Just got my bass guitar yesterday. What are some good songs that I could start with?

Just got my bass guitar yesterday. What are some good songs that I could start with?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ONw0q2ZhEXg
vocaroo.com/i/s0z8uq39MwEs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Primus - Wynona's Big Brown Beaver

Through the Fire and the Flames

anything from and justice for all XD!!

learn 5 pop punk songs and your master the bass.

Start with a basic technique book first

Feel Good Inc.

Learn sunshine of your love but only USE YOUR EAR! its simple enough you can do it by ear, dont look up tabs or music.

have you played guitar or any string instrument before?

this but ironically

Play some white zombie thunder kiss 65, its easy and sounds cool

Add two more strings and come back when you can play an instrument that actually takes skill

Night of the Assassins

t. played Smoke on the Water once on bass and now thinks he's a master
Go record yourself playing a walking bass line only using given chords and post it here

Sell it and buy a mans bass

It better not be a viola or you have shit taste.

Also, pretty much anything from youtube.com/watch?v=ONw0q2ZhEXg is a good place to start.

>Played
>On bass
You missed my point that bass is literally a peasant """instrument"""

>can't even do what I asked
Guess it takes more skill than you want to believe

Can you do it

Nope

Gtfo you pretentious hillbilly fuck

Honestly, the one that I have to reccomend is Psycho Killer. While it is the Creep of Talking Heads, it has a really recognizable bassline and there's some stuff in it that's more than just the main riff, and Tina Weymouth wasn't particularly good.

That said, I'm gonna have to reccomend you learn even a little bit of music theory, because that really helps. Ear training is kinda difficult but definitely not impossible, but knowing music theory means that you can generally figure out the other notes in relation to the one you just heard quite easily - and later on it means you can take some simple humming and turn it into a bass riff.

>hillbilly fuck
>jazz musician
>lives in north philly

I can but idk how to record stuff and put in on 4chins

record onto vocaroo and post link

Metallica - Orion, ears only

Ok, what changes do you want me to walk on? Electric bass or upright? Do you just want me to walk or do you want it in context by playing the melody and soloing over a chorus? This will be a good warm up for my practice anyways.

jsst do ur thing and give it a whirl, baby girl :)

Is This It - The Strokes
amazing bassline on the opening track. Learn the F scale across the four strings and then figure it out by ear, man.

desu I only know a few entry level jazz songs, but do Moanin' if you got it

Also upright, feel free to just walk

I started with With Or Without You, and then went to the main riff for The Working Man. Also Come Together is a classic and fairly simple.

Does anyone else think that the bass Lennon plays is adorable? Like the body is so small you could almost snuggle it to death, and don't get me started on those curves! I just want to pet every bass I see that looks like that and bully them endlessly, bending strings left, right and centre.

One Moanin' on upright coming right up

started to botch the melody on the way out and almost did a second take and then i remembered this for Sup Forums so here you go. that was fun, havent played that tune in years. vocaroo.com/i/s0z8uq39MwEs

I have one and it is indeed comfy

Pls no bully

p. good, didn't realize that's how the bass went

remain in light

joy division

Roundabout

Just trust me on this one user

Seven nation army?
If you want something fun and challenging Rapper's delight.

Amebix
Megadeth
Sodom
Motörhead

YYZ