s/fur

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/trash/1506126808099.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=AcXVVlqT1W4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

awesome series

Indeed it is Mer user.

Greetings Mer Alex.

Do most people shoot with both eyes open?

I do, I dont know if most do though.

Yay. Horsebutt here. In time for bread.

We're taught not to.

I usually aim with both eyes open since it helps with target acquisition (sometimes have to aim for a target in a separate lane). When I went to get the laser calibrated, my lieutenant whacked me for having both eyes open when looking through the optic.

I do it for the better situational awareness you have with both open.

Do you do night shoots?

Tracers?

Never played with tracers, dont shoot much at night.

Mm, yeah.

I have 80% accuracy in day shoots but put the lights out and I miss every other shot.

Mostly because I can't see the god damn target.

So I lost $200 like that.

Yeah, hard to see a target at any distance unless it's lit up. also hard to see your sights unless you have the tritium things.

The iron sights are fucking hopeless. They're worse than pistol sights. Have similar sight radius to a pistol with all the robustness of a bamboo skewer.

Only the scope and laser are worth using - And the scope is retarded because it doesn't light up.

And the laser is retarded because fuck lasers

"Jen, our reservations are for 7, and it's already 6:45."

"Just a few minutes. I have to put ten more rings in my snatch."

Nice paws, though.

Interesting.
I guess thats something the ar got right, I like the stock iron sights. you can even get a tritium front post.
Too bad they dont have an illuminated scope on yours.
One of my ars has a red dot sight with variable brightness for the dot.

I really don't think the SAR has any merits as a combat weapon. As a conscript gun yes since it's insanely easy to take apart and clean, but usability-wise it's absolutely horrendous.

It's stupid difficult to use while prone due to it being a bullpup, yet we are trained to always shoot prone when in open terrain.
In urban fighting we are told to use the iron sights which don't fucking work.

The only real merit is the laser but even that is fucked up because it's mounted horizontally AND vertically offset from the trajectory of fire, so it's only useful at a very specific range which it's calibrated to.

Depth perception.

shooting looks and sounds like fun.

Doesn't matter when you're shooting an ideal target in an enclosed room at a very known range, does it?

It's fun until someone threatens to take away $200 from you if you don't get 75% accuracy on your first time shooting a gun in a year.

No box magazine fed rifle is easy to shoot prone. An ar with a 20 round mag isnt too bad I guess.

I wonder how I'd perform with a straight-pull bolt internal magazine, like a Ross.

With optic.

please convince me to not be a faggot and join the training

No idea.
I do like my nugget.

i like guns with weird mags like a DP-28.

or weird mags that go with guns i own.

for example i REALLY want one of these north koran AK mags.

yay thread

also anyone know where this 3d model came from
i.4cdn.org/trash/1506126808099.webm
apparently google image search doesn't support webms

awful quiet in here

Does a boltaction take less force to charge compared with a (semi)-auto?

Considering there's no spring behind the bolt carrier fighting you.

depends on the rifle.
Some are easier, some are more difficult.
rotating the bolt to unlock is often more difficult, sliding it to the rear is easy, forward is a bit harder as you strip the next round from the magazine, locking the bolt is more difficult.
Mosins are especially temperamental. I usually hit the bolt handle upward to unlock it on mine. you cant really finesse it.

Is that just a matter of weapon maintenance, or is each gun intrinsically just different?

FIRE BY RANK!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=AcXVVlqT1W4

it's mostly design speciffic, If youre carefull you can polish the chamber on the mosin so it's not as sticky. You have to be careful not to enlarge it though as it still needs to have a good seal with the shell case. Pluss, after firing , shell cases expand

against the chamber wall.

I used to love shooting my mosin, but I dont use it much any more now that cheap ammo is impossible to get.
It's cheaper now to shoot my ar.

mfw the thread becomes /k/ but I sold my gun a while ago