>horrible characterization
>not as dark as it should be
>cringeworth soundtrack/teenage crap
>not a single racial slang
>Jew kid was proud of it, not hidding it so bullies don't fucking KILL HIM
>Patrick Hockstetter
>overall bad adaptation

THANK YOU.
Although, I will say the designers really nailed the description onf Pennywise the Clown with the silver suit.
s'bout it.

I dunno whats with this whole throwback to retro quality and 70s-80s music in tv and cinema in the few years.

I blame a fusion of Gaurdians of the Galaxy and Stranger Things.

Compared to most of the horror released this year and the 90s mini series how can you talk bad about the film? inb4 “Get Out” was so much better

Pennywise the Clown was decent in terms of physical appearance but he was week and felt human. Character development was shit. No dark, deep themes are explored.

The kids were fucked up in the story, not sad because they had to use tampons.

It misses the point.

>ranking movies by comparing them with the popular "same genre" movies that came out parallelly.

Oh right, I forgot. I should be comparing horror movies to other genres released this year.

i liked it

Good movie compared to all the other wannabe horror movies out there

this, all other horror movies in the past ~5 years have been crap and this is just like a light turd in the bucket, a good refreshment

No you asshole, you do not compare it, you review it as piece of work belonging to a certain artistic field. You check out the known variables for reviewing cinema (direction, editing -which sucked-, acting, writing) and then, being honest and true to you, you proceed to EXPLAIN why you liked or didn't like the movie.
It's not about genres you brute.

wasnt scary. wasnt funny. felt like a jim carrey fuckin the grinch or cat in the hat type horror movie for kids. with cussing. big deal. every joke was a dick length or a your mom joke. not funny or original in any way. just annoying and cringey. the kids were never in danger. or a sense of danger. never felt like they were scared. they should be on the brink of mental breakdowns and ptsd. not faggot ass jokes and gay shit. pussy clown

Also bad CGI.

I got up halfway through to smoke a cigarette. Waste of money. The movie wasn't inherently bad, it just wasn't much of anything. Even if the original story does focus alot on the kids and the psychological aspect of their problems and shit, they dumbed it down into another "Look at us, we're disenfranchised teens in the 80's" bullshit movie.

Shit was boring

>Why the throwback?
Because all of the children of that era are now the ones producing this shit, and surprise surprise, it's creatively bankrupt as fuck.

watching pretty yeah this movie sucks ass

Fine, I’ll bite. I thought the children were good in the film. The pipsqueek kid had me laughing. Set design gave me chills at time. I didn’t mind the editing. I’m assuming you had an issue with the jumpcuts while Pennywise was running? The James Wan style in horror is getting played out too much with the whole swooping motion and track the whole area in one shot.

I get it. The hype is too big and the edge train to shit on the film has seats available.

It was almost an hour shorter than the original... A three hour movie wouldn't fly in theaters these days

Exactly. They would be fucking traumatized as they were in the fucking book. I don't expect a perfectly faithfull adaptation, but the movie misses the point by targeting a politically correct audience.

They focused way to much on the theatricality of the Pennywise sections and not enough on the rest of the movie. Every scene was set up just to lead you back into a split second shot with Pennywise saying something creepy, and then gtfo'ing. The movie had no substance.

WTF did you expect, you fag. It's a fucking hollywood film. You piece of shit nigger.

Well I mean, it does take place in 1988, which was when the book was written. Would you really want the movie to take place in 2017? I sure as fuck wouldn't.

Yeah. OP is a fag.

worse shit i ever seen

ernest scared stupid was scarier than this shit
rather watch a leprechaun remake tbh

Yes-- your taste is in line with leprechaun films. Note, there's no novels behind those you tiny minded fuck.

Movie was good, only wish the nigger kid died.

Hmm that's disappointing. I haven't watch the new It yet.

This is fairly typical though in mainstream movies and entertainment with people wanting to make money; "It" is a product first, art second.

If you want to watch something smart, don't go mainstream. It's too bad though, I was looking for to it.

movie sucked balls glad i watch it bootleg

kys hipster nerd faggot

Why would you want a novel behind if you are going to shit all over it anyway?

cause hes a retard

overall, pretty decent film

enjoyed it

watched it twice.

these graphics look so fucking fake maybe i was suppose to watch this crap in 3D?

