Does anyone here take Wellbutrin? I just started a 150mg prescription twice a day...

Does anyone here take Wellbutrin? I just started a 150mg prescription twice a day. I'm already taking Effexor but I think it was making me feel worse. Apparently the two together are good though? Anyway, does this shit work for any of you? Any side effects that I should watch out for?

I have had it prescribed for years. I also have adderall and benzos

All I can say is I have no less than 5 full bottles of wellbutrin in my cabinet, sometimes I take 300mg a day when I am out of adderall

It does not do much for me, maybe like drinking coffee, but the fact that I have 200pills of it lying around and don't use them is the best case I can make for it's meh-ness

makes me have no feelings ever, but better than feeling like killing myself 24/7

I took 300 mg. tabs, daily, for a few years and that shit is great. I had to stop because of on side effect. It gave me an explosive temper every once in a while. Not every day but enough to know when to back off. I've been thinking about starting them again, though. Mood brightener indeed! It also push my creativity through the roof. Just sayin'

I was prescribed as a teenager and pretty much this. I stopped taking because I felt nothing.

Common side effect for people who suffer from bipolar, fyi user.

It gives me a lot of positive energy when mixed with my Lexapro. It also helps with the impotency brought on by Lexapro.

Did you switch to another drug? If so, which and how is it? And if not, did you slip back into depression?

Basically this. I stopped Lexapro when the Wellbutrin kicked in but turns out I was a combo of both that kept me going.

Is the other an SSRI? Wellbutrin will help a little bit but don't expect miracles

That's bullshit

go to bed michael

>Is the other an SSRI?
Technically not, but chemically similar. Same ballpark.

Sell some to a smoker who wants to quit, Wellbutrin and Zyban are the same thing.

Unless you have impulse control problems like "not being able to stop yourself from doing stupid shit"

or

"Constantly obsessing over commiting suicide"

then being prescription drug free is the best way to go. Talk to a therapist that won't immediately prescribe you something that will probably fuck you up in the long run.

Wellbutrin helps quit smoking?

What makes you an authority on this subject? Are you qualified in any way to say these things or are you talking out of your ass?

As far as I know Wellbutrin and Zyban are identical drugs just different brand names.

Don't encourage anybody to stop taking psychiatric medicine you fuck. Doctors and the medical field in general may know more about this than you.

He thinks therapists prescribe drugs, so no, he is in no way qualified and yes he is indeed talking out of his ass.

Gotcha, yeah they usually work better together IMO then separate. SSRIS have some nasty sometimes permanent side effects that Wellbutrin can help combat. IM 5 years deep on SSRIS and quit for most of a year at one point, started them again bc the side effects worsened after I discontinued AKA I lost all ability to feel sexual attraction. It got better once I got back on and added Wellbutrin, almost back to 100% honestly but now I'm afraid I can never discontinue either again...

Jesus man that's troubling. I'm glad they're working for you though.

I have an adverse reaction to Wellbutrin. I was origionally prescribed it for OCD and Anxiety. After starting Wellbutrin I started "picking" at my arms and face and any break in the skin i may have had, it got REALLY bad, I looked methed-out lol. Everything cleared up about a month after stopping Wellbutrin (the compulsive picking ended almost imeadeatly). I guess it works for some people (it's also prescribed for smoking cessation) but just not for me.

I just started taking the same along with the ssri i've been taking for over a year. It's only been a week and a few days but I'm super, unbelievably sleepy and severely depressed. Not sure if that's normal

I studied Psychology at University.

I've experienced Psychiatrists in the real world too, in the US and the UK.

>most shrinks I encountered just like fucking people up on drugs, don't care about long term effects or improving someones quality of life.

To elaborate, my dick worked still but literally could not give a shit about sex, and therefore couldn't really have it bc I would zone out and lose my errection. This happens a few times and whoever your with will start to get really self conscious and stop fucking you, which was fine with me bc I didn't feel the desire to fuck anyone. It was honestly the darkest and most confusing part of my life thus far. ANYWAY, don't do SSRIS unless you have to kids!

>a therapist that won't immediately prescribe you something
kek gtfo you fucking sperg

They are only a danger if they have impulse control issues.

That's why I specified "unless you have". See for my background.

> I think you're a shill that works for a pharmaceutical company or haven't been around patients or medication and thinks "medication helps" when all medication does is manage. Managing a mental health problem isn't curing it.

