Is God real, fictional or an expense of mental damage?

Is God real, fictional or an expense of mental damage?

yes

I wouldn't say that the classic god exists as the sky daddy people imagined him since medival ages, but i'd say it's pretty likely that some alien which extraordinarily out powers us shows up at some point. Considering such an alien god would be a practical way to deal with them.

God is real.
Israel and many churches are full of liars though.

Many folks are being deceived and robbed in Gods name. It is regrettable that God allows it to happen.

a bad con at best

God is definately real.

See now that is dangerous thinking.

The problem here is that we are warned that at some time in the future God will cast down the devil as Anti-Christ and when that happens folks like you are primed to accept his lies.

He may claim to be the second coming of Christ here to rapture folks away which is a lie.

Or he may claim to be an alien.

What is factual is that he will not be a human so many will be fooled by his lies.

I pray you awaken to the truth before then.

which god?

God is probably dicking around with his son up there, figuratively and literally. Besides, those hand holes must be so fucking tight.

The God of Abraham.

The same one that the Hebrew people, Christians, and Islam, worship.

Sadly there are many liars behind pulpits who are either ignorant or outright dishonest that are fooling those who seek the truth.

It’s actually ‘definitely.’ Had to look it up earlier but just think of ‘finite.’
To answer OP’s question, no one knows for sure. I’m going with yes though. At any rate, there’s something to be said for order, self-control, self-awareness, and loving people.

Yeah, I don't have a spell checker on my computer but I'll keep that in mind.

Are you talking about Abrahamic religions take on God? Or just "God" in any general since of the word?

Well God is certainly leaving us all to our own devices. He does not seem to be in any hurry to correct anyone or anything that is being spouted in his name.

I will just pass on responding to the "bait" part of your comments.
Should you actually have a serious question feel free to post it.

Pass.

Nah, that god's retired or dead, just like Jupiter and all those others. The local Assemblies of God church has to put on their roadside sign that he's still real and still speaking to us, the tryhards.

Also who tf eats onion rings with ketchup?

IMHO Gods are just the expression of mans desire to cheat death and fill the void of knowledge about the world.

No only the collective subconscious

I don't know.

Christ said to worship God the Father..

Oddly he did NOT say we should worship him which so many do.

I liked the assemblies of God when I was a Child but have not found any in my area?

It is my hope that they are not part of the deception as most are today.

god needed a way to get himself to earth as a baby instead of just being god and going himself..

or a jewish girl lied to her crazy/jealous new husband..

The world is no great mystery compared to our selves. That’s where I’d like some answers.

He didn’t say to worship anyone, he said that if you believe in him and keep his commandments, he would remain in you and you in him (and likewise with the Father) and he also said that no one can come to the father except through him.

The burden of proof lies with those claiming god does exist. So far, no evidence provided holds up.

I know that "something" lets call it "A" created this universe, it can be god or it can be something else, but after that we can go and ask who created this "A", we will its "B" and we can go on and on in an infinit chain but in that case the creation of universe will never occur wich does not match our reality that the universe exists so god is the rational explanation to the universe

Well OK if you say so.

You are right that he is supposed to have said something to that effect. Though he seems to have stopped short of actually claiming to BE God. How ever he did teach us a style of prayer (Called the Lords Prayer) and in it we are instructed to pray to and praise God the Father hence I said we are to Worship God the Father.

But being that words are so powerful and the translators of the Bible to English (1611 KJV) were so bad at the task I will just leave it at that.

The world is no great mystery?
Inside us lies some mysterious truth?
It is always amusing to me how people think their believe makes them humble, and on the other side think they are somehow special.
There have been so many gods in history, and every single one can give you a explanation for "the mystery in ourselfes", if you want them to.

>Inside us lies some mysterious truth?

That is true.

Most do not understand that we are the Angels of God made flesh.

Must have been one hell of a dirty angel made into my hedonistic ass.

I think you misunderstand me. I don’t equate belief with understanding. I do think that spirituality is, higher powers aside, a quest for self awareness, and I think that most spiritual traditions support that.

Whether or not God is real, every organized religion is BS designed to control you and/or get your money.

Could be?

There are 3 types of souls.

Those who were decived by Lucifer and followed him in revolt.

Those who would not choose a side.

And those who while loyal to God demanded that the other two be put to death.

War broke out and so God made this place to teach all of us that death and suffering are horrible things.
We must all learn to be merciful, humble, and obedient to God.

Source?

Google "the rebellion in Heaven".

God is one in us all. This entity is the product of our collective intrinsic behaviour to organize, making worldly society act as an organism. We are the pimps and the prostitutes, too. The arbitrators and a virus spreading in the physical world.
God is us, all of us as one. No matter what decisions you make tomorrow, you will leave the world in a different state, automatically tapping into the collective state. Just remember that the collective also needs people that can act of their own accord without needing to rely on using collective influence to better their odds. In this way, we become "stronger". Happy exploring! :D

I might, but I don't think so.
Because you say it yourself. You want self awareness. Religions are made exactly for that. Giving you some moral guidance and and some reward for following those directions. Feeling like you are special, because you found some religious "truth".

I think, if you are attracted by religion that much you probably want to become aware that yourself is just that, special.

Sorry if I am getting you wrong, but as you can see in this thread, the world is full of humble fallen angel hypocrits.

Good luck finding whatever you are looking for.

Blah blah blah, and coming soon a nice self help book.

Sheesh!

>humble fallen angel hypocrits.
Huh?

You speak of religion?
Funny that in the Bible God says of religion "It is the teachings and traditions of men that make void the word of God"..

And that the only time Christ acted in anger was in the temple because the merchants were selling false offerings and paying bribes to the priests to continue to be allowed to do so.

You might find salvation in the words of the Bible, but odds are against finding it on the tongues of liars behind pulpits or wearing funny hats.

I am not trying to fill pews with people or to enciurage others to attend a church or pay tithes.

I promote the golden rule and suggest people actually read the Bible and attempt to gain a personal faith and relationship with Christ.

God is currently untestable concept.

Yet another retarded thread

Or two parallel universes colliding in the Multiverse, cause big bang and form a baby universe.

God is real, u just have to study his book more than 2 minutes to understand human can't right such a perfect thing.