Yes, two deep critics with lots of insight but with no backup here.... how, common.

1 or 2 DUDEs SAME FAGGING THEY LIKED THE MOVIE

This doesn't really make sense, and yet I hear people say this kind of thing all the time. "Mainstream music/movies/shows are about the money first and foremost, and completely disregard artistic integrity." Yeah but... wait... so you're basically saying that mainstream media deliberately reduces the quality for... for what reason exactly? That makes no sense. That's like saying a pizza shop deliberately makes shitty quality food because the masses prefer it that way.

Nah, I just have taste. There's nothing wrong with liking these movies. I get why people hate it though, which means I should lower my expectations.

Did they have the child sex in the sewer part?

Critic cause i called u a retard you're so smart boy

1 dude samefagging they did not like it.

Yes

OK, not a critic, not an adult, and we never took your non-opinion seriously anyway, child.

No
Don't lie you pathetic cunt, they don't even say nigger in that poor adaptation.

It was perfect and will sadly overshadow A Cure for Wellness.

People like things that are easy to understand. They build a product to sell to the lowest common denominator and then make it wildly available and it sells in volume.

It's a corporate job for the people who made it. No one really loved the story and put their soul into it. I work for a huge corporation and I build a product; it's the same thing.

>We

boy u really are retarded

A Cure for Wellness wad absolute garbage

havent watched it but probably shoulda tried to make the clown look like the original

Yeah. My gf and I almost walked out of this trash for a refund. Some annoying teen girls were behind us and girl closest to me had her feet up on the seats so i convinced gf to stay so I could mentally jack off.

only reason we stayed through this shit remake.

How's about doing what the book did and having the kids in the 60s and the adults in the 80s?

.. does it make a difference?

The original is a miniseries that was on TV and had a shit budget.

Yet I say it really shined compared to this.

Of course it does.

>the original
you mean the first version after the book?
I think this version looks just plain better, non-human, yellow eyed. Yeah yeah Tim Curry was a great theatrical presence but that show is 20+ years old.
The original, right.

If your looking for a perfect stephen king book adaption then watch Mr Mercedes. He runs over a shit ton of people at a job fair, blows up people in cars, poisons dogs, and drives old ladies to kill themselves. He even attempts to blow up a whole concert venue of teenage girls.

Also, why the fuck did they have to make her dad a rapist? I thought the book was quite apt to make he afraid of blood not cause her father raped her bloody, but because she was afraid of becoming an adult and becoming a disappointment like her father (cause menstruation is the gateway to adulthood)

are you all even real

All that music is public domain and doesn't have to be paid royalties when used. That's why we're always being pummeled with 30 year old music and style.
I grew up in the 70s, it and the 80s were a bit shit and the residual crap they push now is not like it was then.

Yes. It's one of those movies made in 3d then downscaled
I had the pleasure of watching it in 3d without glasses cause fuck me

explain how

Good point, but too subtle for the market.

I had a feeling that's what you were getting at, yeah. The average commoner is sort of a vapid philistine and doesn't like abstract metaphors and all that, yeah, but it isn't always the case with movies. Take something like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas for example. That movie stayed pretty true to Hunter S. Thompson's original vision for the movie. It was deep in some ways. Although when I do encounter people who have seen it, more often than not they are like "Hurr durr yeah man awesome movie. Drug fueled bender—hilarious! There should be some kind of sequel or something!" I get the feeling that the average person didn't really "get" it or take anything away from it; to them it was just a drug comedy.

Kind of off-topic, but am I the only one who liked Thinner? Everyone I've talked to about it said they hated it, and I never understood why.

Same thing with the Wolf of Wallstreet. People just like all the hookers / crazy lifestyle and don't get how it's a story about the corruption of a good person and his mistakes.

Original vision for the book*
Sorry, I'm tired.

Well in the 60s, it'll make more sense for a city to cover up the murder Rate each year to "keep it close" or "in the family"

In the 60s, it'll make sense for girls to make fun of a peer for being loose

In the 60s it'll make sense that the bullies are huge fag bashes

In the 60s, it'll make sense going to a library and using micro film and shit (it's 1989 in this fucking movie, the internet was around)

This is just a Short list

to clarify, your point is nobody bullied kids for bein fags or losers in the 80s?

ok, good opinion.

discarded.

