Japan visa/emigration

I'm FINALLY about to hit my personal goal of $5000

holy SHIT.

I have been relentlessly saving money since October 2014. I picked up 2 jobs and have been murdering myself for the past almost 2 years to save up this money.

This is enough money for a 14 day vacation to Japan.

But, here's the big decision I like to call "reality". The reality is, if i go and spend this 5 grand for my 14 day venture, i'll come home and probably not save up $5000 again. It probably won't occur. This is what might actually be a literal "once in a lifetime chance".

if i wanted to actually move and live in japan, is there anything better i should be saving money for? Any work programs or student visa programs I should know about?

I know the bachelor's degree "requirement" for Japan and I still think it's complete horse shit, but I want to know if there are better options I should be saving money for.

Is there anyone in Japan on Sup Forums possibly? Someone that took a similar journey to me, but further along?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vv_V6usTYGI
youtube.com/watch?v=w3pxkmKi8Ic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>I have been relentlessly saving money since October 2014. I picked up 2 jobs and have been murdering myself for the past almost 2 years to save up this money.
>This is enough money for a 14 day vacation to Japan.

why

>it took him 2 years to save 5k
I worked part-time at a supermarket for a summer and made as much, get your shit together OP. Do you not have a HS diploma or something?

excuse me, we are fucking full.

Go to the korea instead.

thank you. bye

Fucking weeb

Yes, i have thought deeply about the "2 years of suffering for 14 days of happiness" tradeoff many times.

I only decided on a vacation first because people kept saying "Take a vacation before you decide you want to live there first baka" not knowing the "reality" of the situation.

Would you come back from that 14 days, be back to $500~$1000 and think to yourself "okay that was fun i decided i want to live there. LETS SAVE MONEY AGAIN BUT THIS TIME EVEN MORE OF IT"

I think, if I can keep myself committed to this dream and goal for 2 years, that's enough to prove that it's something I actually want. And so while I finally have money to start with, I can actualy use this money to get started on my dream somehow. But I don't really know where to start.

Women have it easy. They can just marry a random guy, get a free house, and never have to worry about getting a job.

You sound like an idiotic weeb. Go and don't come back.

Do not do it. I have been all over the world and was let down by all but a few places. Japan is shit. At least half of the places you want to go will have someone tell you "no gaijin" and make an X with their fingers to tell you they don't want you there. The people are rude as fuck too. If you think you are going to go and see some ancient mystical culture, you're gonna have a bad time. Also, you know how crowded the place is I assume. Well, one thing that happens all of the time that I wasn't ready for was the fucking poking. Yeah, when you are in line or a crowded place, people will relentlessly poke you in the back to try to get you to move a bit.

I couldn't wait to get out of that shithole. If I'm gonna be honest though, you shouldn't have any trouble getting some girls there. Not worth blowing $5000 on though.

Are you really fleeing America when it's make or break time? Trump and Clinton are neck-and-neck and you want to pack it in and move to animeland? Are you fucking serious?

THE GOD EMPORER NEEDS YOU! STOP BEING A FUCKING WEEB AND MAGA! BESIDES, YOU'RE AN AMERICAN IN JAPAN AND PEOPLE WILL GIVE YOU SHIT.

Fucking hell, don't be a fag OP.

Exactly. Plus Korean women are hotter anyways.

$5,000 is way more than you need for 14 days in Japan. Whatare you staying in, hotels? $3,500 is enough for 14 days if you stay in nice hostels

>wasting 5k in a shitty weeb infested island
sure why not

youtube.com/watch?v=vv_V6usTYGI

This video is how to get a Japanese citizenship.

Another boring Sup Forums user wants to teach English. Epik.

You're in the wrong line of work. Learn bartending or be a barback while going to school and make 100-300 night. You'll save up money no problem and learn how to make cash wherever you go.

Japan is better than US.

I have a HS diploma.

