Sup Sup Forums

Sup Sup Forums,

I've been averaging about $2k per week painting exteriors of houses. I started in April and before that never painted a house in my life. I am 33 and physically disabled, bad hunch back with nerve damage in both legs. I literally hobble around.

I went from being an ultra broke to having almost $50k saved up in less than 6 months.

The exterior painting season is ending and I will have to learn to paint interiors and shit.

Ask me anything

step up nigga

How can you paint houses with bad legs and a bad back? Don't you need to be able to move and climb ladders?

I don't do it by myself. I basically hire people to do the heavy lifting. I am able to carry around ladders and even set them up and climb them. I just don't walk on roofs I have no balance.

Cheked mang

relax my nigga

Nice dubs

United States

Yes

Howd you get started/can I have a job?

Holy shit did your crippled ass hobble to the fridge for a beer 20 minutes ago? Or does it normally take 9 hours for you to lift your arms up to normal desk height to type because of your quasimodo hump?

Is it gay if her penis is feminine?

I bought a cheap van, and scoured craigslist for hours upon hours looking for a good used airless paint sprayer. Then I watched a shitload of the Idaho Painter's videos on youtube. Then I went to several big companies who subcontract out their work. I told them I have been painting for 10+ years. They quized me and because I knew enough painter lingo/jargon they all offered me contracts. I stuck with the company with the highest commision.

Just so long as the balls dont touch. Make sure to pick up a pair of Testi-guards. Theyre these little sacs that you can cover your balls with, almost like a dick sock. Then, God cant see your testicles touch, and its not a sin.

Awesome. Thanks for the clarification, fam!

is it gay if his butthole develops labia?

Holy shit. Youre like eugene from the walking dead, lying to survive, and having the knowledge to back it up. I would totally buy a van and just live in it at night while I paint peoples houses during the day.

>can I have a job?
Do you live in or around Pittsburg PA?

I can move. I'll buy a van and live in it.

Don't really watch the walking dead so I don't know the recrence. Ironically I lived in my van and painted houses by day all through april and may.

good work OP

Dude, was it awesome? I would enjoy the hell out of it. I love camping.

You don't want to be a worker. I pay my guys shit for doing 90% of the work otherwise I wouldn't make much.

They a bunch of mexicans?

It kind of sucked, you fall asleep feeling ok, wake up a few times cold, then ultimately wake up sweaty. Also with all the equipment and supplies in the van it doesn't leave much room for sleeping space. Lucky my seats lay all the way back. I have a big job coming up where I should profit $3,500 in 4 or 5 says. It's 100 miles from my house so I'll probably sleep in the van while I do the job.

what is your process for quoting an exterior paint job?
do you pressure wash the houses before painting the exterior?

Even though you could afford to stay in a five star hotel?

No, I tried hiring them. 1.) They are to short. They need a ladder for almost everything. 2.) They have no concept of professionalism when it comes to cutting in straight lines, overspray, preventing flashing, and overall uniformity. Basically the finished product might as well have had a banner over the house that reads "Landscapers painted this house".

That was the difference between saving $16,000 in 2 months vs saving $4,000 in 2 months.

Literally just laughed out loud. What kind of people are the best workers, would you say?

Sorry mixed my reply up.
I don't always pressure wash. It all depends on the substrate and how dirty things that will need to be masked off are. If I'm not painting the windows for example, I'll want to wash the frames to make sure my tape will stick.

I don't usually wash cedar that never had latex paint on it. If I do it Usually takes too long to dry and if painted too soon after wash the paint will bubble. If the cedar has peeling paint chips I will blast it withe the pressure washer because this will leave alot less scraping during prep.

if you pressure wash, how long do you have to wait before painting?
how many days does it take from start to finish to finish a home? depending on the size

To be honest, usually highschool drop out pot head lackeys. They work for cheap and are very insecure about losing their job. They will do most dangerous things without hesitation. To them $500 a week is damn good money considering they have friends who work in fastfood thst barely make that in 2 weeks. The only downside is they must be supervised at all times. They never seem to learn from their mistakes or how to deal with customers. So I never have to worry about them getting their shit together and cutting me out.

>Then I went to several big companies who subcontract out their work
did you have to be licensed and insured to work for them?

What a coincidence! Im a pothead stoner lackey and that description fits me to a T! Hire me.

bump

Aluminum and vinyl can be painted the next day or same day if washed in the morning and it hits 80° by noon. Cedar with previous latex paint usually about 36 hours.

I've painted a dutch colonial in 1 day. Dutch Colonials are box shapes, not to many angles

Size is irrelevant as the airless sprayer such as a titan 440 replaces 5 guys old school cutting and rolling. It's all about the prep and angles. Does the substrate need oil primed? Oil primer takes 8 hours minimum to dry. Where as latex tacs up in as little as 2 hours. Big square walls with no windows and sofits can be painted in 20 minutes almost doesn't matter the size.

Bungalows take an averge of 2 days depending on how many windows, doors, walls, and gables.

I painted a funeral home in 5 days that had pillars as big as the White House and probably had the sane square footage.

My longest job was 9 days but it rained at some point in time literally everyday I was there.

So I guess you could say I average 1.5 to 2 houses per week.

No to the license. Yes to the insurance. Most companies want 1 million liability for their subs. The company I deal with the most wants 2 million and proof of workmans comp for myself (I don't have employees only independent contractors). My insurance was $150 for month one and $70 after. I forged my workmans comp because they wanted $150 per month jusr for me with no employees. It's not required by my state only the one company I work with alot.

The forgery of the workmans comp would only be known if I got hurt on the job and tried to sue the company I sub for. They would say your workmans comp should cover you. And like I said it's not a state law and only a requirement of the company. My insurance only covers me and not the people that work for me as "Independent Contractors". As IC's they are responsible for any damages they may do. Technically I am supposed to make sure they are insured. By law though I not have to force them to show documentation of insurance. Uncle sam only cares about Identity for tax purposes. If they fuck something up and don't have insurance, I can just say I did it and have the client file a claim through my insurance.

Bumping for interest..

>gas station employee
>literally trash

There is vomit forming in the back of my throat

POST MOAR