It was unnecessary to say the least. Each of the children's problems in the book relate to fears a child would have about adulthood (menstruation so she sees blood, hypochondriac so he sees a leper, etc) but the movie just decides "hey, the book made a really good metaphor about childhood fear going into adulthood, but let's just make shit up"

I'm mildly drunk so forgive my rambling

I liked it. I can see it being seen as a bit hokey.

I mean you do have a point, everything should be reviewed as an individual work. But doing a comparison too isnt that bad.
At least you can give the film the point that is clearly better then its competitors in the genre no?

So, your whole argument hinges on only one of my points? Good to know you don't have shit to say about anything else

And my point was that in the 60s, it makes sense no one put a stop to it. By 89 there were anti billing campaigns. Never mind a kid getting cut with a fucking knife.

In the 60s, it'll be "boys will be boys" you dense fuck

i was 19 in 1989, the internet was not a thing then. Even cell phones were giant Motorola bricks rebranded from military issue and anyone who had one was laughed at for pretending to be that fucken busy they needed a phone everywhere they went.
Calling a girl a slut, bashing faggots, insular communities, all timeless. Also Derry was meant to be a place mentally and spiritually afflicted, so the bit about things being bad and unreported is hard to do in a movie.

Nibba, this is why you smoke cigarettes. You stupid nigger

Nope. I liked it too. They did a good job with the gypsy too, he actually kinda creeped me out which is more than I can say for 99% of the scary movies I've seen recently that I pretty much yawn through.

I was also alive in 89 and I remember my local library had Internet. Wasn't great but it was there.

You do bring up the point that it's a stunted town, but for fucks sake if they are such a small town how th fuck did they have a huge arcade?

your opinion was weak as fuck to begin with considering how little the role of the decade played in both films.

but the fact it's just

> durr no bully 4 sluts xD

> hehh nobody h8 gays hehehe

is your rationale as to why the decade doesnt work is just so arbitrary and retarded I legit view you as a chimp.

nigga it's over don't even bother replying, I hoped you had something intelligent to say, I was wrong.

peace.

Abundant, it was during the 80s arcades and video games in general became wayyy more mainstream at least for kids.

Movie is shit.
Lacks all of the racial overtones of the book/ miniseries.
Character development is weak as piss.
Whole movie has no flow and feels as if its just a series of short horror based stories with the same main characters.
Nothing but jump scares that are not even scary and zero atmosphere.
Pennywise's lines come across more awkward than menacing.
Every time Pennywise is on camera its more funny than it is scary.
No sex scene.
2/10

Uh huh the old
>I can't attack your points cause they are weak so I'll just ad hominem til you stop responding
Tactic. You can't argue the facts so you run away. Face it.

Bullshit. I was in 9th grade in 89 and there was no fucking internet.

Ok, movie was ok but definitely not a horror movie, not even a scary movie.

Characters were nice but for a different type of movie.

Had so much potential.

How about the fact that in 89, it'd be hard as fuck to cover up missing people every month? Or the fact that there was a kid using Goddamn microfilm instead of a fucking computer.

Yea, gloss over the fact that they have a huge arcade in this small town but not a single computer

Not only that, but that high school looked like a huge inner city high school. Didn't really line up with the whole small town vibe.

because that would have led too easily into the, "fuck it, adulthood" theme which leads to a giant orgy. they were trying to avoid that.

The internet has been around since the sixties. You can easily Google internet in the 80s to see that you are not correct.

Internet was invented way before 1989 you retard

Mad because there's no racist slang. smh. Kids now in days.

>thinks his opinion is valid
>can't properly spell four letter word

It's weak you fucking idiot.

So they had to butcher a story and it's themes to hide a child orgy? Call me old fashioned but I say a few child orgies are a small price for literary purity

This also. There is zero consistency in this film.

What fucking war did they say that kids dad died in? It's 89 so I dont think it was vietnam.

It was pretty good to be honest. Scarier than the OG series, everyone of the kids had at least one great moment, it was very well acted, beautiful score, too. Think of it less as a horror film and more as an adventure/coming of age story and it's kickass.

I would guess Grenada, I haven't watched it yet

same fagging nigger

Nigga died I'm Grenada? How the fuck did that happen? Did he fall out of the boat and drown?

Samefag

Was there a /ss/ sewer orgy?