book wizard and glass.

A bunch of fucking kids found the 27 years pattern. No one else did? People not in the town so not under controll

Pennywise has infected the town. The adults on a subconscious level know he is out and feeding and know not to interfere. He also feeds on adults as well.

By the way, in the book it talks about how he used to feed in the indians. He is way older than the story shows.

the turtle

It would have given it a ton of publicity for something that's really not even relevant for the story.
Sure you'd have heavily fapped to that, but i don't think king or anyone else involved would have enjoyed the media backlash of this.

literally all of your questions are answered in the book.
>Why do the adults just ignore all the shit that goes on in that town? Like all the missing kids.
>Why not move?
>Or try to figure out what's going on?

He was awake then. As soon as he went back to sleep they forgot about the cycle.

What turtle?

It was a matter of luck that they found out though because as correctly stated pennywise is fucking OLD and way more powerful than you would have guessed. They found out because it got sloppy because it felt too secure.

1990s movie was better.

Isn't it mentioned in the movie?

Im currently reading it. Im about this way through. Couldnt wait any longer to see the movie tho, so i saw it last night. Is it worth finishing it? I know the movie misses the adult part. But ive been so spoiled i dont event want to finish it

So like I said people would over react

>spic
the book is better than the movie
don't be such a faggot

Not that I remember

I guess you never read many of kings books? King ads references for the crimson king and to the demon realms in many of his books. If you read Desparation or Low Men in Yellow Coats, it becomes pretty much clear, that the evil beings are from other dimensions or realms and they can alter human minds at their will. And pennywise and dandelo are related to the king, they are pretty much godlike beings.

Did they, tho?
I mean, the kids discovering the cycle.
Besides the movie, I don't recall the kids talking about the cycle in concrete numbers.

A bunch of kids beat up an extradimensional god in the sewer with a pipe lol

the turtle, man its the creator

It is a mediocre book and everybody knows it, it isn't even in King's top 10.

People only care about it because of Tim Curry, otherwise it would be another Tommyknockers or any other of the King adaptations nobody remember.

they mention the 27 years in the movie.

Yeah the fat kid did. He pointed out how shit like this happened every 27 years

Nope they never mentioned any turtle

Correct. And this much is obvious from simply watching the 1990 made for TV movie.

Yeah, because that totally happens in the book.
Go and read again the OP, moron.

Yeah, in the bloody movie, I was asking about the book.

The movie was deceiving, not even because the absent sewer sex scene (even if the girl playing bev is cute like hell, if I were to be a 14yo, it was instant crush) it was deceiving because it's not scary at all, everything is forced and lack of subtility. It's also too clean for describing the horror of an inter dimensional being feeding on human fear...

the turtle,

with the four elephants ?

you have to read a bunch of King's other books to really understand.
Dark tower series
Dr. Sleep / Shining
The Stand
Firestarter
They are all loosely set in the same universe, and according to his rules some people have very small amounts of psychic ability (or more in some cases) and are special. These kids are all special, and touched by fate/god

This. The goreness of the book couldnt be reflected on the movie

It was fun as hell to watch those kids beat the everloving crap out of It though

[SPOILER, IF YOU READ THE BOOK SCROLL PAST THIS]
[I'M FUCKING SERIOUS]
The turtle is a force which is kind of the counter balance to penniwise in the book. A good, but very passive force. It's something like a god and gives the children a little nudges in the right direction in order to survive. Much later in the book the children find out that the turtle is actually a gigant fucking turtle living in the void next to what could be called hell. It's there and does pretty much nothing and pennywise hates it, but couldn't do anything against it for the longest time because it was simply so massive. When they children return as adults one boy faces pennywise again in that void and they find that the turtle is dead. It's unclear if it simply died or was finally killed by pennywise, but at this point they lose all hope because they've lost their guardian. Afterwards they figure out that they can still win (which may be a little atheist message there) and end up defeating pennywise.

They talked about seeing one in the quarry and Gorgie had a model next to his bed. I doubt and It movie will have the turtle unless its animated. It would be too fantastic of a scene to put in the movie.

IT was not killed, just removed from our plane of existence.

>Shitty Best Seller edition.
>Not hard cover.
>One of the corners is even folded.
>Game of Thrones TV show bookmark.
My inside /lit/fag is screaming.

they do. numerous times.

I was about to bite the bullet and buy them all, and they were all on sale the next day for £7.

This is what im talking about. People have REALLY divided decisions

Just fap while reading the book, you fucking freak.

They probably left it out of the movie to keep the pedos for splooging onto some poor schmuck's hotdog.

They don't stop it in the book? Why doesn't IT starve to death after the kids free all the missing kids which are it's food supply?

The turtle is dark energy counter-effecting the gravity force on universal scale

spoken well brother.

Have the book, liked it.

ITT: a bunch of idiots who haven't read the book discuss shit

>Anyone here read Stephen King's it
yes, regrettably, i read quite a few stephen king novels in my youth, before i knew what good books were. stephen king is a shit writer for shit readers
>Why do the adults just ignore all the shit that goes on in that town
because as i said before, king is a shit writer who has no idea how to even hold together a coherent plotline, much less paint an attractive and memorable overall impression
>Or try to figure out what's going on
same answer
"omfg muh spokei clown XDDD"
"omfg is spook sewer systam xDDD"
"HAHA LMFAO DEY HAV DA SEX WIF DA GRIL XDDDD"
god damn.
it's a fucking shame that king will be remembered as a "good writer" and perhaps even "a valuable contributor to modern literature"

I love you. Marry me.

