Anybody here visits a psychologist? I'm thinking about it because I'm unsure if I have slight autism or something else...

anybody here visits a psychologist? I'm thinking about it because I'm unsure if I have slight autism or something else. is a psychologist the best option for that? what are your experiences?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8kfGaVAXeMY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Psychologist here. how old are you? autism is difficult to detect as you get older

18, I kind of hate people (in a no-edgy way), I just don't like socializing, even though I can if needed. I get really anxious around alot of people I don't know. I don't come across like that though, people just think I'm relaxed

try drugs

fuck off fag.

to get diagnosed you want to see a psychiatrist.

Social anxiety and autism don't necessarily go hand in hand. You may just be introverted.

What matters is whether the anxiety you feel around other people is distressing you in general. If so, then a psychologist may be able to help.

If you're happy keeping to yourself - I wouldn't worry about it. There's nothing wrong with being introverted.

I smoke weed/hash. hash helps me calm down / fall to sleep. weed makes me feel good sometimes but most of the time I become paranoid, anxious and uncomfortable

No, see a psychiatrist if you want a prescription.

sounds like anxiety too maybe? Id def talk to a psychologist and or counsellor

Mushrooms?

go to psychologist. they will tell you how to deal with your problems
go to pychiatrist to know what problems you have and take medication
try drugs to see the world from a different perspective

Speciality?

yeah that's why I'm unsure about the autism. I always like people around me are looking at me judging me whatever for some paranoid reason. it makes me really anxious. I don't have it with friends though.

I am a psychologist, but yeah id probably go see one if i had to. A good psych will make you feel comfortable. CBT is probably what you are gonna see most. Why are you goin to see the psych?

there is nothing wrong with being introverted, but if you feel uncomfortable around other people its probably something you should work on. i used to get really anxious meeting new people and being in social situations, but i got over it through the years by forcing myself to be social and talk to people i dont know. now i do just fine in social situations, but im still introverted.

I always FEEL like the people around me**

That's not atypical for weed.

Psychedelics are not a wonder cure for anxiety. He'd need to do a lot of research and preparation before trying mushrooms.

yeah, and if you need to get diagnosed. psychologists are just for if you need someone to talk to basically.

wouldn't wanna try shrooms. have never tried anything other than weed/hash and don't intend to. hash is absolutely perfect for me. also a girl in my city once jumped off a building when she was on shroom because she thought she could fly. maybe that was just because she was a retarded tourist though

I'm talking to a psychiatrist right now but nothing he's giving me seems to be working. I'm gonna see a psychologist/therapist too but I think I'm beyond the help of words and not even meds are helping. I'm beginning to think I'm not fixable. I really don't want to live like this.

That sounds like mild social anxiety which is completely normal.

It is definitely something he (you) can work on and should if, like I said, it is causing you general distress. Just keep in mind that it is completely natural to feel this way.

It only becomes pathological if the anxiety say, prevents you from leaving your house.

Are you a confident person OP? Tried fight sports or lifting?

Treatment resistant depression? Now you have a case for mushrooms. Remember, before you walk the psychedelic path - DO YOUR RESEARCH.

Definitely a retarded tourist but that's fine. Stick with weed and hash.

it gets me to the point where I feel pain in my stomach because of it and I want to go home asap. I also have stress-related eczema all my life and this doesn't help. I always try to cover up my hands cuz of eczema en my face cuz of muh anxiety.

damn Sup Forumsro, what's your issue?

I actually feel kind of confident yet anxious (as explained in other posts) at the same time. I have been lifting for about 8 months now and look/feel physically good. have always been into sports and never been an outcast, people usually like me but I never want to meet new people.

Somatic complaints are normal in stressful situations. A psychologist could definitely help you learn to manage your anxiety and relieve those symptoms.

This is also good advice. Sports can help with confidence, and exercise in general is great for confidence, feeling good generally and alleviating stress. It's a cliche for a reason.

>There's nothing wrong with being introverted.
yeah. lovin'it

kek

Society wants you to believe you "have" something, because it's easier for you. Once you "have" something declared by a doctor, everything is easier because it's not your fault anymore.

