United States Cultures

This looks about right to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2013/11/08/which-of-the-11-american-nations-do-you-live-in/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Sweden_Township,_Nicollet_County,_Minnesota
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why do you think cultures end at state lines?

where is freedom culture?

What is the green and purple?

>Minnesota
>New Sweden

If you consider the Twin Cities as part of Minnesota, you're part of the problem. It's a containment zone that no right-minded person would willingly stay in for long or live in. It's also not indicative of the entire state.

missouri, maryland, and delaware ain't Dixie

dead on about the midwest having no culture, though

>Midwest
>no culture

Hahahahahahaha. Damn right I mad.

>Green

Appalachians (aka 'Hillbillies' a Slur)

>purple

Cuban-America

wisconsin and minnesota are cuck states and make up new sweeden.

literally the worst states.

kill yourself if you live in one of these states. honestly familila.

Found the Iowan. Don't you have some shitty driving to be doing?

Cute

green's probably Appalachia, purple is new cuba~

there is nothing alike between the people, climate or culture in LA/San Diego and Albuquerque.

LA metro and New York metro are cultures in and of themselves.

>Colorado
>no culture
I'd be less offended if you lumped us with Californians

>Illinois
>Land of Lincoln
>not Yankee

Southern Illinois is not like Northern Illinois, so if you made that distinction it would work

Wisconsin is not a cuck state

I wouldn't call them Yankees either, I'd make them their own category and call them Cheeseniggers

Other than voting for democrats, I doubt Michigan and Wisconsin have anything in common with the NE. Its Midwestern culture.

please don't lump my beautiful San Diego in with the utter shithole that is LA

maybe shit

this map sucks

>Has city called Bismarck
>New Sweden

>midwest has no culture
Really we're just the south done right. Have fun with your plethora of negroes.

My daily dose

What states are the "Southern" states?

The states of the confederacy, Kentucky, and parts of Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio.

What's the best state in America?
Texas?

alaska

Never been there so I can't say, I like my home state of Indiana, but am fond of Florida and Illinois as well.

Florida is apparently like Mackay but with actual city, cold semi tropics ay

Virginia, Maryland, and Delaware are their own culture group that is completely unrelated to the deep south and the northeast. These threads always either put Virginia seperate from Maryland and Delaware or else lump all three with the south.

Which is stupid. They have about as much in common with Alabama as they do with Hawaii.

Florida is pretty nice but I wouldn't want to live there, people are too fake and traffic in Orlando especially is horrendous.

>Texas
>Not a country

I call them the tidewaters really but I still lump Virginia in the south since they were in the confederacy, never been to Virginia though outside of the DC metro area so I can't say for sure on anything.

My friends went to Miami last month, they reckon it was just niggers trying to sell them crack claiming it was MD or anything else really

Texas should be split in half about 50 miles west of Austin. East Texas is South and West Texas is Cowboys.

nice

Well, I would say that only really applies to NOVA. If you go South of Frederiksberg, it starts looking more and more like Dixie

Official term is the Midatlantic states. Virginias involvement with the Confederacy gets a huge emphasis because Richmond became the capital. People forget the CSA did that in order to make the State more closely bound as well as to insure it was a threat magnet and forced to fight. In the lead up to the war it was not certain virginia would secede. Slavery plantations were a fraction of the States economy when compared to the deep south, and focused more on tobacco rather then cotton. In the 1860 election virginia voted for the constitutional unionist party that ran on an anti secession platform that favored peaceful settlement rather then rebellion. And after secession occured fully 1/3rd of the States population and territory revolted against richmond and efforts to reassert state control in the west failed leading to the creation of West Virginia.

Same could be said of western maryland. Its the rural v. Urban split though. Its kinda like dixie in the sense that its guns N jesus. But then southern colorado is also "kinda like dixie".

South louisiana needs a dashed blue and grey lines. But other than that not bad. Though Texas (expecially east texas could have dashed grey lines)

Guess it really depends on how detailed you want to get.

What part of Middle Earth is this?

don't lump AZ and NM with Commie-fornia those american hating faggots

> This looks about right to me.

Your map more or less reflects historical US territories.

There's a reason the mid-Atlantic category exists. In any case, Virginia is split between Dixie, Appalachia, Tidewater/Coastal, and NoVa/suburbs

>Twin Cities = New Mogadishu
>Rest of MN = New Sweden

We're a mix between Dixie and Yankee.

This actually isnt all that bad, but the pacific northwest is culturally distinct from California. Drop CA in with CA/SW and you're closer to the mark.

I read an interesting article on American culture once positing something similar to this, lemme see if I can find it.

Found it: washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2013/11/08/which-of-the-11-american-nations-do-you-live-in/

It should be taken with a grain of salt, and it focused on political culture, but some of the insights are spot on, and it largely agrees with my experience as somebody who has done a fair bit of traveling around the US.

Fucking stupid. You fucked up the whole west.

Posting better version.

>colorado
YES

SoMD (St Mary's, Calvert) is Dixie as hell. North and West is Yank. Tipping point is around Annapolis.

>French America

i kek'd

Southern IL here, we have St. Louis culture

it's kinda funny since New Sweden was a swedish colony in Delaware

>Any part of Texas
>Appalachia
how fucking stupid can you be

It literally is though. In people, traditions and mannerisms.

East Texas and hill country are pretty nice. West Texas is akin to one of the lower levels of Dantes hell

Arizona or Montana.

I got lazy moving further outwest, but basically cultures align more-or-less like this

>Who are the Scotch-Irish?

Came here to post this.

>New Mexico, Colorado and Arizona with california

negroes that are well behaved. how many southern amercan cities do you see where the niggers riot and destroy their city? i'll wait. it's because they know their place, and they know if they chimp out too hard there will be a gang of 1000 good ol' boys with guns coming to SHUT THAT SHIT DOWN. Make no mistake, the black man in the south is still very afraid of the white man. That is counter to what it's like in the rest of the country.

>all states are overrun with beaners
>all states have too many liberals to kick them out
>all right wingers move to Dixie or Great Plains

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Sweden_Township,_Nicollet_County,_Minnesota
You were saying?

Why are wisconsin and Michigan always grouped with Northeastern States

t. bewildered and upset NY

>overrun with beaners
>move to Dixie
I'll take mexicans over niggers

Texas

This is true. I have visited Dallas. It is like heaven.

Ya. Tampa is way more Dixie than Cuban but thanks for trying. Also Cubans are pretty fucking great when compared to blacks and even Mexicans.

ohio is not all the same region.

This map is fucking retarded