The problem is my father and mother both died suddenly and this sent my house into chaos and I had to quickly pick up whatever job I could find just to survive.

My monthly rent is $300 at my house right now. I work minimum wage.

I've CONSIDERED the military. I'm 24 years old and I know the Navy is a fantastic option--you can even be stationed in Japan.

But the armed services is its own hell where you sign away your own youth and any hopes of having a social life until you're an old geezer that can no longer hope to achieve one.

>$5000
>This is enough money for a 14 day vacation to Japan.
>2 years to save up this money.
Are you mentally ill?

>I've CONSIDERED the military. I'm 24 years old and I know the Navy is a fantastic option--you can even be stationed in Japan.

lol

he's a weeb, so....
yes.

I I were him I would prefer selling drugs N shiet in Japan, that would be funny also do your country have problem with synthetic drugs?

>Another boring Sup Forums user wants to teach English. Epik.

WRONG

I hate being a teacher. I'm not going to Japan to teach English. Fuck that shit.

Wtf are you working a maximum of 10 hours a week with both jobs at below minimum wage and not doing tax returns. Holy shit. I barely worked last year with my highest wage being 14.95 and got at least 3000$ back in tax returns.

And that's with 4 months of not working out of that year.
Shit son.

I think you're going to be very disappointed by Japan mate

Enjoy jail.

Okay, what job do you expect to have if you move here?

If you were realistic about Japan and just interested in the culture you wouldn't want to live there so much.

As your views are pretty unrealistic you yourself will quickly come to that conclusion and become unhappy about your decision. Honestly while the culture might be different it is not going to be better, nicer or more endurable than western culture is. Take off the weeb lenses

>Okay, what job do you expect to have if you move here?
Base CO

>Enjoy jail.
>Japan jail vs Russian jail
You mean I would really ENJOY it?

Can you even speak the language? If not then spend the money on a language course.

>selling drugs n shiet

fucking hell m8 that's a fire way to make some paper, if you know what you're doing then the fuzz won't find out.

youtube.com/watch?v=w3pxkmKi8Ic

Well, to become a citizen you have to give up your US citizenship. Also, you have to live there for five years. You don't sound anywhere near being able to pull that off. If you work for minimum wage here, there is zero opportunity for you there. Face reality and use that money wisely to better yourself and move up a little. Your dream just isn't possible right now.

I'm pretty sure expecting major plot twist to occur on his last day in Japan where he suddenly because an hero and has to rescue some damsel in distress and all his financial problems go away and then he lives happily ever after in an anime reality in Japan.

It took you two years to save 5000$

What the fuck are you actually mexican?

That's a fucking reasonable advice, but OP is delusional fag

It took me 2 years to pay my 1 year student loan and waste 10k loonies in Japan, how the fuck did you only get 5k in the same period of time?

>3% more free time

I don't know anything about Russian drug laws. Would possession of marijuana land you in prison in Russia?

Japanese prisons aren't at all relaxed though, they are run like some kind of military boot camp. No violence though.

>synthetic drugs
Is not really drugs if you catching mah drift

Japan is not what you see in cartoons.
For a visit? Oh yes! Very interesting country, culture and society.
But to even think about working or living there is dumb as fuck. But well, you're probably a dumb weeb.

I'm not even going to read other replies and neither should you. Just heed this advice: save that fucking money. Get a better job that yields more money for less work, cut all your expenses as much as feasibly possible. Keep saving til 20k, invest in land oil or metal depending on where you live. Keep doing this til you're 55 then hopefully you're eligible for retirement, travel ad infinitum

Nigger you dont need 5000 dollars to go to Japan. You can do it for less than half.

Are you living your weeaboo fantasy, Marine-kun?

>we

baka gaijin stfu

I'm not American or in the military.

>Okay, what job do you expect to have if you move here?

I'll be fine with a restaraunt job. The current job I work at in America has a branch in Japan but first i'm going to set my sights on another occupation.

