10s

Try to be as objectively universal as possible, don't push it. If its far fetched, give reasoning. This is all bullshit anyways, so relax.

>10s
IR was 2007 though

In Rainbows is pretty farfetched imo

im saying 10/10 kek

how so

so you would rec this to any rando peep

yes
5 quick ones

Its an 8 at best

agreed, classic

It's solid but not groundbreaking or really anything besides solid pop music. It's like an 8.5/10 at best.

Just realised it didn't have to be recent oops

In rainbows seems too repetitive to me, the album starts off strong but in the middle all the songs get kind of muddled into a big pile of nothing, All i need, faust arp and reckoner just kind of merge and start sounding the same

It's a 7,5 album for me, but that's also because [spoiler]i don't like Videotape[/spoiler]

fuck forgot pic

It's pretty unadventurous rock music, It has great melodies and wonderful production but it just doesn't have anything that unique about.

great choice, definitely Tim's best imo

Not the RH album I'd give a 10 to but still love it

If stumble was shorter I'd agree. I also prefer the sequencing where the sides are swapped.

My only true 10s are
Miles Davis - Dark Magus
Tom Waits - Rain Dogs
Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation

the fucking intro track to virgins
i'd even go as far as to say, i think that track is the best opening track ever (in my opinion of course :~})

Maybe not the best ever but I love it too, there's something about the way it immediately envelopes you is amazing

Personally a 10/10 for me.

this one's not so popular

this is how you do pop music

what does groundbreaking have to do with anything? its resonant melodies and infectious song structure, every song is gem like, perfect album, again this is all subjective

it's a good album, but for me it's more like a 6 to 7. it's subjective I guess but all of the songs are good but not great. as an example I think Airbag is the best Radiohead song and In Rainbows really doesn't have anything that good
i'm btw

Because if it doesn't push boundaries, then it's just like the other muck. It doesn't necessarily have to be sonically adventurous, you can push the boundaries with well-crafted songs, sure, but whether RH does that or not is up for debate.

definitely

Gardening at Night is the best R.E.M. song.

weird fishes arpeggio is the best song ive ever heard in my life

that doesnt negate that its a 10/10 musical experience, also i've never heard anything like it

you're just conjuring up some baseless criteria for what makes a great record lmao relax this isnt for pints, take 15 steps and sit down

>pop music
I don't think you know what those words mean

that's weird to me
I actually strongly disagree with that. obviously it's really valuable for artists to cover new ground, but a piece of music can be fantastic without being innovative in anyway. i'll credit something for being original but I'm never going to criticize something for being traditional or whatever.
I honestly have like 10 R.E.M. songs tied for no. 1 in my head all from their early days but I'm not going to post more than 1 album cause i don't wanna be obnoxious

you are correct and everyone else is dumb

It's just a great album with 11 solid tracks

At My Window isn't good

why listen to the strokes when you could just listen to the music they copied

This has 4 perfect songs but Murmur has like 8.

I always get so hyped and dance like total idiot to this and it's awesome
Flawless album to me, great sound great tracks.

Murmur and Reckoning are 10s for me as well I just picked 1

also Murmur has 12 perfect songs

I'm happy you like it, user. Hence why I said "up for debate" rather than outright denying the compositions.
It's based on my own opinion. I think it's pretty fair too.
Radiohead is pop music. Do you really want to get in this tired top 40 vs popular music debate? Because I don't. And it's off-topic anyway.

In Rainbows is nothing in the same family as a 10. People only want this to be so because it's their most consistent since Kid A, the nature of the release, and it's by Radiohead. Most songs have a great moment or idea in them, but Faust Arp is disposable and the studio version of Videotape with the drum loop is a total cop out. That's the album in miniature: likable and consistent, but it's like they were trying to make a merely satisfying album with no musical risks at all.

thats the beauty of subjective emotional attachment and differing sensors, multiple listens always reveals something to different people

>i dont rate it you shouldn't either

what's your point dood, just go home, save your hot air for the blimp

What are you talking about?

