Tfw born right in time for the great hip hop reinassance

>tfw born right in time for the great hip hop reinassance

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ryDOy3AosBw
youtu.be/3NXBgSCSrIk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

NOT REALLY.

HIP-HOP HAS BEEN STOLLEN BY MIDDLE-CLASS HIPSTER WEIRDOS

Hip-hop peaked in 1995. It's been all downhill since.
youtube.com/watch?v=ryDOy3AosBw

This is easily the shittest hip-hop has ever been. At least 50 Cent and Nelly said things and didn't just mumble. Sure it was fucking brainless but at least it was words and ythe music had some life to it. Hip-hop sounds like it's on the brink of passing out from too much ket.

Disagree, ringtone rap was the worst

This is a close second though, but lets not pretend its all that's happening in the scene right now. There's also a lot of stuff going down on the opposite side of the spectrum in the "conscious" (hate using the term but its a good descriptor in comparison to mumble rap and the like) hip hop scene

stfu dad

DAB ON THE HATERS

ESKETIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

>ringtone rap was the worst
This. The mid to late 2000's was an absolute nightmare compared to this current era.
youtu.be/3NXBgSCSrIk

my dad actually had In Da Club as his ringtone back when it was big

I know this is a ruse but this genuinely confuses me. Amongst plebs hating on J Cole has become a meme that a lot of people actually believe, J Cole is pretty soft but at least he can actually rap lol. Seriously he actually has some bars and a good flow and decent beats, I swear the masses just listen to anything with a loud 808 on it

I have never listened to any of these fucks and never will. I imagine it's all mumbling about "the game", "weed", "the struggle", "taking your bitch"

>esketit
God I hate that faggot Pump and Purp so much. Kodak is garbage too. Not sure what people see in him.

>ringtone rap
Oh god you're giving me shitty myspace flashbacks.
I hated rap so much in middle school and high school thanks to ringtone rap.
Thankfully the '10s got me back into hip-hop.

the term "Hip Hop" needs to fuckin die already, its so antiquated.
no one fuckin says Rock n Roll anymore, and rap music now includes a multitude of sub-genres

>the struggle
Rap hasn't been about "the struggle" in years

Also
>weed
Yes, but moreso Xanax and lean lately

90s > late 80s > early 00s > late 00s > early 80s > 10s

We need Kanye to save us from this hell just like he saved us years ago.

>Pablo
doubt.webm

They said the same thing when 808s dropped. Kanye's MBDTF 2.0 is on the way

>Not listening to alternative rap

It's like you suck or something

this

all you have to do is admit you care more about beats than lyrics. the only quotable lines from rappers in the past few years have been mocking them (blew my dick like a cello). zero staying power.

eventually rap fans will look at these rappers the way metal fans look at Poison and Bon Jovi

We need Kim to divorce him first

what about king kendrick

Jay already turned his back on Kanye. That alone is enough to make him go off. Keep in mind the ending of Saint Pablo he noted how he felt he made the wrong decision siding with Tidal but it was okay because Jay was his friend and had his back. Now that's gone. Also he had that nervous breakdown during his tour. Kanye is vulnerable, which is when he works best

>early and late 00's that high
10s rap is bette4 than that garbage decade.

Also
>lumping the 90s together