Do you think it is okay to eat animals?

Do you think it is okay to eat animals?
Don't you think living a vegetarian lifestyle would be better ethically?

I really don't give a fuck what beta veggie faggots think. So I'll go on spending my hard earned money on the food I want.

I am perfectly happy eating tasty animals.

Plants can feel pain that we can't perceive. That tomato was screaming as you bit into it's flesh. At least my food is dead when I eat it. That tomatoes name was Nathan and you murdered him in cold blood

cut out sugar and carbs and who gives a fuck what u eat

I don't care what people other than me eat. I like meat. If you like avocado then knock yourself out.

>Morgue or Plant Morgue

There, fixed it for you

Meat > All other forms of food.

Vegatatirans have to get shots to stay healthy eating a "vegan" diet.

I dont have to get shots and i eat meat.

Explain that

My fridge is like a retirement home the dead are kept in the back and the vegetables are free to watch tv in the front

Clearly it's a morgue with some dying indoor plants, like a normal persons fridge.

Eating animals is immoral. But eating plants is hardly any better.

I would love for the day when we can affordably clone manufacture meat. I can eat all the meat without the immorality of harming any animals.

Then we will turn the tables and claim eating vegetables is immoral, because you're killing plants.

The question was whether or not you OBJECTIVLY think not eating animals would be the better ethical choice.

Yes and yes. I think vegetarian is better rational. But i dont like much vegetables and love the taste of meat.

> I can eat all the meat without the immorality of harming any animals.
What immorality? You gonna claim it's also immoral that other species also eat each other

those plants you eat were once alive as well OP

just cause they can't make a frownie face at you before they were plucked doesn't you are not consuming something's life force

animals eat other animals, animals eat plants. they are ALL living things. at the very least, we kill our food quickly. we don't bite into its flesh and let it suffer before it finally dies.

taking the moral high ground is fucking stupid on this issue.

Fuck that, I'm not about to let Bill go to waste. That was like a week of packaging.

Yes, as the dominant species on this planet

Im not one for being a pussy about meat however you're misinformed about the "quick" death aspect of our meat industry.

Any species that understands morality - yes.

>everything has to be in terms of black vs white or i can't possibly understand them
stop feeling superior for a nearly irrelevant choice, I'll eat all the vegetables AND meat i want because i like to enjoy my meals

it normal in the animal kingdom to eat meat, so there is nothing wrong with humans eating meat. However the conditions, standards, etc how that meat is raised, maintained, killed, etc is something else.

When we cut the heads off of cows they die...

Your "garden" is a lot of dead plants.
Maybe call the other fridge a "farm" then?

Oh, the processing makes a difference? So, you eat all those plants raw? And store them with the dirt they came with out of the ground?

Stupid hypocrite.

daily reminder that plants are just as aware as animals
they have memories
feel pain
are aware of their surroundings
and communicate with other plants
life feeds on life and your preferred diet will never change that

brain death is the quickest possible death, it is literally impossible to die faster.

Who's morality?

Morality is a social construct and in nearly every country it is morally acceptable to eat some form of meat.

Why do you think it's okay to eat animals?
Aren't humans supposed to have a certain responsibility when it comes to animals? Humans are better than any other animal, there is no other species that feels a responsibility towards other animals like humans do. Doesn't that obligate humans to protect animals from what they fear the most, which is pain?

It must suck to be you. Do you also believe in feminine penises

That can be made into an argument against nearly any and all morality. Are you willing to go there, user? Do you really want to argue against most morality?

plants feel pain as well, stop eating vegetables

Not sharia countries

nope this is a cold uncaring universe

if something was born at the bottom of the food chain it is not our responsibility to correct that

what a funny coincidence i just at a nice big juicy steak an hour ago

Yes it is. if Halal

eh? They have a specific process of slaughter to comply with their religion

It's not "OK" to eat animals, it's fucking REQUIRED.

Oh and btw, meat is the best healthiest food. Go die elsewhere you weak rabbit.

>Morality is a social construct
wrong
Studies show that morality is embedded in the genes. It's expression is socially constructed, but morality itself is genetic.
lrn2science before spouting your bullshit opinions.