One of the most consistent and tight krautrock/prog albums I've ever heard and a tremendous and bizarre live album

>I actually strongly disagree with that. obviously it's really valuable for artists to cover new ground, but a piece of music can be fantastic without being innovative in anyway.
I assume you meant to respond to me (). Yes I agree, but I argue that creating well-crafted music is inherently boundary pushing. Picture it this way, you have a circle and inside the circle is every mediocre piece of music in a single genre. These are the ones that are "6/10 I didn't hate it," the ones that are unambitious, fill the cliches of the genre, and are content with it. At the edges of the circle you see large bumps, and these are the ones that do something really good with the genre, like incorporate some crazy influences and make it work (emphasis on "make it work"). These are the ones that revolutionize music. Then you get smaller bumps. These are the ones that take the "6/10 I didn't hate it" music and fix it, either by improving the lyrics, melodies, cohesiveness, overall sound, technical work, more reverb, whatever. Now a big bump might look at a small bump and be like "lmao pleb music try doing something COOL like fusing [this genre] with funky glitchgaze and post-avant-gothjazz like ME" and that's true in the grand scheme of things, but this point of view neglects the fact that trying to create well-crafted music without resorting to (too many) cliches is ambitious in its own right. Of course, how you weight your values is entirely subjective.

why do you spew your understanding of a subjective topic as if its fact

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Why should I waste my time prefacing all of my statements with "in my opinion?" If all you have for me is a critique of the tone of my writing then come up with something about what I said or leave.

Perfect album

You know nothing about music. Go research the studio version of Videotape and see how musically impressive it is

Spare me. Check their performance of it at Bonnaroo 2006, that wonderful tension and release and Greenwood's guitar at 3:16 is lost on the studio version. It's not a bad tune, probably the most sad one they had written up to that point, but they changed it for the worse.

Double nickles on dime

but it's so boring

>be as universal as possible
You know music is subjective right

hey dumb shit, read the heading next time, recommend your album, then get the fuck out, no one wants to hear your wash your insecurities

OP just means agreeable
It sounds like you're just insecure that someone doesn't like IR

>If its far fetched, give reasoning.
Is English not your first language? Be honest.

What how is it boring? you can play this music on a fucking stadium

meaning don't give some out of the blue pic most people pan, unless you wanna give specific reasons
IR is not far fetched you frivolous faggot, even deniers rate it an 8 at worst, fuck outta here with this Sup Forumscus level salivation over you're musical palate

it's perfect; come at me

>even deniers rate it an 8 at worst
>Its an 8 at best
>It's like an 8.5/10 at best
>It's a 7,5 album for me
>for me it's more like a 6 to 7

Is English not your first language? Be honest.

it's pretty far fetched cause the songs are not that good

when you say an album is a 10, that means it's about as good as an album can be.

you're right

is that how you get a consensus, asking 5 people you daft inbred, we get you are triggered, you're spilling blood everywhere
and reasons were given earlier, this is subjective remember retard, just rec your album and dip lol or keep replying, do as you wish kek

The guy asked why people didn't like it, and 4 people rated it scores that are certainly not "8 at worst." It's not a consensus, but it does contradict your statement that deniers rate it 8 at worst.
Judging from your schizophrenic posting style, you are frothing at the mouth. Take a breather user, there's no use getting angry.

desu In Rainbows is like a 6 to me
One of Radiohead's weaker albums

they have a few, but this is perfect

>If its far fetched, give reasoning.
you should give reasoning, period

anyway this one is really cool, switches between straightforward songs and interesting experiments with echoes, has a lot of energy, and each song flows really well from the previous. the 11 minute mouth sounds final song is one of the most interesting things I've heard, sounds fucking awesome, and probably one of the more accessible experimental krautrock pieces

good try trigger finger, no serious musician would rate it less than an 8, round all those and its still 8, but in my reality and the majority of radiohead lovers ive met and talked to think its a 10, this is all anecdotal and subjective, rememeber this clit brain

and now the memes begin

naw i trust the taste of intuition of some people, some people just know how to rec a 10 to anyone, its years of listening and developing a palate and musical literacy if needed of course

Sure, so I don't understand why you get so bootyflustered over a lot of people disagreeing with you.
>no serious musician would rate it less than an 8
You should learn that being a musician doesn't mean you agree with other musicians.

This is actually the only one in the thread I agree with, good job.

I like to give reasons for everything and you should too. it helps when you're an outsider to see someone's thought process. promotes discussion too.

you are correct, i forgot to add avid music lovers as well not just musicians, good eye goldeneye

>no serious musician would rate it less than an 8

What the fuck are you talking about

fine point but you have to remember that it is an innate aural/emotional reaction as to why you like it, verbalizing it or intellectualizing something does not verify something that already has merit, especially when dealing with subjectivity, construction of music however i agree is objective, the enjoyment is subjective and subect to change according to the disposition of a person

>good eye goldeneye