>like fucking people up on drugs
clearly you have never tried to get a benzo script from a psychiatrist before
kys faggot

Yeah I'm hoping to act as cautionary tale for other people. SSRIs also eventually lose there effectiveness if done for years at a time, so I may just eventually be fucked. Already had to switch from citalopram to lexapro bc the first one began to stop working about 3 or 4 years in...

This but plus irritability.

Therapists can help you break down circular thoughts where you keep thinking the same things over and over again.

They are also people you can confide in who have some insight into human behaviour.

>Herp derp all psychiatrists fix a quick label to someone and prescribe a medication, they do the least amount of work on a person and don't think about long term well being or independence.

>Literally all drugs made for mental health manage a patient, but don't cure them of their disease or negative impulses.

Why would you ever try and get a drug by being a patient.

In the UK they can strip you of your rights and section you to a hospital for treatment. They section people in the UK for being new to a city or for having symptoms that can't be explained easily.

>You're an idiot if you think being in a position where people can strip you of your rights won't be exploited by people looking for a paycheck.

no shit that's why you need both. psychiatrists manage your medication and therapists work on the individual's underlying issues
NIGGER

Psychiatrists have to diagnose your symptoms first.

Shit Psychiatrists spend about 20 minutes on a patient before prescribing them a drug they have never felt the effect of.

Those drugs manage a patient (render a patient incapable of performing or acting in a certain way "curing" them of negative impulses) but do not cure a patient of illness.

Essentially all drugs do is put negative impulses on hold but don't actually solve the issue for a patient.

>tl;dr why would you ever take prescription mental health drugs when therapy with a therapist might actually cure you of your mental illness.

>NIGGER
Was that entirely necessary?

i drink my own cum

Which side effect? Temper or creativity?

did a psychiatrist refuse you some addy or something? Why u so stuck up on them being bad? There are a lot of mental disorders that simply can't be "talked through" with a therapist. That being said, there are a lot of people out there who probably could just talk through their issues and never take script drugs, but there are plenty who can not be cured and for whom managing the bad impulses is the best we can do.
totally, 100%

I've had great success going to a community clinic i.e. free. The psychiatrists generally care what they are prescribing even though it tends to be generic. They have less bias imo.

I got the shits real bad from Wellbutrin, so the doctor put me back on Prozac. The med worked OK while I was on it, though.

It's also used for smoking cessation.

fuck my dirty dick hole Donny

I ended up in US immigration for 8 months after US boarder control tricked me into thinking the immigration process was handled through detainment at the airport.

The camp they sent me to was like a shipment containment with 50 hardened criminals in each block.

While there I tried warning the prison guards that a rumoured riot was going to start (something that could have been "hazing the new guy").

Those prison guards said I was suffering mental health issues because I tried to warn them and started forcing medication on me.

Spent my time in immigration camp in the US trying to hide the fact that I wasn't taking the medication that had been quickly prescribed to me to subdue me and ruin any chances of ever getting a fair immigration trial.

The few times I did take the medication in the US Immigration camp all that would happen is my thinking would become fuzzy.

I finally got out and back to the country I was born in (the UK).

cont.

cont.
I went to an NHS hospital feeling numb in my arms and legs.

They presumed I was on drugs, sent me to a mental health facility to get checked.

No drugs in my system, let's peg a mental health issue on him.

Diagnosed with Paranoid Schizophrenia despite having no hallucinations and no paranoid thoughts.

Sectioned (meaning I had my rights removed from me in a controlled environment) so that they could force drugs on me.

Repeatedly said I would go through any therapy they where willing to provide but that I did not want to go on drugs. I used to study Psychology at University and so knew the drugs they prescribed fucked people up and had experienced some of it while in the US Immigration system.

I was beaten up by staff for resisting and forced onto drugs with injections in an NHS hospital. Finally said I would take the drugs willingly when the next beating was scheduled and a nurse convinced me that the drugs they had prescribed me weren't that bad.

The drugs turned me into a literal zombie and made it impossible to think or react in real time. If I was showing symptoms of anything, I wasn't showing negative symptoms and shouldn't have been up on the drugs they put me on. I didn't show any kind of negative symptoms like having impulse issues.

I now can't fall into deep sleep because of the effect the drugs had and always wake up tired or feeling like I haven't been sleeping well. I've put on weight because of the drugs too.

>Is that enough experience for you? Or do you still think I was jonezing for some prescription high?

What did you think of Prozac?

sounds like something a paranoid schizophrenic would say
get the help you need buddy, the doctors aren't out to hurt you

prozac = no penis

Are you taking the SR or the XL? Anyway, biggest problem with Wellbutrin is irritability and anger issues.