I think I made my answer pretty clear. Fuck off with your carrot sticks.

Would you still think that way if you had to kill the animals you eat yourself and would you still eat as much meat? Because most people wouldn't.

I was referring to the specific "morality" against eating meat.

No, but then most things this stupid ape species does aren’t constructive or positive, so I don’t know why you’d think we’d make any exceptions for killing unnecessarily.

WTF you're talking about responsibility? Animals are food, end of story. If they don't want to be food, they can take over the world and farm us.

Until then, gimme HAM & BEEF.

All human eggs are female. Maleness is imprinted on female eggs. One could argue that we're all half female. There is no such thing as YY chromosome.
But no. I don't believe there are 'feminine dicks', unless you're talking about your personality.

if I had a way to kill it with ease I wouldn't give a shit

No. I was given teeth meant for eating meat because I'm naturally omnivorous. Ethically I'm going to eat what I'm designed for.

Because you're taking away the only positive thing the animal has, the feeling to live.

Humans have a certain responsibility towards animals.

I am more of a drain on resources and detriment to other humans by being a vegetarian. By my own morals it is better to eat meat than not to.

what makes humans better than other animals? You have no idea what goes through the minds of animals. Just because you feel superior doesn't mean they are inferior

It's nothing more than the application of not killing living things. How is that socially constructed?

I do, rabbit and bacon pies are amazing.
>would you still eat as much meat?
No, I have to travel to hunt, Australia is fucked like that.

Yeah, I do. Might go eat a delicious steak right now

Ethic is subjective fagot

How is it not? Do you think vegetarians existed when people lived hand to mouth?

So you have no ethic against eating dick.

>go to Sup Forums
>ask what they think is ethical
Kek

A cow would eat you given the chance

It's kill or be killed

How the dead plants creates GARDEN?

> vegetarian
> logic
Pick one

The only truly ethical choice would be to attempt to sustain oneself on fruits, nuts, beans, anything that can be taken from the plant without killing it. While at the same time not taking all of the fruit/nut/bean from the plant and also attempting to salvage the seeds for planting. Life is unfortunately inherently cannabilistic unless a being possesses photosynthesis. By the way that should be the end goal of science for ethical and resource conservation purposes. We must as a species achieve photosynthesis. Of course other ethical questions outside of diet that op did not raise I will. What of bathing or other acts of cleanliness? Do microorganism deserve death simply because we desire to smell or look nice? Should we harvest trees who have committed no wrong for housing? Anthropocentrism is natural (we are humans after all), but must be criticized, recognized, and controlled. We have the power of forethought, self awareness, and critical thinking. Let's try using it to live in a better balance with the other life forms we share the planet with. Life should always be the end, not the means.

No I don't, if you choose to eat dick it's no skin off my back.

Because the idea that it is morally unacceptable to kill living things to eat is a social construct. Humans evolved to be omnivorous, not vegetarians. It is in our genes as you say

>Do you think it is okay to eat animals?

Yes.

>Don't you think living a vegetarian lifestyle would be better ethically?

No, but I can understand somebody who thinks so, and if so, eat what you want.

I reserve the right to make my own ethical decisions and to eat what I like, nd extend you the same courtesy.

Yes, I have and it was delicious

Breaking news: life is unfair, shit happens every day.

Learn that quick if you don't want to live a shitty life. Which you're well on the way to do.

>The only truly ethical choice would be to attempt to sustain oneself on fruits, nuts, beans, anything that can be taken from the plant without killing it.

this OP, time to level up your veginess

Tomatoes are all female -- the parts you eat, anyway -- and so would be named "Natheen" or "Nathanette" or something.

Not strictly true though, many of the vegetables we eat as a whole plant are annuals and die whether we eat them or not.
>not a vegan

Don't assume Nathans gender user

I already kill alk the animals i eat, its comfy living in a village

I have never laughed aloud in a vegetarian bait thread before.

Give this man one-million Internets.

