There was a EDC thread on here a few days ago and me and a guy were arguing with eachother and then things were cool in...

There was a EDC thread on here a few days ago and me and a guy were arguing with eachother and then things were cool in the end. We were arguing about CCW revolvers vs auto. I have more questions for you bud

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ru2w7Q9F3Vg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I have more questions for you bud

silly, you cant shoot somebody over the internet

Is there even a question? Autos would win in most, if not all situations.

semi auto in every situation

Well I initially said that I dont know if I'd be super comfortable carrying one in the chamber with a SA trigger, as opposed to a heavy DA revolver trigger. But with training, that wouldnt be an issue. I'm just looking to get people's opinions on the subject and on certain guns I've been looking at (442, Sig P238)

if your gonna get a CCW revolver, what would it even be?

get something striker fired with no manual safety, but a trigger and drop safety.

If you're an autist get the springfield xd with the grip safety as well. That's 3 safeties.

What would it be? As in what company? Between the S&W 442 and LCR .38

I carry a cz-75b 9mm (Czech version not American. this one was made sometime in the 80s). it's a little on the hefty side, but it shoots like a dream.

Only advantages to a revolver as I see it:

ammo failure, just pull the trigger again--most natural reflex vs tap/rack/clear/etc

Certain carry methods--like jacket pocket let you shoot without drawing (shoot right through the pocket, multiple times vs an auto that would jam up in that state)

In pretty much every other scenario, auto wins.

Well I live in Chicago, so I'd be carrying it in a jacket pocket a lot of the time (legally, of course).

if youre not comfortbale carrying a gun in condition 0 then you shouldnt be carrying a gun at all until you get more cowadoody points

the best way to have your questions answered is to answer them yourself.

go to a range and start shooting. there are courses you can take at some ranges. you don't really know what works for you until you try it. also, using guns is the only way to understand how they work, what works best for you, what you are comfortable with, etc.

my first pistol was a full sized M&P. it was for home defense and target shooting. once i because comfortable with how a polymer framed pistol worked and had confidence it using it i decided i would get CCL. in my state I had to go through an 8 hr course and fire a gun on the range to prove my competence.

after than i had to figure out what kind of gun i wanted. i went to the local range or shot other people's guns and figured out what was right for me. i ended up with a Ruger LC9s striker fire in 9mm with an extended 9 round magazine.

I have access to a lot of woodlands and i regularly practice pulling my gun out of my holster, or pocket and quickly putting rounds on a life size target. there are several exercises you can do to practice defensive shooting.

gun fights happen VERY fast. you don't stand there looking for a bullseye on target. anyway, all this took 2 years. take your time and do the work. it's your life and someone elses life possible you are talking about. have a CCL doesn't mean you won't get arrested and charged. there are very strict rules at least in my state for when you can use deadly force.

carry a gun is no joke and your CCL is not a golden ticket. if anything it makes you more responsible.

Well yeah that was what was agreed upon later in me and that dude's talk.

>i ended up with a Ruger LC9s
i see you skipped the part where you got drunk and high right before making that decision.

I carry either a Ruger LCP 2 in my pocket with one round in the chamber and a Boraii holster. or a glock 19 IWB with one in the chamber. It's stupid to carry without one in the chamber.

Revolver is good for your at home always loaded defence weapon. Auto tends to get more likely to jam the longer it sits loaded and unused. Otherwise I would go with auto.

If I got a 442, it would be both home defense and CC.

if youre gun is sitting around unused/unmaintained for long enough that it wont function then you wont even remember you have the gun if you need it.

wtf you talking about bitch? perhaps you misread that as LC9 and not LC9s. I have the LC9s (i even wrote striker fire) not the shitty LC9 with long trigger. it's a fav or many people. go to youtube and educate yourself.

Revolver do the job, a S&W model 640 with 2 quick chargers is perfect for self defense. Except if you are in war country. The pocket size and surprise aspect can do the trick.

I've carried an airweight 642 ever since airweights have been a thing and never in my time considered going back to Semi. I had a G33 phase but went straight back. I'm not carrying to get into an all out gun fight that needs 15 rounds and 2 extra mags all I need is 3 38spl +P and 3 high grain 357 at the end.
I want to end my combatant but go plinking with them back and forth

i can read, i am aware. you still have a mediocre gun. it will shoot bullets but there are many more better choices. it has too many needless "safety" features to be a gun id carry daily. it takes 3 extra steps just to field strip it, how is that beneficial?

I deliver pizza in a city known for its rampant nignog (Lynn,MA)population.
I carry (pic related..just a promo shot) because a few months ago another pizza driver got shot in the head sitting in a parking lot of a local catholic church

>Auto tends to get more likely to jam the longer it sits loaded and unused
Lol wut

I mean the casings stay in the gun after your fire, if you handle your ammo with latex gloves you maybe might have a higher chance of avoiding having to hire a lawyer if you have to use it

Do you have the rubber grips or wood boot grips?

And thanks for replying doods

I'm sorry the airweight 340. I have both but at the time I had 38 spl on my mind

Is the kick from .357 loads bad in a 442 sized gun?

If you really like the idea of a revolver try the Kimber k6s. It has a very smooth trigger DA only but no exposed hammer. One of the downsides to a revolver is the exposed hammer getting snagged when you draw. I prefer striker fired but the key is to carry what you practice consistently with.