All mental health disorders stem down to impulse controls.

If you can't manage a way of thinking or a state of being, you'll react with Negative or Positive mental health symptoms.

All the prescription drugs do is manage a patient, the prevent a patient from doing or acting in a certain way that is deemed "mentally ill".

No drugs prescribed for mental illness cure a patient (none of them do, most of them play around with dopamine levels in the brain. No advertisement or drug brochure say "this will cure you of schizophrenia/bipolar/delusional disorder" but do list symptoms that might occur if taking the drug).

>therapists take longer, but they can actually cure a patient of negative impulses that are categorised as mentally ill.

Really? I found that I had impulses to do stuff even though I had nothing to do. Wouldn't recommend.

prozac ruined my sex life

if you think that schizophrenia and bipolar disorders can be cured through therapy you have never been exposed to/ worked with anyone who actually had one of those disorders
NIGGER

Can you stay on antidepressants for life? I'm in a real fucked up life situation involving chronic pain and disability and struggling immensely every day.

I'm almost completely off benzos, they helped with a lot of the neuro symptoms, but I decided to stop taking them because they've recently been strongly associated with dementia and I'm worried about the long term affect they have on me. I might consider going back on them because so far they're the only drug that actually seems to do anything for me.

At no point did I ever say "those doctors where bad people" I just described what happened to me.

Schizophrenia involves a patient reacting to hallucinations or illogical thought or being deluded.

Heck, I'll get the definition out:
>"a long-term mental disorder of a type involving a breakdown in the relation between thought, emotion, and behaviour, leading to faulty perception, inappropriate actions and feelings, withdrawal from reality and personal relationships into fantasy and delusion, and a sense of mental fragmentation."

At no point did I show faulty behaviour given the situations I was in. A schizophrenic person would not be open to therapy as they would be so lost in fantasy and delusion that they "needed" medicating.

At no point did I say "I don't want to take prescription drugs because I've heard bad things about them". I actually studied Psychology at University so I knew some of the effects drugs had on people and didn't want to risk the side effects.

At no point was I paranoid.
heck, definition time:
>"a mental condition characterised by delusions of persecution, unwarranted jealousy, or exaggerated self-importance, typically worked into an organised system. It may be an aspect of chronic personality disorder, of drug abuse, or of a serious condition such as schizophrenia in which the person loses touch with reality."

I didn't take drugs and my concerns about the drugs came from studying Psychology. not too sure what else I can contribute.

tl;dr nice trigger bait. I was triggered. Could you tell?

I had my sex life ruined and when I tried to get help for it, people said I had a mental health condition without checking to see if I was lying.

>sometimes access to guns is a hell of a lot more just.

Had a roommate thats had a few bottles left over from when he quit smoking. I wanted to quit too so got them started. 3 weeks later we we're stopped at a light in a large U. S. City, I got a dirty look from some fratfag in a minivan. I jumped out of the car, dragged every motherfuckers out of that van and smashed them all up. Hell, I even threw one through the back window of the van. Quit taking that shit immediately. I'm sure it helps alot of people, but watch out for the temper aspect. It could get you a trip to county.

I got sertraline and buproprion.
Doesn't do shit other than keep my tongue in cheek when it comes to my anger. Probably because of the dosage, but I hate taking them, as it isn't necessary. I need something to keep me from pressing my thumbs into someone's eye sockets. Anti-Psychotics or a few too many benzos'd do just fine.

I was sectioned in the UK. Had my rights taken away from me.

I was a normie surrounded by mentally ill people for a total of about 12 months in the NHS system.

Most of the patients I met had impulse control or street drug issues. None of them where offered therapy (most weren't even willing to engage in therapy if given the option).

All drugs did was manage them, stopped them from performing negative impulses. They didn't do anything about the well being of some of the patients, they just drugged them up.

Some patients didn't know how to wash properly, some where suffering from rashes or rotten teeth. Not once did the NHS try and fix those issues with patients (something that might have had an affect on their long term health and well being).

Prescription drugs for mental health would state "we cure mental illnesses" if they actually worked. They can't say that because they would be sued into oblivion.

Have you tried impulse control?

A lot of people think about pressing their thumbs into someone's eye sockets but they have impulse control, so they don't do it.

Do you take drugs or stimulants of any kind?

i take 300mg a day + 60mg adderall
I get crazy pins and needles in my chest and intense itching all over my body