Be American

>be American
>Design stealth ship
>Make ship 20 stories high

Is this what affirmative action is doing to our navy?

Other urls found in this thread:

defensetech.org/2016/04/11/navys-futuristic-destroyer-is-apparently-too-stealthy/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are they supposed to design ships for function, or to please your sense of aesthetics?

Everything that goes out of style eventually goes back in style

>We civil war now

this is like the downie retard of the navy

Tell me how the fuck that ship is stealth? You could see that shit from 20 miles at sea.

OMG. Pls be bait

radar bounces off it at an angle instead of straight back to the radar receiver

Have you ever been at sea?

>all modern naval sensory apparatus is purely visual

Implying the enemy will get close enough to see it.

What about satellite imaging.

I can guarantee that ship will see you and assess whether or not to destroy you long before you ever know it's there.

>how are stealth bombers stealth, they're black and the sky is white and blue: it stands out???

Its meant to be stealthed from the radars and shit not from the naked eye and its fucking 20 stories high so it doesnt sink in the fucking ocean during a storm you twat

Are fucking dense? You can still spot ships at sea without radar.

if war actually happened between two nations that both had satellites, you better believe that every single satellite is going to be shot down day 1

>be American
>make stealth plane
>make it huge and black and fly it in a blue sky
OMG AMERICANTS ARE SO DUMB
You can see it from the ground, how is that even stealth

The image rays also bounce off it at an angle. So if you do manage to get a picture of it, it just looks like a satellite has fallen in the ocean.

That's not the point, if you can't detect them but they can detect you then they can fire at you before you even see them.

WE

>implying it is anything but a glorified gunboat

WUZ

>Be on land or small boat
>See gigantic fucking 20 story ship approaching
>Alert defense
>Nuke ship from orbit

How fucking dense are you. This fucking shit isn't stealth.

the last thing they expect is a stealth ship that isn't stealthy. it'll catch them completely off their guard and kaput

Sounds like you're making shit up.

what are those "image rays" you're talking about?
You mean photons?
I don't think your country has developed optic camouflaging just yet, much less implemented it.

You're the fucking dense one, with radar you detect targets before visual sight, so they can shoot you out of visual range.

Yeah man. I think it's probably best to just eyeball it and lob shit towards it. Radar guided weaponry is a meme anyways.

Have you ever been at sea?

Yeah, because modern vessels engage at visual range...

>XIX century long hat faggots

>Chile thinks I'm going to explain how image rays work to him.

Maybe when your country actually has a navy you'll understand.

Looks good to me, faggot
>implying affirmative action people will go into something hard like engineering ships and not just HR

thats not how light works

1488 wasted on a fucking anecdotal landlubbing faggot

The point is that radars cannot detect it as easily

Justified cuz spirits look so fucking cool

>implying it isn't
>implying most armoured vehicles don't carry jammer tech.

Tbh I think we're eventually gonna move out onto more advanced fire and forget targeting systems.

Mate I'm pretty sure the FUCKING US MILITARY knows best

we got some new shit also now..gotta re arm now nato is gonna collapse

argies BTFO

I love drunk pol.

>Israel is now the authority on image ray physics
Top fucking kek. Maybe you should focus on getting an actual navy. Then we can talk.

>The image rays also bounce off it at an angle. So if you do manage to get a picture of it, it just looks like a satellite has fallen in the ocean.

don't be so stupid now.

You're so full of shit, kek.

The point of stealth is to not be seen. I'm pretty sure you can see a 20 story ship from thousands of miles away.

>the plane is larger than the others, not very stealthy is it now

Curvature of the earth nigger

Well???

>ski ramp
>modern carrier
pick one

Kek

Only with our help Brit friend.

You were getting your asses handed to you until Operation Condor.

The ship is so stealthy it constantly announces its presence to allys while in nato waters so it doesn't get shot at by accident.

pussy, cant even come back with a proper argument.

you know why radar are being places as high as possible. the radar can actually "detect" objects before the other ship can detect them (in case the other ship radar is not on the top of the mast)

what, are they supposed to make it transparent? or all-blue?