Nobody denies that it is morally superior to be a vegan. Nobody denies that its immoral to cheat. Doesnt mean im gonna stop eating meat, doesnt mean im gonna give up dem slam piggies.
/thread

>>plant are annuals and die whether we eat them or not.

you could say that about anything

i actually don't understand why people post vegetarian/vegan bait threads on here

i mean cuck or race threads at least make sense since they're trying to target underlying subconscious emotions and insecurities

but nobody actually gives a fuck about whether or not veganism is prominent, because everyone knows meat isn't go anywhere. it just seems like stupid shouting in a vacuum chamber

IDK MAN

Why would you assume lab-grown tissue would not have feelings, and rights, and stuff?

>Nobody denies that it is morally superior to be a vegan
I do

Don't vegetables live? Vegetarianism is on the same shaky moral ground as it is. Let alone claiming any moral superiority.

Their argument is that plants are less intelligent than animals - an assumption that may not be correct. But even if it were, the morality is against killing life, not killing intelligence. Their argument would also apply against unplugging AI computers. A position most vegetarians would balk at due to it's "unfair" analogy. But it's not unfair. It's a consequence of their argument.

Most people don't bother thinking their opinions through - because they don't like their nice safe thoughts challenged.

Truth is, it's impossible to live and be perfectly moral. We slaughter millions of bacteria and virii with each breath we take.

You understand how an annual works right user?

Both are dead. Fuck outta here.

Then you're wrong. Its clearly morally superior. Some faggy vegan trolls even got Sam Harris to admit it, even though he still said he wont stop.

was focused on the part where they die even if you don't intend to eat them

vegans tend to be extremely vocal and opinionated so this may not be a bait thread (though it could be)
remember the rules of vegan club
1: tell everyone about vegan club
2: tell everyone about vegan club

Then those of us who don't understand eating animals is unethical are in fact not doing anything wrong. You should just shut up before you spread more immorality by spreading more awareness of immorality.

The vegetables would have to still be growing in the fridge for it to be a garden.

heh heh. this is the moral equivalence of saying it's OK for superior alien species to eat human fetuses.

Because animals would live forever in magical fairy land if humans didn't kill them...

>but morality itself is genetic
Bullshit, faggot. I think that Facebook article - the title that you've read - really dooped you into false beliefs.

lrn2realScience

>Why do you think it's okay to eat animals?

Tigers do it, and they are pretty awesome.

Fuck, Sup Forums turned to pussies, niggers and homos quicker than predicted.

The point being they have served their life function by the time we eat them, they can provide nothing else to further their species.

>Its clearly morally superior.
To whom? It's only morally superior if you think consuming meat is immoral.

I think the point that user was trying to make was the argument of something is going to die anyway might as well be for my consumption. A cannibal could argue that for humans. Meat eaters for any animal. Vegetarians for any vegetable, etc.

Dawkins himself said he believes there could be a genetic reason for "morality" as far as how we treat our fellow niggas, nigga.

so you would prefer we let animals die on their own before eating?

see

I personally try to eat rounded meals with a fair mix of both meat and vegetables. I have found that the two together I feel alot better. Even versus vegetarian only meals. I found Vegie meals leave me hungry in no time at all, and much of the day is revolved around having another meal. However meat alone, and fast food frequently, I was feeling pretty terrible. I was very guilty of being that guy that would prepare a protein entre, and skip any sides. It's pretty bad for you, and when you eat more squarely, you can really tell it.

>Do you think it is okay to eat animals?
>Don't you think living a vegetarian lifestyle would be better ethically?

You know, I'm a PhD in Philosophy with a specialization in ethics, and I've come to believe that my eating meat is probably totally wrong, and is literally a character flaw I don't want to change. So, yeah, fuck animals, even though I think eating them is probably wrong.

If we arent supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat?

ethics are not objective

No, I fucking love eating animals. I was disagreeing with other user who claimed end level veganism meant you couldn't consume the entire plant.

You should already know. Your species knows - even if you're too stupid.

But then, we *do* let people get away with some really bad shit because they're "too stupid to know any better".
And with that, now I should stfu before I convince myself the majority of Sup Forums is retarded.