What makes you happy?

What makes you happy?

>no drugs
DRUGS

By being myself against social pressure.
Also seeing that what i'm doing isn't pointless and actually pretty cool is rewarding.

Sex and money. So what if that's shallow. I'm happy so IDGAF.

I'm dead and cold inside so pretty much nothing but fulfillment of materialistic desires such as masturbating, anime and image boards/forums.

I hide my problems behind a facade of image posting and laughing at other people's mistakes, but, every day I wake up, I am constantly reminded of the mistakes that lead me up to this point in life.

I have only the skills that I've kept as a hobby such as sketching and playing guitar that create some meaning in life and I am burning out and I've lost all ambition to move forward.

>By being myself against social pressure.
This honestly

Try exercising. Legit user, you are me.

good food and my awesome friends

friends and family
working out
learning new things and getting better at my job

hoping that one day I get in a stable relationship oh wait no that makes me sad and frustrated

I think everyone on this image posting site is a little like me honestly.

The rain. Wondering about the universe and everything in it, getting lost in thought

A few things:
>experimental music
>live shows
>controlled binge eating and fasting
>keeping my apartment tidy
>drinking and (then) smoking
>immersive roleplaying
>seeing my students invest themselves fully in things that make them happy while I try to remember how it felt to really care about myself and the world

It always changes tbh. That makes life fun though. Sure there are the periods where I feel nothing and don't have anything I really enjoy but then eventually I find something and that engages me until it no longer can and the cycle repeats.

>controlled binge eating and fasting

I do this too.

Instant gratification, minimal effort and hope for the future keeps me happy.

But drugs are the only thing that makes me happy. I guess alcohol does too. Does that count as a drug?

You don't belong here

Playing rust with my clan

-Theoretical physics/Mathematics
-classical piano
-skateboarding with friends
-collecting fountain pens
-traveling
-cats

Also her was a goood movie.

Alcohol reduces my anxiety so i guess that makes me happy, not through increasing the good but by reducing the bad
Also my girlfriend is amazing so like yeah

forgot to mention music

What'd you think of interstellar? My favorite movie

all the best luck, hopefully one day i'll feel the same

When my girlfriend doesn't act like a raging drunk cunt.

Kitties.

Then dump the cunt and post her nudes here.

Awesome! Physically accurate and great director. Also I've got a professor in my unit who did his PhD with kip Thorne ,the physicist who helped develop interstellar and he would tell us tales from him...
The only thing that I slightly didn't like it was the "love solved everything" at the end.... great movie tho.

Cracking open cold ones with the boys

Only memes and shitposting, if memes somehow ceased to exist and shitposting dies, I might as well kill myself
(no edgelord intentions)

No much makes me happy anymore. Thinking it might be time to try drugs.

Video games.

Isolation, alcohol, cigarettes and something to stay occupied

Why is anyone saying anything else? This is me to a T.

Not much, if anything, OP.

>be me
>teach in Japan
>today was the final day of the school festival
>loved talking with the kids and seeing the performances on the first day
>but had a depressive episode today
>bicycled home after the English drama performance
>stopped at an international shop for comfort food
>ate and drank myself into a stupor
>woke up to the sound of children laughing outside in the evening
>remembered that I could have been with my students laughing and watching fireworks and celebrating their hard work
>cried for 30 minutes before drinking again
>watched football compilations to distract myself
>now I'm writing this and wishing today hadn't turned out like it did

I just want October to get here so that I'll have an arbitrary date to again try getting sober.

Dubs.

fuckit that triggered me to read the part where you missed the fireworks and such. Whenever i end up out of it i.e. sleeping for some reason and missing an event i get really depressed and or pissed at my self. Fuckit man.

Drugs.

wanking to underage girls

Anime

And drugs

Holding my GF while she fall asleep on my shoulder while we watch a bad movie.

The idea of dying.

Orgasms.

先生?なんで私たちと花火見に行かなかったの?約束したでしょ?:(

先生なんか知らない!

Maybe you should try watching a good film for once

Thats so gay.

babbys first jap
いク

No need for that, user. It hurts enough already.

Sorry buddy I was just playing around

Seriously though you should just be happy that you're there and get to enjoy Japan, a lot of people would love to be in your situation, try to keep your chin up friend

応援しているよ

Bach

Thanks, user. It's the first time in three years I've missed the school festival, and I feel so bad about it. I know I'm fortunate to be where I am, and, even crying now, I see that I need to address my addictions if I'm going make my kids and myself happy. I wish it weren't so hard. Take care of yourself, user, and seek help if you ever need it.

Painting/drawing
Working out
Improving at my job(bartending)

I guess i'm still searching for it.
But I think sleeping make me happy (cos Is when my head stop thinking shit), but also make me sad, because I lose all my time on it.

Heroin. Honestly.

boxing & programming

I second this motion.

Logic

>controlled
>binge

I don't understand and I'm genuinely interested, I have issues with food

Cocaine and exstasy

Watching rick and morty, I love that I have a high enough IQ score to understand that show. You have to have a really high iq to understand and appreciate rick and morty.

intellectual honesty.

rationality.

>logic

articulate verbosity.

most people are closer to animals. and its sad.

Basically, user, it means planning out the binges. I know that I'm not going to eat for two or three days, and then on Friday, if I don't have plans the next day, I'll eat as much as I want, usually of whole plant-based foods, and spend the night and next day in a well-fed state. I prefer it over snacking throughout the day, and although it goes against all conventional advice, it has kept me in shape. Not a disorder but rather an alternative. Let me know whether you have any questions.

Smoking weed!

reported

do you manage to have a functional life?

bait

For the most part, yes. No one knows outside of the small group of people I use with. I work and have a place to live. I wouldn't recommend anyone pick up opiate use though, once you get addicted, it's tough to find joy in life without the drug. Its better just to stay away.

trannys

I already have no joy in life so that could bring some
will I be able to concentrate and perform highly demanding intellectual tasks? Or will I just be a zombie?

user that posted here years ago said that having sex with one is like having sex with a man, that the look is just a fantasy,

My gf but sadly i will have to break up with her, she is moving to another country and i can't stop that shit, i will fuck her like a cheap hooker and treat her like a princess as much as i can.

Good food, fixing things at work that knowone else can figure out, customizing my silverado, motorcycles, tahoe, and my house and yard.

Stop smoking weed

Hello you just described my life

>
then nothing

It doesn't cloud my intellect personally unless I get high enough to nod out. Even though the drug makes me feel good, I wish I never picked it up, because I was less miserable with my depression before since I didn't have to worry about getting dope sick all the time. Opiates are great in the beginning but after a while you don't get high very easily anymore because of tolerance and you need it daily just to be well.

Movies, sex with my wife, masturbation, my dogs, video games.

It sneaks up on you. If you don't exercise your brain it deteriorates.

Well, i think that brains on their own internal chemistry work different one from another: Success and momentary happines might work mostly the same on everyone (getting laid being with friends, usual thing that make everyone happy), but in reality the everyday's happynes, the one that's there most time is defined by your brain chemistry, and works different in everyone of us, having a "minimum level of happines" on our everydays, maybe some kind of addiction might screw that level, maybe it is screwed already on some pepole by being unlycky with a below average level, but mostly if you have that level below average you are going to be miserable every single time you aren't given oxitocine, and othe endorphines by your brain, so good luck with life

Lm

Endorphin