Still Ill [Hatful] > Still Ill [s/t]

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UjA7rcznPf8
youtube.com/watch?v=VcBUsaUunUw
youtube.com/watch?v=5nCJXow_H8Q
youtube.com/watch?v=veRK_UcAi9I&t=167s
youtube.com/watch?v=8ozkAQgiQXw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Although Still Ill is one of the songs where the difference between versions is the least flagrant, I am of the same opinion. The Hatful version is most definitely better produced and I really like that sick harmonica overdub in the intro and outro.

The only track where I'm on the fence whether I prefer the Hatful version or the s/t version is This Charming Man. The s/t version has the cool intro and the stop in the middle while the Hatful version is just super comfy. What are your thoughts?

Hard to choose. I think prefer the s/t version of Charming Man. It just has a bit more energy to it.

Still Ill from Hatful rules. Love the harmonica.

the guitar in the verse is a little more interesting in s/t, and the intro's great as you said. hatful version just has less in the verse. however the mixing is better, and this really shows in the chorus, and I also think the slower tempo works better for the chorus. you can hear every note so clearly, whereas it's kind of muddied on the album.

if s/t had been mixed by Troy Tate it would have been better.

Literally every song [Hatful] > Literally every song [s/t]

Reel Around The Fountain tho

Close but is right.

Hatful is easily their best album
the only song that is better on s/t is Reel Around the Fountain

youtube.com/watch?v=UjA7rcznPf8

a challenger approaches

And This Charming Man

nope This Charming Man is better on Hatful
youtube.com/watch?v=VcBUsaUunUw

Like said, the intro and the break were sorely missed. It was enough of a dealbreaker for me that I prefer the s/t version.

i disagree 100%
i prefer the hatful version, it gives a more laidback vibe

Best album is The Queen Is Dead
Best This Charming Man version is S/T

>For there are brighter sides to life and I should know because I've seen them, but not very often

Best lyric ever.

The harmonica sounds stupid and out of place. I also don't prefer it more slowed down.

The Hatful Of Hollow version of What Difference Does It Make? is better though.

I'm so used to Hatful of Hollow, those versions have become like the "official" versions in my mind.

I WOULD GO OUT TONIGHT, BUT I HAVEN'T GOT A STITCH TO WEAR

The harmonica is the selling point of that version imo.

More importantly, which is the definitive version of Hand In Glove?

Louder Than Bombs version has the cool fade in, but the vocals and lead guitar are noticeably weaker. Rawer sound overall.

s/t is faster and the guitar is more prominent, vocals are louder and clearer, generally more polished sound.

Hatful of Hollow version is the same as LTB I think?

Yep, the Hatful and the LTB versions are the same. They're the version that got released as a single before s/t came out.

On this one, I give the edge to the s/t version. I prefer the more prominent, less ethereal vocals as well as the "hard" intro and outro. Also, I find that the song isn't hurt (as much) by the bad production on s/t.

Hand in Glove sucks

Piss off.

It's clearly the worst track on s/t

every track is great

Some Tracks Are [Way] Better Than Others

Morrissey had a crush on Johnny

reminder that the original drummer left the band because of their "gay image"

kek
I remember some documentary where I think the bassist talked about his dad being super embarrassed at teh Hand In Glove artwork with the big muscular dude's ass

lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=5nCJXow_H8Q

post smiths kino

Shana11 months ago
But think about how fragile masculinity is even today? How often would you see two male bandmates dance with each other onstage like this in 2016, let alone in 1985? To me, The Smiths were legendary not only in their music, but through the way they combatted norms in terms of sexuality and gender.

kek

also, is andy roarke the best bass player of all time?

Imo best album is Meat Is Murder, but you're correct about This Charming Man.

I prefer the Hatful of Hollow version of Hand in Glove, in fact it's the only song on Hatful of Hollow that I prefer to the s/t version

he's very good. he didn't make any of the songs but i'm pretty he sure he come up with basslines to go with Marr's compositions on his own and he's very good at creating within that limitation

another favorite bassist of mine is Mike Mills, but it's not the bass, it's the backup vocals. his harmonies are too creative. also Marr and Buck are my favorite guitarists because they're the gods of jangles.

Most underrated Smiths song?

I'd say Rusholme Ruffians. I never see it getting talked about.

LISTEN HERE YOU PIECES OF SHIT
LISTENING TO MORRISSEY SPIT PHLEGM AT SOMEONE IN THE CROWD IS BETTER THAN s/t AND HATFUL

youtube.com/watch?v=veRK_UcAi9I&t=167s

nah, this Ask can't compete with the triple layered guitars on the studio version.
youtube.com/watch?v=8ozkAQgiQXw

Money Changes Everything

BY THE BIG WHEEL
GENERATOR