What's your favorite punk album Sup Forums?

What's your favorite punk album Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VsObPrm7Isg
youtube.com/watch?v=QS0O4g1ogqY
youtu.be/6i578fdolrU
youtu.be/tgp59BvWcPQ
youtu.be/wk0AH70QVqU
youtu.be/z43oHuMjxtA
youtu.be/a1BS7XnEZqc
youtu.be/IC3AV29Un-g
youtu.be/O1raCtM3UGk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Greenday is not punk

what's your favorite album?

Holy fucking shit please stop

>mfw these albums are every bit as complex as the average punk album but just feature less screaming

lelelel

For real tho

They definitely were when Nimrod came out, just because a band sells out doesn't make their previous works not punk anymore.

this shit

I only like hardcore punk

Easy. Next question

You don't know shit about punk!

The first 3 Wipers albums are fantastic

Doesnt Mac de Memeco listen to this?

Honestly...that one.
It's also the first CD I ever bought, and I fell in love with Green Day/went and bought all their albums, and then American Idiot came out like 3 years later. I was a happy little 10 year old, man, damn.

This was their White Album, IMO. It had the greatest amount of material, it was virtually all good, and they showcased how heavy or light they could go. It was amazing. Nothing beats the feeling of songs like "Last Ride In", "Nice Guys Finish Last" as an album-opener, or songs like "Redundant", "Worry Rock", and "Reject"

I don't know, but what does that matter?

*blocks your path*

>ywn be recording a great album at 16 with all your buddies

My fucking nigga

>IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'M SORRY

Refused - The Shape Of Punk To Come.

>tfw 20 and still haven't started a punk band
I keep trying but it never works out

yes they are

snowflakes

Literally in the same boat, most people in my town that are my age just listen to hip hop unfortunately

start a rap-punk group and innovate

But that sounds like it'd be shit

You have to be a legitimate retard to think that Green Day and Blink 182 are punk in any way shape or form.

Nah bro, it can be done. Check out Gorillaz' first album...it could sound something like some of the songs from that, you know?

You're literally a contrarian if you think Green Day and blink-182 can't be perceived as punk. Sure they're on the less-intense and more-easily-accessible sides, but they were punk bands for a long time. Green Day is arguably still - just old punks - and Blink have definitely veered toward more straightforward pop/rock.

If they were true punks they would've broken up after pic related. The tern "pop-punk" is an oxymoron in it's purest form.

arguing what is or isn't punk is the least punk thing you can do

Pop-Punk is a subgenre of punk.

It is punk weather you want to cry about it or not. Your feelings don't matter.

not punk

youtu.be/VsObPrm7Isg

you aren't punk

I'm Stranded by The Saints

not punk

Dead Kennedys and Masked Intruder apparently aren't punk I guess. Autism is that you?

>Not punk

And you should know, cos you're so cool!
Number one, nobody's fool!
WE DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAY, FUCK YOU!

You're so NOT punk, that you probably think that's a D.O.A. song, and probably have never heard the original version! Fucking PLEB! Get off Sup Forums faggot!

You don't know what the fuck punk is! Green Day and Blink 182 are more punk than you'll ever hope to be!

I've been trying to start a band for years, but can't seem to find the right people

A while back, there used to be a band from Florida called Whole Wheat Bread that was quite old at mixing punk and rap.

There was also a group out of Austin TX in the early 80s called the Big Boys who weren't afraid to throw in some funk and R&B, along with Jody Foster's Army out of Arizona that also threw in some funk, and even did an instrumental version of George Clinton's Standing On The Verge. It HAS been done, and it CAN be done. You just have to do it! Check out these bands if you haven't done so.

You have just proven that you know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about punk in general!

Seriously! The majority of good punk is based on pop! Shit, so you think The Ramones pulled that shit out of their ass? They practically INVENTED pop-punk! Are you telling me that The Buzzcocks, The Undertones, and The Descendants aren't pop punk? Have you ever even listened to Milo Goes to College?

PLEB SPOTTED!

Good choice! Australia's finest next to Celibate Rifles, and Radio Birdman! I don't know about you, but I like Eternally Yours equally as much as I like I'm Stranded. Why is this band so overlooked? At least I'm Stranded should be mandatory listening! Back when the single came out, some music journalist from the British music press called it "The Single of The Week, and EVERY week!"

(Nice dubs)
Sadly, this album has become more relevant than ever, especially considering who's POTUS!

I swear it's just one guy forcing the punk meme.
I refuse to believe Sup Forums cares enough about punk to have daily threads.

only one correct answer

I think a lot of people like punk really but it just doesn't get spoken about outside of certain threads. A lot of very Sup Forums genres all came out of punk though, stuff like post-hardcore, post-punk and noise rock. Meaning that a lot of these bands are what influenced what people love.
Although threads like this are often just for easy (You)s through bait and argueing the sub-genre of albums like pic related.