Haha you got a new hipster version. I got a version from the 80s my mother gave me as a kid. Fucking hipster faggot I hate you and your nail polish, fatty.

>shIT

He has feed already by the time he is stopped. He probably wakes up hungry when the new cycle begins, but he is still so fucknig angry at the Losers he probably doesn't mind it.
I remember something about It describing his feelings, how he usually only feels hunger, but then he starts having anger too, and being afraid of dying.

It's better then any shit you wrote, including this little review here, faglord.

>Implying I didn't already.

horror is a minor genre, but king is not THAT bad...
I'd rather prefer lovecraft's universe (even if it's not nobel lit)

only if you a hot chick then hell yeah, but seriously wizard and glass was amazing i wish their was more about it

how did they kill pennywise?

>It is a mediocre book and everybody knows it, it isn't even in King's top 10
It took him longer to write IT than any other book he has ever written. King considers it his standalone masterpiece.

Oh yeah I remember the turtle in the quary and the Lego one. Reference for the book readers I guess

Ooh I'm a hot chick bb let's fuck! Come luck my feminine penis baby.

More spoiler, if you didnt read the tower:
Maturin survived
Also: maturin and pennywise are in the same plane. They are in the material plane enclosing us and can only on a little scale affect us. Both have little to do with kings idea of the dark and demon realm.

I want to buy the book off amazon but it looks like a 2017 reprint for the movie. Is it the same or did they change shit?

Literally by laughing at it and shootin bit with a silver nugget. Apparently belief and conviction hold true in the spider's realm. They didn't kill it, they just weakened it tho. Wait for da sequel.

King was such a drug addled whackjob when he wrote this. I loved his older shit until he sobered up and his femicunt wife started influencing his work.

But I still remember wondering what the fuck i was reading when all the kids fucked to up their power level against IT. He could never pass that scene off as acceptable these days. America would collectively shit itself until he went into exile.

They didn't, just removed his avatar. Just like when your mom deletes your wow account.

But he will be remembered, unlike an angry, bitter nobody in a chinese image forum.

Agreed.

Ritual of Chüd, some weird chammanic shit of the kid and the demon biting each other tongues and trapping themselves in a mindbattle, the demon trying to get the kid to the Deadlights and the kid making him laugh to win. They kinda win due to Richie and his jokes.

They made it, it's called part 2.

no way traps are gay

Truely spoken like someone who never read many of his books. His plotlines go through several books, makes it hard for meme reader, but creates a very deep universe.

Same, the only ones King changed was The Gunslinger and The Stand, I think. But if you own a book, better have some quality, IMO, otherwise just download an epub or pdf.

When they are children they damage and weaken IT using IT's own powers of emotional materialization against it. As adults Bill receives the instructions of how to mentally/psychically defeat/kill/trap IT from the Turtle that created the Universe. They go down in the sewers and Bill is able to do it. The book hints that IT may still be alive in some form in the Universe though.

I'm a hipster fuck. I like paper. The feel and smell. Never got a kindle or audio book.

I would rather read Danielle Steel than Stephen King
Sadly I am saying this unironically
It is literally physically painful to read King, like having the flu, or even mono

>I think what was here before is still here—the thing that was here in 1957 and 1958; the thing that was here in 1929 and in 1930 when the Black Spot was burned down by the Maine Legion of White Decency; the thing that was here in 1904 and 1905 and early 1906—at least until the Kitchener Ironworks exploded; the thing that was here in 1876 and 1877, the thing that has shown up every twenty-seven years or so. Sometimes it comes a little sooner, sometimes a little later . . . but it always comes. As one goes back the wrong notes are harder and harder to find because the records grow poorer and the moth-holes in the narrative history of the area grow bigger. But knowing where to look—and when to look—goes a long way toward solving the problem. It always comes back, you see.
>It.

> Derry is a violent place to live in an ordinary year. But every twenty-seven years—although the cycle has never been perfectly exact—that violence has escalated to a furious peak . . . and it has never been national news.

>In other words, there were bad ‘years’ of fourteen to twenty months every twenty-seven years. But the bad year that began when your brother was killed in October of 1957 ended quite abruptly in August of 1958.

Fucking hell. I was going to post all of them, but he mentions 27 years every 3 pages.

>trying this hard

[EVEN MORE SPOILERS COMING UP]
[KEEP SCROLLING FAGGOT]
They find this indian ritual where two people bite on each others tounges and tell each other jokes. They don't completely understand it either but go through with the plan to try it. It turns out that it wasn't important that they follow the plan according to the script because its strength of amplifying the fears of people is also its greatest weakness. More on that a little later.
As the main boy (forgot his name) bites on its tounge they both get transported in the void. Pennywise tries to pull the boy into hell and it's kind of a mental battle where they fly through pretty much empty space (next to the now dead turtle) depending who's in power now. At first pennywise wins and almost kills the boy, but at this point he starts to believe in his childish ideas which turns out to be its greatest weakness. They turn around, and go back into their actual bodies and pennywise is fucked up at this point. Then the asmatic guy sprays some of his asthma spray on it and because he (childishly) believes its like acid it acts like acid on it. They then follow it which crawls away, destroy all of its eggs. (Did i mention it was pregnant and also a huge fucking spider?) If i remember correctly this is when the area starts falling apart and they make a run for it, it still lives at this point and crawls away. Once they've reached the exit shit breaks lose even more and large parts of the ground collapse indicating that it probably died.