But truth is, deal with it, go outside, live life, and stay away from this shit.

kids, but Im well rounded in other areas

kek shut up faggot.

Had serious anger issues, was drunk one night beat the shit out a total stranger
proceeded to punch a cop upon being arrested. Corrective
Services suggested i see a psych for anger issues and it's
been the greatest thing for me. Completely back to the fun guy I was
if anything even more chill then how I use to be before the period
in my life where shit just hit the wall.

Agreed.

How do you justify your own existence OP? It sounds like you're a functioning and capable person.

what kind are you?

Psychiatrist, not psychologist. You don't have autism, you're fine. You just somehow want to be special in some way and think a diagnosis will change anything and give you an excuse for being a loser. You are not special. You're a loser.

top-tier

I just don't care about anything. I loath talking to people. Just going outside is exhausting for me and I hate it. My parents are worried about me they say I'm in my room all the time. They don't understand I'm just completely content just siting in my room. I'm getting bored with everything that used to make me content, not even happy, just what satisfied me enough to keep doing it. That's why I love video games and reading so much probably, they take me into a different world where I could be happy.

Most importantly I'm just so lazy and I don't know what to do about I'm started to melt down. I know its ruining my life but I just don't care enough to do anything about. I've got all the pep talks in the world they motivate me for maybe an hour then nothing. That's most emotions with. I feel them strongly for maybe an hour the m I suddenly don't care anymore. My life goal is to literally make enough money to sit and and do nothing. I keep telling myself ill change. I'll go for a jog tomorrow, wel tomorrow happens and nothing, same as always. No meds do anything for me anymore. I just don't know what I'm going to do.

Just receiving my undergraduates bachelors in science but im goin to grad school for counseling psychology. Have you taken the GRE?

This was meant for Sorry about that

same man, I enjoy being by myself. some days I sit behind my pc all night long and at 5 am I take a walk through the city all by myself. maybe 2 people outside besides me

On top of it I'm just a burden to society and I know it. I bring nothing to the table. I have no talents and I'm good at nothing. I'm 5'6, fat, unfit, and socially retarded. I want to die so bad but for some reason I have enough empathy to care about my family, suicide will wreck. I just want them to understand everything would be better this way. They love me so much I hate that I'm doing this to them. I wish they got someone better. They wanted to be so proud of me.

is there nothing that seems cool to do for you? for example I feel like shit being here with the same people around me all the time but I want to see different countries experiencing new things. that's what keeps me doing good.

I wish it was that enjoyable for me. Alone is all I can be. All I really want to do anymore I sleep. Sleeping is the closest thing I can be to death but course I have a huge unreasonable fear of death for some reason.

no I didn't have to.. whats route you thinking of?

200$/hour
Takes an average of 20 different psychologists before you find one you mesh with

If you're that lonely, a hooker would be cheaper

kek

Check out this video. It's not motivational or inspirational or anything like that, it's a chance.

youtube.com/watch?v=8kfGaVAXeMY

inspirational videos are normie propaganda, to achieve true success, one has to commit the ultimate scrifice. an hero

sad

Everybody has to

What do you mean by route?

I don't like people anyway

hmmm we could perhaps, trim your fat and make a hearty stew... 'tis very useful indeed

dont do it, these people will keep bringing up problems to make you feel bad you keep paying them. why would anyone pay to have someone not care about you and play with you? your problems are worth something dont give them some retard like that

not in my country they dont... I mean what field of psych are you thinking of going into?

>unsure if I have slight autism
everyone who comes here has autism

They probably have some other liscensing program in your country but the GRE is mostly required for people pursuing psych masters and PHD's.

In America most therapists use Cognitive/behavioral therapy (cbt) so probably behavioral. Although tbh id love to train in psychoanalysis and move to LA to psychoanalyze rich fucks and make good money laying around in comfy chairs

lol nice.. what got you into this n the first place? are you m or f?

I don't think I'm much of anything besides fat at this point.

Male.

Was good at giving advice and i was always kinda interested in psychology. Almost went to school for a business degree but i hit a point where i felt that business as a profession is unethical and id rather spend my life helping others than just taking their money