>have a family christmas party (only immediate family) a couple years ago
>have music on speakers
>decide to play godspeed you! black emperor
>"what is this shit music?"

They were right

you were a patrician and you are now a pleb

>try to get everyone into harsh noise
>make a bandcamp where I dumped my shit

I haven't touched it in four years and now I'm trying to make a new, actually decent album to send that phase of my life off for good, wish me luck Sup Forums

>cringe
back to r/music

music relative?

>girl says she loves Sonic Youth
>get excited and ask her about the Sonic Nurse trilogy and stuff
>she doesnt know what im talking about
>dead silence for 3 minutes and she leaves

that's pretty much all, I never talk about music in public to avoid this kind of situations, I know people irl dotes not care about it that much as I do

>moo hates gybe now
feels good after all these years, they were always shit

>she doesn't know Sonic Nurse
>just give up on the conversation

She's clearly just a DDN fangirl, you didn't have to spurg out. Just talk about how great Teen Age Riot is and keep the gears movin'

Hating entire genres because of repressed embarassment of my past. Good thing I stopped that.

>girl wearing an unknown pleasures shirt (this is before I encountered Sup Forums or any sort of memes about the shirt)
>ask her whether she prefers Closer or UP and her favorite song on each
>she has no idea what I'm talking about, I have to point out that the shirt is Unknown Pleasures
>leave and see her and her friends pointing at me and laughing
>mfw

>17
>have qt anime gf irl a few years older than me
>i said "metal is for children" and expanded upon it for an entire night
>tfw she dumped my ass months later

i need to teach so i can teach meek boys how not to be fucking retarded

A while ago in uni a bunch of friends got together to drink and chill by a nearby beach. One of the girls in this group I had started to fall for pretty severely but I had no idea how to tell her without fucking up our friendship. At one point late in the night one of my friends started passing around his guitar so that we could all take turns playing some tunes, and as soon as it got into my hands my drunk self had an amazing idea.

I knew the girl liked NMH too since she had seen them live a few years back so I decided to play The King of Carrot Flowers 2&3 with a twist on the lyrics to let her know how I felt.

I really really wish I stopped playing when I caught the look on her face as I sang
>I LOOOOVE YOUUU VERONIIIICAAAAAAAAA

so you were a ricemixer?

OH BOY

Fucking yikes

>godspeed
>patrician
wew lad

>be me
>not massively autistic
>friends don't have complete garbage taste in music
>play music that i know they'll like or at least tolerate
>sometimes play weirder stuff around parents, gf and close friends
>if they give me shit for it i tell them to fuck off
Feeling is goode

this is a very embarrassing post, user

now THIS is a wew lad

>Sonic Nurse trilogy and stuff
Wtf is that?

hellllLLLLLoooooooOOOOOOOOO

I used to think pet sounds was shit.

I first heard it when I was 13 or 14 and my dad gave me a CD of it and to tell him what I thought - I listened to it and said it was boring and that I thought it sounded like a Disney movie.

He just said "that's too bad" with a bit of a sad face.

no fookin way

Played slap bass and thought it was good

>get the aux chord to put on music for people in shitty slave-like assembly job we work together in
>good rock music from a playlist I put together
>all is well for awhile
>make the mistake of tossing in too many whole albums without pruning anything experimental or uncompromisingly off-putting
>Queen's of the Stone Age's "I Was A Teenage Hand Model" comes on
>The last minute is just loud warbling radio noises and dudes talking through a cb
>everyone on the line is wtf'ing because they're old normies who usually listen to shit like pop country, bon jovi, hits like freebird, or are just crotchety and not into music
>The pitch is ear-piercing and my heart drops as I feel the mental judgment of 12 or so people thinking, "What the fuck is this shit?"
>walk very quickly to the speaker 100 ft away and go to next song of the shuffled playlist
>all is well for awhile
>Link Wray's "Climbin' a High Wall" comes on
>Realize how repetitive song is, suddenly feel how annoying it must feel to everyone who isn't into twangy guitar
>Song seems twice as long, as if I could feel time slowly and more strongly, and I bare a deep internal cringe for the entirety of it
>More or awesome songs for awhile I know these old hick-rock normies have never heard before, and stuff they were familiar with like the Animals, Jefforson Airplane, Janis Joplin, etc.
>Melvins' "Pearl Bomb" plays, featuring a loud annoying metronome of what sounds like wood blocks clacking for the entire song
>Again, induced panic, ran to change the song
>All is good for awhile again
>Type O Negative's cover of "Day Tripper" came on
>Forgot how long and slow the ending was when I added it to the list
>The last part "She's so heavy" is repetitive and takes forever, normally I love it but am extremely conscious of everything knowing that there are like 12 other co-workers trying to work with this playing
>End of shift a few of them told me it was awesome, but I could tell others were just tolerating it

Oh yeah

Nothing makes you hate the music you love like playing it at work.