My absolute dream dream job is working at an airport. Fuck yeah. I would totally work overnight shifts in Tokyo monitoring the airplanes on the radar. Sign me the fuck up

I'm not really looking for deep customer interaction which is something I think will work to my benefit in that future.

Also I saved 200 dollars this week working a minimum wage job with tips. At that rate I'll have 10k in a year. I work 30 hours a week. I also live alone and spend almost 1000 a month on all bills. What the fuck is wrong with you op

>Japanese prisons aren't at all relaxed though, they are run like some kind of military boot camp.
> No violence though.
In Russia that's called summer camps, popular among children
>Would possession of marijuana land you in prison in Russia?
>Selling may jay
Nope, not gonna happen not worthy.
If you have money or connections, or don't show off you wouldn't get into prison.
I've nown bunch off low-class dillers and they seems fine enough for me.

>%92.93 less likely to be in prison
lmao

a. You need to be fluent in Japanese
b. You need to get someone to sponsor you and grant you a working Visa and you have to make them hire you over a native Japanese.

Why am I hiring you over a teenager to work at my restaurant?

Well, that's what I meant then. It sounds like you'll get sent to prison for way less than it would take in Russia.

>
My absolute dream dream job is working at an airport. Fuck yeah. I would totally work overnight shifts in Tokyo monitoring the airplanes on the radar. Sign me the fuck up
R u high? You would need to properly speak and had a fuck load responsibilities no one gonna have gaijin on this.

Kill yourself, davido-kun

Are you living your weeaboo fantasy, user-kun?

Damn bro, that sucks. Here's some milf pussy to cheer you up.

>It sounds like you'll get sent to prison for way less than it would take in Russia.
That's why I was speaking about synthetic drugs.

wew thats exactly how it is in polan, maybe were not so different after all

>a job in a restaurant
if you are a gaijin (and i assume you are) your chances of getting a job there is near to 0. They will always employ natives first. It's not even racist, it's common sense. You need to have something VERY special they are looking for. Do you have it? Same for the job in the airport. Do you have something special a jap can't have?

Lol. Just how out of touch with reality are you?

My life isn't very weeby but if living in Japan counts then yes.

how much tentacle sex do you have on a daily basis?

We are basically the same in the most parts

Fucking weeaboo spend it one some rope

>a. You need to be fluent in Japanese
>b. You need to get someone to sponsor you and grant you a working Visa and you have to make them hire you over a native Japanese.
>Why am I hiring you over a teenager to work at my restaurant?

Yeah. I know about the sponsoring. America actually requires sponsors too, but it's not as asinine as Japan.

You need a certificate of eligibility, a bachelor's degree for a work visa, a sponsor, and some sort of skill.

However, I already have 2 years of experience working at a restaraunt in America, you're telling me you would hire a native with no experience over the guy with years of experience in the profession?

Your post is inspiring me to do a little more in my current job. Perhaps I should try learning bartending in addition to my current role.

>part time at supermarket for 2-3 months
>5k

Lmao you couldn't be more full of shit.

I hope you find happiness one way or another user. Maybe if you set yourself on a journey of self-improvement you'll find whatever it is that you're looking for without moving to Nipland.

>However, I already have 2 years of experience working at a restaraunt in America, you're telling me you would hire a native with no experience over the guy with years of experience in the profession?

I can't tell if you're serious or not. Working in a restaurant isn't some high skill professional industry. If you were some high level chef arguably then yes but you only said 2 years. Of doing what, line cook? Waiting tables? 100% people would hire a random native instead of you.

And not just in Japan, in every country. You think the restaurants you go to are sponsoring people from abroad to work in a restaurant?

Do you think they don't have japs with experience there already? What do you think Japan is, Vietnam? They are a lot of prepared people there.
Just give up, go there on vacation instead. You'll have much more fun this way, I promise.

lel no, unqualified work won't get you a work visa in any country. getting you a work visa is a pain in the ass for your employer because he has to sponsor you and pay way more tax. to get one, you need to be an extremely qualified candidate of the kind they can't find in their own country. this is how it works literally everywhere unless you're a syrian refugee. i'm always laughing at american shows that have these "i job around the world" characters

HELLO.