Yes

Hogue Laminate grips, Black dont remember the exact model name

That's a nice revolver actually. Got to shoot one recently but can't find one for sale.

Not at all, the size and weight makes the recoil more straight back than upwards. Proper palm rest and a little practice and discipline and it's rarely an issue

Walther PPS works great. been carrying it for years. LAST THING i want is to pull and have to worry about a safety. my finger is the safety

Granted I didn't have that specific gun, but I had pic related and it was legit painful to shoot.

Looking for something super small. That's a worry of mine, too, is having to deal with a safety in an already ultra high-stress moment.

A taurus anything is painful to shoot their ergonomics suck. I'm not bashing the maker specifically they make nice cheep guns.
Speaking of taurus their Curve lines are pretty cool but my manager has one and said in practice it's jams about 5 times out of a hundred shot break in and I dont like them odds.

Btw you'll never jam with a revolver for OP

If you want autos and worried about that stuff and just want to have a simple safe small carry just get look up glock brands. They're fool proof

If you want a revolver for the same reasons S&W airweights

if you want super small you probably need to get something in .380, though it's a shitty round for self defense

how often do you clean your gun and do you rush it or take your time? your silly point is silly like you. i at least don't have to pull the trigger to disassemble my gun.

as for the safeties, you can get them without the external safety or...... don't use it at all. for me I like having the external safety with a 5lb trigger and since i have practiced hundreds of rounds unsafing the gun is second nature.

only an idiot would tell someone else their gun sucks.

de gustibus non est disputandum

Pocket? Ruger LCP

Holster? S&W Shield in .40

>hundreds of rounds
comeback when you have some actual trigger time and we'll discuss this further. thanks for trying though. stay safe out there, kiddo.

>Current year

>External safety

went from "your gun sucks" to "too many safeties" to "get some trigger time kiddo." i get it, you got owned talking shit about something that is neither right nor wrong. that's your problem you don't really get that. should you put ketchup on a steak? there's no right or wrong answer.

im just saying you could have made a better objective choice. if it works fine for you, good. no need to get butthurt about it lol.

2:15
2:29-2:50
youtube.com/watch?v=Ru2w7Q9F3Vg

there are plenty more vids on youtube just like this but i get it you're a bad ass. you probably shoot one handed and cocked sideways like they do in the movies.

fucking idiots

>Women selling guns

Stopped there

well when you carry sa, if it doesnt have a transfer bar, you leave a chamber empty so the pin rests on nothing. when you cock the hammer it cycles the next round in front of the pin.
if you dont want to do that you can get one with a transfer bar which doesnt leave the pin on a round.

hey I'm here

Agree 100%. I carry a s&w 649 in 357

I use Uncle Mike's rubber grips, it's a handful with that heavy round and 2 fingers on the grip.

My daily carry

All my pics exceed the size limit.

I used to carry a 1911 for the longest time, looking down my nose at the young pups with their polymer frame whatchamacallits and their night sights. 2 bumps and a hump was good enough for me. I finally broke down after a friend kept bugging me and ended up buying a Springfield XD-M Mod 2 in .45, admittedly it's a fairly good shooter and with the extended mags, it's mighty comfy in my hands. I miss the long sight radius of my 1911, but I do like having almost 2 mags of rounds in one mag.

>Inb4 much shot placement

I know when the event comes for me to draw for self protection, everything gonna go down fast. I can spend hours at the range to practice, but I feel much better giving myself the insurance of carrying a few spare rounds. Because if I need to use it, I don't want it to run dry before the cops come. Revolvers are fun to shoot, but I'll probably never make it my EDC piece simply because I don't care for them. It's really that simple.

And to the user who said autos tend to jam when they're left sitting; seriously? I clean all my guns once a month, even if they've not been shot in a year. It's calming for me, and there's literally nothing wrong with that.

yeah OP I said I'm here.... wats up dude....?

noice J frame. our president used to CCW one of them

Bumpy bump bump.

Also, /k/

i love my LCP .380 carry it when ever i go somewhere more then 2 miles from my house, just about anywhere but the supermarket or the gym which are close

WOW I was in that thread and I made fun of all of you faggots. turned out the queer I was dogging on all along was an at&t faggot. Youre a faggot. Just EDC your anal stimulator homo

My dad used to have a c-96 in his car

what's that mean "am I printing?"

what about my hi point?

Printing is when you're carrying a concealed weapon, and while it's not directly visible- the outline is apparent from tight or ill fitting clothing. So others may not see your gun, but they can see the approx shape size, and location of it.

10/10 nignogs, would rob a corner market with it

>The problem solver

>doesn't notice the sights

oh shit duh. Jesus Christ I CCW and I feel ashamed now. I'm tired tho okay? OKAY!?

My daily carry.
Pro:
Reliable
Low maintenance
Light
Easily concealed
Can be shot from anywhere.... Pocket, under jacket, etc. without jamming a slide.
Quite accurate
Con:
Doesn't make me look "cool".

Not only do nignogs love the Hi-Point, they also hold the weapon sideways.. so my reference was in fact a direct causation of those abysmal lumps of aluminum.

S'okay m8. I won't tell anyone.

tfw both of those were me

My wife carries one of those.

Thoughts on the NAA Revolvers?

Except for shell casings being left behind, could be a big deal depending on the circumstances.

How did you train them to bit on command? That's badass.