Purely from the legal and economic standpoints, who is right?

Purely from the legal and economic standpoints, who is right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R_FQU4KzN7A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Potion seller on both points. He has the right to deny service. Especially if serving that someone can have negative effects on his business in the long-run.

NEVER TRUST AN ELF

Why didn't the knight just buy a weaker potion?

The traveller. He knew what would happen if he drank the potion, so he had every right to buy it.

He was going into battle!

Potion Seller has the right to deny service to anyone.

In a Libertarian world, the potion seller could claim they would kill a dragon when he is actually just selling water.

Okay. Then let's add the moral argument. The traveler was going into battle, and without the strongest potion in the land, he would surely perish. How can the potion seller deny him a service when he was going into battle, likely trying to save the potion seller.

And the potion seller never gave a clear argument on why the traveler wasn't strong enough.

I don't know what the fuck this meme is
Someone care to explain?
Im sorry Im not a turbo nerd

youtube.com/watch?v=R_FQU4KzN7A

But he can't handle these potions! THEY ARE TOO STRONG FOR HIM.

The potions would kill him, they were too powerful. The Potion Seller was a bit of a dick but if The Traveler had drank them he would have died anyways. The Potion Seller does tell him to go buy weaker potions elsewhere pretty early on.

HE NEEDS HIS STRONGEST POTIONS HE IS GOING INTO BATTLE!

> likely trying to save the potion seller.

Pure conjecture on your part. Still doesn't alter the fact that of the two, the potion seller has more at stake in whether or not to do business with the traveler.

Can't you keep this shit thread contained to Sup Forumsv you fucking autist?

His potions were strong enough to kill a beast, let alone a man. No point taking the potion if you're not even going to make it into battle.

>hurr I have to defend you from yourself xddd
Anyone who defends potion seller is a commie and needs to get his dirty hands off my freedoms. A man who can't poison himself is not truly free.

that
was
fucking
awful

Potion seller is a private individual. He's looking for himself by denying service, not the traveler.

You just don't get the patrician and subtle humour, user.

Newt Gingrich

If he truly looked for himself he would sell the potion, take the money and be done with the traveler. It wouldn't matter if the traveler was found dead later, potion seller would still get the money. By denying service he denied money, and by denying money he denied his business' future.

He's right, you know

It's another example of why we need laws to protect customers from racism and bigotry.

FREE MARKET BRO

So you think US bakers who deny service to homosexuals are Commies?

Because the potion seller's potions are only for the strongest beings he doesn't even sell weaker potions the knight needs to go to a seller that sells weaker potions because his potions are too strong

You damn right I do
Get out of my property cuckmmie bastard

i was on the knights side until he became emotional at the end, demonstrating his weakness. the potion seller was correct in refusing him

have you considered that him selling the potion to the knight would have been a waste of the potion?
i doubt the reason he refused him because he cares about his well being

>It wouldn't matter if the traveler was found dead later, potion seller would still get the money.

I advise you to never run your own business. It does matter. Reputation is HUGE in business. The seller, who himself deems the traveler unfit for potion-usage, goes ahead and sells anyway and the traveler dies, he could suffer dramatic repercussions in the future by way of people refusing to deal with him.
By the same measure, stockholders can sue their company for gross negligence on these grounds.

No, it'd be cyanide and he'd claim that the potion was simply too strong.
This way he can talk up a big game about his potions being SO STRONG that they kill even the mightiest warrior in the land and only godlike entities could possibly use them that everyone wants his potions because the dick game is ridiculous.
People die, he says they were weak, stronger people die, they were too weak too, becomes a famous potion seller and can sell weak shitty potions for a huge amount because they're made by a "master chemist".

If the potion was traced back to his business, however, it could very well result in a media shitstorm. The potion could very well be banned as a result of the incident, and the potion seller would most likely come under a ton of scrutiny which could adversely affect his business, whether it's deserved or not. Just look at all the bullshit in the US where anti-gunners are trying to make gun manufacturers, ammo manufacturers, and gun stores accountable for gun crime (and, of course, trying to ban guns in general).

The potion seller was being cautious, exercising his judgement, and looking out for his business in the long run, just like a gun store may refuse to sell a gun to someone who SEEMS suspicious or unfit, but may otherwise be able to pass a background check and all.

How much business does PS actually make? He seems to have some absurd metric for those who are fit to buy his product. They won't even work on beasts.

So who's his market? If he's not selling, how is he making a living? My guess is government subsidies. He should have his shop seized and he should be audited.

>Anonymous (ID: pPmCbtN9) 05/20/16(Fri)17:28:18 No.74596549▶

He's clearly an expert alchemist who only makes the strongest potions for the strongest men. Pretty boy knight probably just got some of his daddy's money for a potion.

It's like a rich douchebag going to a luxury car dealer, why would the car dealer sell the car knowing full well that the buyer would kill himself on it before the check cleared?

The potion seller is not responsible for the safety of his consumer's actions outside of reasonable negligence of the product's use. It's like when you see warning labels on a spray can "WARNING, DO NOT PUT THIS PRODUCT IN AN AREA EXCEEDING 170 DEGREES." As long as he obeys standardized safety disclosure when labeling, he is not responsible for the negligence of his customer.

He's got a reputation for making the best and strongest potions, so he can probably afford to let some little bitchboi knight's purchase slide. The man caters to fucking dragons for goodness sake. Given this business model it was a reasonable decision.

wow you are edgy as fuck

You must be 18 or older to post on Sup Forums.

Knights are suppose to be pure an uphold justice.

The potion seller only sold death in a bottle.

1. Potion seller had good intentions.
2. Potion seller didn't want lynched for giving a knight a poison to help him cheat battle.

Sorry that it wasn't Pewdiepie screaming and flailing while playing shitty flash games