Why do I always hallucinate when I smoke weed? Am I just a lightweight?

Why do I always hallucinate when I smoke weed? Am I just a lightweight?
(Pic unrelated)

Do you get visuals as in lights, or see objects that aren't there?

Do you get other types of hallucinations when you smoke? Tactile or audio?

How often do you smoke and how much?

I get strong visuals such as a kaleidoscope effect and I feel as though I’m in a cartoon by the way things look to me, but I never see things that aren’t there I just see everything differently.
As for how much I smoke weed, it varies but more recently it has been about once a week.
Last time I smoked and experienced hallucinations I shared two backwards joints with 3 other friends and the closed eye hallucinations were so strong I was sick.

Lucas Ununger

Niiiice dude, I dont think that's a light weight trait I think it's just the way you are. I experience similar things, sometimes I hear classical music blasting when nothing is there.

A lot of my friends have no idea what I'm talking about, but one understands.

I've long stopped smoking, because I have anxiety and the weed exacerbates it. Not the weeds fault, I think it's my own latent issue coming out. Good luck bruv

Hahaha, i know you from marktplaats

literally you can't hallucinate on marijuana so this is placebo effect. you think you're getting stoned af but you're not seeing shit you liars. might be laced if you truly are

Nigga cev are common af

fucking children I swear to god

ur retarded if you think you can't get visuals from weed. I get them all the time from sativa.

so we got dutch people here

Well shit, I been smoking weed everyday for 17 years & I've never had a hallucination...

Jealous

It takes hardly any for me to start hallucinating I’ve had strong visuals from half a joint

I get them in the 2 weeks following a big dose of a dissociative

You know the name of the strain you're smoking?

I gotta get me some! I'm guessing it ain't no Lemon Haze haha

So taking ket or dxm will give me stronger hallucinations, or do you think it’s a personal thing

Depending on the strain it can sometimes give me interesting visions, just got some blue dream recently, shotgunned two bowls and closing my eyes was quite the experience. Not that I minded it.

Enjoy it while it lasts. I hallucinated for the first 6 months of smoking, just like you described. Then it faded away and never came back.

Idiot

I haven’t been smoking longer than a couple months so you’re probably right. Maybe smoking less frequently will make the experiences last longer

It means God has chosen you.
Remember that every time you get high.

Cannabis induced psychosis. Look it up. You probably shouldn't smoke.

Pffft, almost everyone in my area smokes, as I have done for 20 years. Not heard of a single case of this. Everyone's jus mellow

Weed is a psychedelic you fuck nut

Last time got pretty scary but I managed to take control of the trip

THC > Psychedelic, you just said this; You can't hallucinate on psychedelics.

There are tons of people who get visuals from smoking good weed, especially closed eye visuals.

Have you ever taken LSD, Shrooms or DMT?

OP, I've just seen you say you're fairly new to smoking I don't think it's too uncommon for people to get visuals with good weed when it's new some people are more prone to it than others. I started smoking weed frequently when I was 11-12 and I introduced it to a bunch of my friends when I got to High school ~13 quite a few of them claimed they saw visuals and at the time I thought they were just talking shit because they thought it was expected or something as that is how TV often portrays weed.

I never experienced any visuals with cannabis, maybe once when I smoked a shit tonne I got some closed eye action but for several years I got NOTHING but a body high accompanied by high thoughts. However, after I started taking shrooms & LSD weed completely changed for me.

When I first took LSD ~100ug I found the visuals to be quite tame compared to what media portrays and I wasn't too surprised as I had seen this with weed before. However when I smoked weed on LSD ~200ug the world changed around me and I felt like I was in a fucking beatles cartoon it out did any expectations media had given me for LSD.

After that experience weed became much more visual, even the head high was a lot like tripping on shrooms or LSD as opposed to the just kind of funny mindset it would put me in before.

The biggest change came after I had a breakthrough experience with DMT, the mild visuals from smoking weed became vivid open eye and closed eye, closed was especially intense.