Here is a handy dandy chart showing the cost of living in America

See pic related.

I live in massachussets, notice how it's almost near the top?

I was in the navy in Japan.

The navy fucking sucks and you're treated like a slave all the time, you work shitty hours and have to put up with never-ending micromanagement and retards for officers.

Japanese don't want our presence and neither does the world. Joining the military isn't some fucking world adventure, you better imagine your guts flying everywhere before joining.

>2 years experience
>inspiring me to do a little more
>learn bartending

Aim for the stars OP

>it takes almost two years to save $5000 with two jobs in america

RAISE THE MINIMUM WAGE

How do you say "I'm glad we bombed you" in moonspeak?

>Japanese don't want our presence and neither does the world.
Nobody likes to see military, in general, anywhere. They are scum, buddy. Maybe not you, but majority are.

You're willing to spend 2 years slaving away with 2 jobs to scrape enough money for a 14 day holiday?

It's not that much of a weeb wonderland mate. It's fucking dire and miserable in a lot of ways.

The best way in is as an assistant language teacher, and you need a degree for that and they have programs like JET (look it up).

Seriously though, English teacher is the best way in.

You'd be better off going to college and trying that if you're that determined to go to Japan.

But I'm telling you now, do your research about that country, and for fuck sake, don't look at it through anime goggles because all it will do is hurt like hell when you're twatted across the head by the sledgehammer which is reality.

>fucking chinks, spics and niggs flooding my country and trying to destroy our culture and the very essence of AMURICAA
>I better move to Japan

Australia bombed no one, tell your American friend to ask me themselves.

Fucking this.
I was also like OP once until I made a research.
Went there for vacations and saw a lot of things that i liked, but also a lot of things that made me know I couldn't live or work there.
Also, it helps to watch some unbiased documentaries about "true" life of the "normal" people in Japan. It sucks balls. They literally live in boxes and Slavery at work. Yes, even worse than here.

Can't tell if trolling or actually retarded

>English teacher
>Assistant language teacher
are people not ashamed by this?

weebs need to hang themselves

Isn't that just the life of Tokyo though?

There are more rural parts of Japan with less competition in the job market. Okinawa comes to mind.

I hate the city anyway. I love the silence of the Boondocks in America, i don't fucking need to live in a city.

I only said my dream job was an airport in Tokyo because the tokyo airport is like the only international airport in Japan, but that's just a dream job. I'd be comfortable finding a job in a less crowded place.

I wonder how the job market in Kyoto looks these days

That's all I've to add to this thread.

Yeah It's worth researching just because of how many misconceptions there are about it.

I did all my research when I was in uni and got offered a JET leaflet and I quickly realized it really isn't what weebs think it is.

Yeah there's some YT videos about salarymen suicides and temp workers who have to live in internet cafes.

It's a complete contrast to the weeb youtubers who make happy happy videos.

There is one guy though called Ryan Boundless who used to upload more pessimistic videos, which was hilarious because he looked like he was gradually getting more and more suicidal.

Somebody should just make a video of the day in the life of a salaryman and see how many weebs still want to go.

Problem with weebs though, they don't want to listen to reason. They need their fantasy to be real.

>There are more rural parts of Japan with less competition in the job market
You would be considered human trash there, more or less like mexican in Texas.

We as in the allies you dirty dumb proxy using scum.

You're a fucking loser, OP.

i hear their women are so easy, just speak english to them and they think you a wizard.

I'm sorry OP, but japen law requieres paying much higher minum wage for immigrants. It's not a problem if you're an engineer or some other hight-paying profession, but it means you will never be hired for a restaurant or other low level job.

i live in the most expensive city in the world basically and manage to save 3k a month

you do sound autistic though so you are probably in some shit job

no, it's not even that. it's a money/legal issue
work visas for unqualified jobs just aren't a thing, but op is likely a bored troll anyway

Apparently not.

