ITT post albums where the artists turned pop, but it actually turned out pretty well

ITT post albums where the artists turned pop, but it actually turned out pretty well

load
>inb4 its not a metal album, its not old metallica so it sucks

Nevermind, Clearly

Ive never listened to any yes besides roundabout but isnt their whole deal the 7 min long flamboyant prog song
Id say Black Album is when they went pop.
No, it did not go well

>but it actually turned out pretty well

Duke was great tho

>90125
>but it actually turned out pretty well

It went so bad he killed himself

>pop artist turns pop

>Load

Black album is where they went pop but it was the predecessor to all the bluesy rock stuff that lead to Load / Reload.

Load itself isn't that good of an album.

90125 is great guys what the hell

Broken social scene album w the song sweetest kill on it, forgot the name of it

not exactly when they turned to pop, but this album is my fucking jam

Death of a Bachelor

>rip forgot image

I just cut it down to Mama, That's All, Home By the Sea & Second Home By the Sea. Makes for a bomb-ass EP imo.

just a job to do is my favorite track..

Fair enough bruv. I prefer Pete Gabriel-era Genesis anyhow, so I'm kind of a humongous faggot.

hell yea bud

you can't name a better example than this

great taste, dudes

Rutherford's on record saying that the first side of Genesis was the best they ever recorded

Not really sure what the hell you're talking about.Their first two albums were arguably pop, and they returned to it with Permanent Waves.

He was pop an album before this.

If you don't think Duke's Travels is the tightest shit you can just fuck right out of here.

Silver Rainbow is really fun tho

Good one

But fr, it's not pop

Pretty much all of their 80s albums are at least solid. Abacab is in their top 5 best.

I've been lied to

Jim O'Rourke's Drag City albums.

that album is so good