That breakthrough experience essentially made weed equivalent to 2g shrooms for me. When I want to get high just to chill I literally only need two puffs of my joint with some good weed and sometimes even that can be a little too intense at first and I have to settle into it.

My point is psychedelics effect each other, I think it's got something to do with once your brain experiences a certain state it can get back to that state more easily.

Ok, story of last time I took an edible.
My friends and I all took some and put on a movie.
about halfway through, things started slowing down, and things that had happened only seconds ago seemed like it happened maybe an hour ago. I mentioned it to my friends and we all had a laugh since we all started feeling whatever we felt around the same time, and then it suddenly took a nose dive for me.
I got up to get water, then it all became surreal, and I has a nagging feeling of this happening already. In my mind I thought I really fucked up here and it was the end, but not in the sense that I was gonna die, but that my whole life was a drug trip.
The perspective is really hard to fully lay out because it plays on some deep seated facets of me, but as a child, my older sister's favorite bullying was that I was mentally retarded, and though I didn't consciously pay it any mind, I thought that I was actually mentally retarded, and that I dreamed my whole life up to this point where I took this edible.
I thought I was stuck in a loop, in that I had lived out my life just to get this trip where I would restart. My failures as a person became enormous, in that I managed to really waste my life and potential playing over and over, and I felt like it was just destiny and part of the loop that I'm doomed to never accomplish anything. The whole time I racked my brain trying to figure out an out, trying to convince myself that this was temporary, but the time felt eternal. I ended up wandering around my friend's house trying to find some sort of path that would end differently, trying to find a "new" path by walking around. I would randomly stop and think something along the lines of "I've seen this before, I feel like I would turn left, so I'll sit down instead" only to feel like I've done it before and that I have to restart (I've spent plenty of time at this friend's house, I've been everywhere and nothing would be new)
cont

I would have lapses where I would get a little bit of "sanity"(? not sure how to describe) and look at the clock, only to see that it's only been a few moments since the last time, and I progressively felt worse and worse. Eventually as it waned I lied down on the floor for a few moments before just throwing up everything I ate, and as my face was lying in the puddle I made I realized that it was over, and I was finally out. I fell asleep and my friends cleaned me up told me their perspective. I was wandering around with a thousand yard stare whispering things they couldn't understand, then I would just suddenly stop and stare for a minute and move along. I stared at people like I was crazy and was about to attack, I had grabbed a girl, stood right in front of a door jiggling the handle, grabbed the ps4 controller and started rapidly flicking the joysticks and pressing buttons, and other unsettling things before I passed out.
I decided never again. It really made me value sobriety and control, as well as being introspective.
Even though my life is better than average, I'm nowhere near accomplishing my goals and I buckled down and really started trying to do all things I had planned or set out to do.
But I'm lowkey trying to repress the memory, it's hard to grasp because you aren't me, but this is something personally comparable to staring into the abyss. Really shook me.

weed is a mild psychedelic.
you probably have a low tolerance.
you may be and probably are smoking some good shit.

if you smoke at the end of the day you are probably going to feel more tired which can be a factor of how the weed makes you feel.

your tolerance will increase the more you smoke, and you will also be more mentally used to the feeling of being high. when you are used to the feeling of being high to the point you can do day to day tasks like you are sober, such as conversing with sober people, driving, working, studying, exercising, walking, etc. then go and do those things. otherwise lay low when you get high for now.

It's really uncommon, no one else I know gets visuals with weed. The ones you describe, color shifts and kaleidoscope seeming effects and more if I get realllly baked. I get them every time I get pretty high, or from potent sativas or concentrates. Seems less prevelant with edibles though.

It's happened for about the last few years.

>i never saw it so its impossible idiot child
fuck off retard

It was a real trip huh? Edibles are a LOT more potent than weed, much more like tripping on LSD or Shrooms than smoking pot.

I get that it shocked you but I bet you'll be missing that feeling somewhere down the line! The realizations you have from these things are just too enticing. It's kind of like dunking you head in a bucket of ice water, not the most pleasant feeling in the world but damned if it doesn't leave you feeling refreshed and alert!