Thing is ALTs and English teachers get paid piss. I mean it's really not a good deal at all. And increasingly there are more and more stories of them being fucked over by their employers, because they're expendable as hell. Anyway native English speaker with a degree can do it, the Japanese know that, so they're utterly replaceable.

But weebs will stampede there to see manga cafes or nerd districts and whatever the hell else they think they need in their life.

>It sucks balls. They literally live in boxes and Slavery at work. Yes, even worse than here.

Bitch, i've been walking to work back and forth every day. I get 13 hour shifts multiple times a week. It takes me 90 minutes to wak to work, and 90 minutes to walk back.

I refuse to buy a car, and I refuse to even buy a new bike. I starve myself and drink water and eat bread to save money.

I've been killing myself to save this money.

I'm fully prepared to take it a step further in Japan. I'm determined, and I -will- find a place to belong. Maybe it'll be the japanese equivalent to Louisana, but i'll find a way to make it work.

But first, i need, NEED to find out what my true "first" step is. Do I apply for a student visa and take a loan to work in japan? I mean, it's impossible to get a japanese work visa in Japan unless you have a bachelor's degree or 10 years work experience, right?

Literally the only workaround is to get married, if i remember correctly. Only a marriage to a native would let you bypass that requirement.

Move to Australia
As long as your willing to work and arnt going to Bludge on the doll you'll be fine

Lots of labouring jobs and resturant jobs in most large cities, as long as you speak English

You are one of the most naïve, ignorant posters I've ever seen on any message board, ever.

You ever asked yourself what the hell has happened in your life to feel that even in a country as vast as America, you feel the need to try and forsake it and fuck off across the Pacific ocean to a country which you will be even more isolated in?

Your true first step should be to look before you leap. Research. Look at youtubers who are in Japan right now, watch their content. Find books about contemporary Japan, forums etc.

Find out peoples experiences. Learn what it really means to be a foreigner in Japan.

The second step would be college education, because you sure as hell ain't getting in otherwise.

How do I move to the US bros, I'm sick of russia. I have 5500 us dollars saved up and will save up some more, but I can I somehow get there illegally since I don't have any proper qualifications that will get me a work in the us.

t. some piece of human garbage teaching english for a mere year before going back to his home country

Eww you mean the plastic nigger lovers?

Stay the fuck out of Japan and leave them alone you filthy nigger weeb

Why would want to go to such a shit hole? You could make much better use of that money then wasting it on a 14 day trip to gook island

options:
1) get married
2) green card lottery
3) be mexican and stay here illegally with no consequences

>Move to Australia

yeah m8 i'll move to australia when i'm ready to have kangaroos kick in my windshield like i'm fucking steve irwin m8. totally ready to wake up and see scorpions and black widows on my doorstep ready to kill me blimey what a great idea.

The problem with college education is...

I live in America.

Do you know how fucking INSANE college degrees cost in America?

I would L I T E R A L L Y have to move to Germany for 4 years because Germany is offering free $0 cost college education for Americans.

Well...that's fine. But then i'd have to learn German. When learning japanese is daunting as it is already. I mean, my grandfather is still alive and he served in hitler's army in ww2 i could probably ask him for advice but.

The way I see it, here are my options:.
*Join the navy and serve for 8 years. After 4 years of service you are allowed to attend a 4 year college but you'll still have to serve 4 more years off duty

*Leave America and get my bachelor's degree somewhere else

*Get a student visa and get a student loan in Japan. (doesn't this sound like an amazing idea???? what could go wrong)

*Get married to skip the college education requirement. This is a bad idea because you're making your marriage political. Doesn't sound like a good way to raise a family.
Is there some option here that IS NOT ON THIS LIST?