Now that the dust has settled

Thoughts?

Good shit

Very good. It's a grower.

Randy Marsh ;)

Good, not great.

Hard Feelings & Sober are the best, Homemade Dynamite and Writer in the Dark are pretty good, Supercut and especially Perfect Places are bad.

Supercut and PP are the best songs on the album though

I expected your thread to leave me with a taste of bullshit. What did i get?

....holy shit, are you serious?

Supercut I can see someone liking, but Perfect Places? I've never heard a song made so *exclusively* for tween Instagrammers that think their stories/posts are going to change the world.

What makes you like it better than the rest?

She played it too safe outside of 4 songs nothing really stuck out from this album

I saw a recent live show and her audience was pretty quiet honestly. It was sweet watching her being sarcastic and passive aggressive towards them though, i enjoyed that

not good, sounds uninspired

Shit SHIT

pure heroine is better

The Louvre is the only good song

They're all the same

U mean the baity shitposts? I guess

fuck you

Are you judging a song completely based off lyrics or are you just sucking Fantanos dick. You need to realize the person who made that song is literally fucking 19. She isn't going to make the same lyrics as Swans or Pink Floyd.

Horrid production. Meh Lyrics. Overrated.

I get a feeling of being understood by those 2 bands. How about that

"being understood by those 2 bands"

that doesnt make sense. Either that's a typo or you're actually trying to relate to their lyrics lmao

WHY THE FUCK YOU SAY DUST HAS SETTLED

THE DUST HAS NEVER SETTLED

GOD THIS BOARD IS FUCKING STUPID

GOD QUIT HIDING BEHIND YOUR "DUST HAS SETTLED" FORMULA FOR A THREAD

JUST OWN UP AND TALK ABOUT THE ALBUM, OP

FUCK THE DUST HAS SETTLED FORMULA

FUCK

sometimes i think about her

No, I don't even remember Fantano's review. Didn't he like The Louvre, which I thought was way too cheesy?

I can appreciate cheesy, young-people pop. I can accept young people lyrics as well if the track itself is enjoyable around it -- in Perfect Places' case, it certainly is not. That terribly cheesy march-along beat with the chorus behind it...ugh. The verses are even okay before that.
Lyrics are honestly the last thing I note in a track. A boring track isn't saved by good lyrics; a great track is much harder to be torn down by the lyrics being not great.

I like the album, man. I'd probably give it a 7/10 if I'm being honest. I haven't gone back to it much but it's a fun listen; better when re-arranged how I like. PP is just the worst track, which I'd probably still give a 3/5 along with Supercut. They both sound like songs that were made when she was way less experienced on the first album, the former in particular. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You're a joke

I like it but who cares what I think

No one, really

i don't

it's good, but it doesn't come close to art angels

Claire

Hard Feeling is an okay song

Glad that people have gotten more into Lorde

Damn, and I was actually looking forward to an opinion to counter mine. How disappointing that you don't care enough about the music to have one of your own and participate :(

Definitely this. I wonder if it was Jack Antonoff's heavy presence that steered this thing to it's good-but-not-as-amazing-as-possible spot...

sucks

You use the word cheesy without explaining why the chorus is cheesy. You literally just use adjectives without actually analyzing the music. Why should I debate with you? You call everything boring and cheesy yet you give it a 7/10. You don't talk about the lyrics, you don't talk about anything.

There is literally no reason to debate someone that only uses adjectives as a means to rank music

You watch fantano, you call pop music "young-people pop" as if older people can't enjoy pop, and you don't care for lyrics. Okay son go to sleep

>¯\_(ツ)_/¯
LMAO found the redditor

>everything boring and cheesy
Literally was describing my least favorite 2 tracks, and yes I did use those two adjectives to describe my 3rd least favorite track The Louvre

What's cheesy about Perfect Places' chorus? I guess it's the melody. That melody + the chorus behind her is – heh – melodramatic. And, again, the beat makes it sound like a school band and choir marching along.

Sure, I used the adjective cheesy a lot, but "cheese" is one of the most prevalent factors that irk me in music. When you know performers can do great stuff, but they succumb to using a choir like that or whatever, but they think that material is as great as the rest, and you just wish you could tell them that it needs more work...it's frustrating.

And...what? Are adjectives not how one relays an opinion? What is music supposed to make me feel, nouns? Geez.

Pop music isn't "young people pop", nor did I say all of it was. I think it's pretty undeniable that there's pop music out there out there made by young people and for fellow young people, which is what the other user stated & I was responding to...

And I do care about the lyrics. Just less than the other musical components. A bad track with good lyrics is hard to listen to because it's like they didn't do the lyrics justice.