> I've been trying to start a band for years, but can't seem to find the right people
It's not you, it's them, I'm sure.

Nice pop album, OP.

I don't know shit about punk, I just got this from a nice thread about old OI! recently.

probably red medicine or My War, I guess you could say I cant decide ;))))) ANYTHING

That's the truth!

And the nazis have shown up!
What are you gonna post next? A Skrewdriver cover?

I'm not a nazi, I just like to approach new music without any political preconceptions. There was a nice scholarly thread about early RAC recently which was linked to me yesterday and this was one of the best albums in that thread. I'd be happy to listen to some good early leftie punk if you have any, that's just not what that thread was about. I suppose I should check out Crass? What I've heard from Skrewdriver was also pretty good for the most part. I want to be clear that I do not follow any particular ideology and listen to radical left-wing as well as radical right-wing music.

Fair enough.
Plenty of Jews do keep a copy of Mein Kampf in their library.

That's not a good analogy at all. More appropriate is the idea of a regular fellow regularly re-reading both Mein Kampf and the Communist Manifesto not for their political content but their beautiful prose.

I thought it was a proper analogy, but your point about Mein Kampf and The Communist Manifesto is equally valid.

Bollocks! I came here looking for legit 70s / 80s punk made by poor hungry working class brits whose pappy was let go from the steel mill so it's cabbage water for dinner (again!) but all you slimey bastards listen to is shitty pop music!

this greenday is cringe and not punk

inb4 hurrr they just sold out

We knew their modus operendai. Fuck around the scene for a bit then go to mtv. Not. Punk.

Green Day is pop punk, just like Sum41, Blink182 and many other dog shit nothings that polluted the radio from the mid 90s to late 00s.

>although it sounds exactly like any punk album it is not punk because more than a dozen people bought it

Does this sound like Greenday?
youtube.com/watch?v=QS0O4g1ogqY

That's an even better pop album! Punk still falls under pop music and a lot of people seem to forget it

meant for

Next time you get fucked up, you won't survive it. This is a sign from God. Change now.

Are you the same user who's been posting cryptic messages in other threads?

Yes it does but with a worse production

youtu.be/6i578fdolrU
youtu.be/tgp59BvWcPQ
youtu.be/wk0AH70QVqU
youtu.be/z43oHuMjxtA
youtu.be/a1BS7XnEZqc
youtu.be/IC3AV29Un-g
youtu.be/O1raCtM3UGk

Green day has a pop production,that's pretty much the only thing that makes pop-punk "not punk"

>Yes it does
where's the proof?

Now that you got the message and you know it's for you, do something. If you move now, your new life will be amazing with everything you dream it can be. If you let it slide and get fucked up, it will end.

Green Day (particularly the earlier stuff) are closer to the original sound of punk (bands like Stiff Little Fingers, Buzzcocks etc) than most modern punk bands

>Stiff Little Fingers
They're still good live btw, Nothing quite like a mosh filled with 40 year old blokes.

I went and saw The Blue Aeroplanes play about two months ago and the mosh was entirely made up of men with back problems

Does this count?

A similar one I saw was New Model Army which was just a bit weird because they all insist on taking their shirts off.

Pop punk is better than punk in every way. The only good thing punk ever did was pave the way for pop punk and faggots who bitch about what is and isn't real punk just have misplaced senses of elitism. The reason pop punk is hated is because it's more popular and takes more skill to make, write catchy hooks, etc.

Oh and the Offspring's Smash is the greatest punk album ever

Maybe Americana

i was with u 100% till this post

Is that because you think the Offspring is not punk, or you just think they suck?

Because that's not even the best Offspring album, let alone best punk album of all time

Well maybe not but it's the best selling independent album of all time, 11 million copies sold without a major label behind them is damn impressive.

my nigga

Uhm, user, fairly sure that's the essentially Beastie Boys.

That's definitely true. The Offspring are heavily underappreciated due to elitism/gatekeeping.
On the subject of pop-punk, Through Being Cool is far and away the best album of the genre.

Saves the day huh? Shoulder to the wheel is a real gem but the rest of the album is more in the get up kids emo vein for me. Check out plastic skies by bodyjar or foot in mouth disease by gob and see if you don't retract that statement.

Better than enema tbqh

desu pop-punk is a very hard genre to rate objectively due to nostalgia value but i'll for sure check those out

I'm not blinded by nostalgia because I don't have any. I just enjoy the music for the music.

Probably not my favorite but it's up there.

The Clash - The Clash
Dead Boys - Young Loud and Snotty
Agent Orange - Living in Darkness
Misfits - Static Age

spot the 12 year old.

Never gets old. Great melodies, fun lyrics, nice balance of angst and good times. One of my all time favorites

Nice