How does one learn to engage and commit to a relationship without giving too much of yourself in order to avoid being...

How does one learn to engage and commit to a relationship without giving too much of yourself in order to avoid being completely destroyed in case it goes down the drain?

I see her acting as if nothing ever fucking happened not even half an hour after it ended, how do you obtain this ability?

Picture unrelated.
Will dump some random pictures.

and don't fucking roll if you won't do it

Please elaborate

Godspeed.

Gook on the waterbed? I don't get it.

Zipperhead on the waterbed

because she's a bitch, user.

That's an obscure one and it doesn't really rhyme. Should have done a chick in a sink.

*chink in a sink, excuse me.

Shes actually not though, I have a feeling shes just faking it subconsciously.
It's not OC, saved from a thread a few days ago.

maybe. are you looking at her social media? i doubt she'd break down and be sad all over social medai

I don't get it

Nope, we used to live next door to eachother at sort of an collective and I just moved a few weeks ago.

She does have issues though which is why I think it's just a facade and that she handles it in private - What I'm interested in is learning how the fuck to do just that - Push it aside so I can function normaly.

see

I guess some people can push it aside,some cant.
Honestly,if you have to go in a relationship and not express your emotions like you want to just because it might go down the drain,then that doesnt sound like a good relationship to be in

Not exactly what I meant.
I meant committing to a relationship but only attaching yourself so much that in case it does - It wont be THAT big of a mental rollercoaster.

lasagna exists

Good point. History was still revised.

i mean that's just what i do subconsciously without even thinking about it. how long were you guys together?

Am I going to do alright?

We've known eachother for about 10 months beforehand, dated for a few months so it's pretty short lived.

The reason it hits so hard is because it was completely out of the blue. Everything was fine, we had amazing sex and hung out and had a good time pretty much every day.

I did hold back quite alot and I told her I get attached pretty quickly once I'm sure that it's serious - And she gave me the green light when we talked about this eye to eye.

Fucked up man

why did you break up then?

I did not, she did.

Claimed something about not being able to contain or handle it all, and that it wasnt a good idea which only raises more questions.

But as I said, she does have some issues.

A thousand thanks user

wat, how old are you guys?

I'm 22, shes 24.

wtf, that's a stupid reason for a 24 year old. it's the kind of BS girls say when they don't want to be together for other reasons, honestly. though i know that's not waht you really want to hear

I know, it's the kinda shit 15 year old girls say for the exact reason you specified.

However I'm actually pretty certain shes being honest - It isn't exactly what she said though, but the closest I can translate it to.

She has a horrible past with men and thats why I think shes honest and up front.

ah, that makes sense then. sorry about that, user. if you ever want someone to talk to, we can exchange contact info over a 10 minute email, since this thread is gonna die soon

Sure thing, why not

zlkkkwaf at sharklasers com