>What is Earth's curvature.

I suspect that you're a nigger because you've never been to sea.
Definitely.

Blue would be kinda radical.

I actually had a little difficulty seeing it first. OP is dicks

INVISIBLE

If it is stealthy, then how could it get shot by accident?

This shit used to be good camo against sub periscopes. Broke up the ship's shape and made it hard to tell from the horizon.

dazzle.

Nope.
This was camo against coincidence range finders (they determine range by aligning two separate sight pictures into one).

Its so pretty.. ace combat electrosphere shit there

whats wrong with skiramps anyway

defensetech.org/2016/04/11/navys-futuristic-destroyer-is-apparently-too-stealthy/

>anglos can't into makings of ships for shit
but yeah I'm impressed, I would love to see how it is on rough sea.

>also watch out russia
>dats OUR fish
pic related our small class stealth hunters

Notice dat pol, dat's a river. We like those war related boats going up rivers always have

Someone has never been on the ocean.

It doesn't matter how tall or short they build it, you can easily see another ship on the horizon. The point is that it's rendered invisible to radar, which means other ships can't detect it until it's 20 miles out or so (which is the sightline limit to the horizon), at which point it's close enough to kill you.

Warships are not like tanks, they can kill you from 10 miles away, even back in the 40's they could do that.

>cuck ramps

loving every laugh

Didn't realize there were so many engineers specializing in stealth technology on this board.

Stealth =/= invisible. In fact, even commercial radars installed on fishing boats can see this ship. Instead, stealth make warship with size of WWII battleship look like fishing boat on the enemy radars.

I could take that out with a fucking spud launcher and a rubber band, mate

Get that shit out of here, the big boys are talking

The argument is the U.S. Carrier on the left of the picture, I believe.

>The U.S. Navy’s new Zumwalt-class guided missile destroyer (DDG 1000) is so covert that during normal peacetime operations its crew plan to sail with giant reflectors — reflective cylinders hoisted in the air — to ensure other ships can see it.

Remembered it wrong, sort of.

Why are ramps bad? Is it just a macho dick-waving thing or is there actually something wrong with them?

Damn, we gotta get one of those to start our Sup Forumsony

don't even need to row this time. You won't even see us, no need for tjald either. Pic related

>Stealing Chinese technology

Ramps are fucking fun

"Roclex" counterfeit watches and ramps are disdained for the same reason:
They are cheap shit.

They were just a terrible idea from the beginning. The idea was if the adversary shot a missile at you while you were running away, it would skid across the deck and up off the ramp. It's only ever worked in exercises and newer missiles will explode when they reach a certain distance anyways.

Interesting. I never would have considered that. I assumed it was to give planes some extra lift as insurance against crashing into the ocean on take-off.

Bro are you fucking dumb? With the 20 stories extra it makes a huge fucking target as well. You might as well paint a giant bullseye on it. It doesn't fucking protect you from the air retard. There's something called planes look it up you mud nigger.

The huge tower houses the huge radar so it can shoot down planes and missiles.

We have submarines to hide below the water. Can a submarine shoot down an aircraft?

doesn't matter

anyone or anything that can see that thing is in range of its railgun

so full of shit, maybe if the hull was chromed over, otherwise light will scatter in all directions

That's because your in Britain and no guns allowed

I want to kick you in the balls for posting this.

Right. All directions except the direction of the satellite.

You are a fucking retard. Subs can launch missiles. Ever heard of nukes?

I think you should get off the village computer paco

I feel like yes, but I dont know.

"No, Captain Highliner"

please tell me you are just baiting in this thread?
or you realy are underaged

I bet you think stealth aircraft supposed to be invisible

>tfw they shot one down in serbia because some CO had the brilliant idea to fly it in formation
The craft protects you from radar, but it won't protect you from american leadership

You fucking idiot. The ramps are so the planes have a boost when they are taking off because the carrier is smaller and doesnt have as much room.