In the Spanish-speaking world, people are taught that North and South America are a single continent

>In the Spanish-speaking world, people are taught that North and South America are a single continent
Why? The land bridge connecting Africa to Asia is larger. Is all of Africa, Asia, and Europe one continent as well?

>con·ti·nent
>ˈkänt(ə)nənt/
>noun
>any of the world's main continuous expanses of land

North America and South America are America.

What do you think the 5 rings in the Olympics flag represent?

I consider it to e just one continent, "America"

>North and South America, two distinct landmasses connected by a thin strip of land bisected by a man-made canal, are one continent

>Africa and Asia, two distinct landmasses connected by a thin strip of land bisected by a man-made canal, are two continents

beaner logic in action

>Why?
same reason why we're taught the metric system instead of the imperial, old school arithmetic instead of common core math, why we're taught Camarena invented color TV instead of Baird.
That's just the way we were taught, deal with it. There are historical reasons on why call it america, the division of north, central and south america are simple economical and social divisions nothing else.
idk why latinos get buthurth on why people call different things different names when they're not even speaking in the same language. I'd personally cringe over a gringo speaking spanish and saying "el continente sudamericano", idk why you can't cringe at our ways.

>same reason why we're taught the metric system instead of the imperial

Are you implying this is a bad thing?

the USA literally caused the two landmasses to be finally separate, once and for all. We control our own destiny, just as we shall now build a great border wall.

neither a bad or a good thing, they have to convert into metric 90% of the time once they step of from HS and want to pursue a STEM career, so I have no problem with that.
*fence

Countries according to my geography teacher
>Europa
>Asia
>África
>América
>Oceanía
>Antártida

Both landmasses are called "América" after Amerigo Vespucci (Américo Vespucio in Spanish)

Also I hate how anglos pronounce "Yurop", you guys should learn romance pronunciation at least (ewˈɾo.pa instead of awful "YUROP")

>give facts to an american
>he brings up his orange emperor and his expensive fence

Why? It doesn't need an -a.

>he got memed into thinking Trump is going to build anything
kek

its like pronounc "Eymerik" instead of America
silly pronunciation
"You-rop" is awful, and the real name is Europa

*goes on an elaborate rant about anglo pronunciation and the vowel shfit*

We call it Europa too

Are you really going to argue with people about how they should pronounce words in their own native language? Do you realize how dumb and autistic that is?

its called eurasia. but no africa isn't included normally

I don't know why people always get so salty over this

yeah, but im objectivelly right and anglo pronunciation is one of the most counter-intuitive of all western culture

Good thing we're having this argument in English dumbass fucking beach monkey Jorge

I consider the Darién Gap the border between north and south.

>You-rop
It's more like "Your-up"

As far as American pronunciation goes, I think "au-rope-aw" would be better and more accurate.

its precisely because i know your language in-depth that im able to critizise it properly

Well, Africa and Eurasia form a continous land mass...
What should it be called? Eurofricasia?

L2spell

Europeans came up with the name. Portugal, France, Spain also call it America. I know you guys pretend that we have no connection to Europe but we just kept the definition that they came up with.

NA ans SA are still connected by the seabed underneath the canal. Do you unironical,y believe humans managed to separate them completely? I wouldn't be surprised tbpf