What the fuck did I just watch. I mean I know the past shows have their flaws, but hell even Enterprise had some charm...

What the fuck did I just watch. I mean I know the past shows have their flaws, but hell even Enterprise had some charm. This.... this was just awful.

cbs prime service only has 1.5 million subs, makes so much sense to only show it to 1.5 million people instead of potentially 20 million people

Good sense cbs

Enterprise even had really good bits in the later seasons.

The acting was the worst part. The dialogue was extremely awkward and they had to make sure to mention the person's name every two lines.

take your pick for scifi greatness...

what did you expect from a show called STD?

>Captains LOG

Good one.

Your shitposting isn't impressing me.

>what did you expect from a show called STD?
I expected not vomit from the slanted cameras, lens flares and every other effect they added.

This. 100 times this. The director should be publicly executed.

Was Star Trek ever good? The first series was okay because it was new and different, but by sci-fi standards it is fairly boring and watered down. So why would I expect a show piggy backing off of the success of a show from 55 years ago?

If you're not a trek fan than there is no reason for me to explain it's appeal. You wouldn't understand.

TNG motherfucker

True, but I always hear about Star Trek and Star Wars being the sci-fi classics when they really aren't the best, just the most popular.

Have you seen the recent Star trek movies? That's basically what those are. Why would they make the TV show different?

It's not action packed like a lot of sci-fi. The shows are focused on characters more than anything. If you find it boring, than you're not the target audience.

jews ruin everything, I used to think that was a conspiracy but its true every fucking time I look its jews forcing their propaganda down our throats.

written by
>Akiva goldsman
>Alex Kurtzman

And DS9

I was hoping they listened to the fans. Clearly not.

>Have you seen the recent Star trek movies? That's basically what those are. Why would they make the TV show different?
even JJ said he hated all those effects and apologized for it, CBS didnt get the memo even though fans also said they looked like ass.

Doesnt make sense that this ship exists at the exact same time as the enterprise.

it shows how they lack creativity like Axanar and Rogue one had to do retro style right

QT pls.

DS9 is my shit nigga. Dark and gritty is the way to go.

Where can I find this that ISNT fucking CBS. I'm not paying a monthly fee to watch one shitty show.

so you admit you hate women by objectifying them, way to go nazi.

They are on the new universe. Based off JJ's version. Not Roddenberry.

I don't think we watched the same show. Less action and very little "science" involved. It just hits on points about humanity and aspects of life, but the "sci-fi" part is simply a setting for all of that to take place. There is little to no science in the show.

TV/movie portrayal of sci-fi compared to novels is vastly different. It is almost always watered down so non-sci-fi fans can understand it.

I said it wasn't action-packed. Pay attention faggot

THIS SHOW IS GARBAGE. NOT WORTH PAYING A FUCKING PENNY. IF YOU SIGNED UP FOR A MONTHLY FEE, YOU JUST GOT FUCKED.

>I don't think we watched the same show. Less action and very little "science" involved. I
creators said at comicon their focusing less on scifi and exploration and more on interpersonal drama to get the Walking dead audience.

There is plenty of science. Albeit more pseudo-science than real shit, but to say the show doesn't have any science is retarded.

I don't judge anything from the first episode. Also, this new Star Trek has a lot to compete with in attention span, kids, teenagers and even some young adults can't keep their attention to plot for more then 40secs so they need explosions almost constantly.

I don't think it can be worse then Voyager.

> IF YOU SIGNED UP FOR A MONTHLY FEE, YOU JUST GOT FUCKED.
I get the service free from my job or payed for.

CBS access the pay for streaming service shows have commercials in their shows, for example I watched STD today and it had 14 minutes of commericals.

Ignore this. I read that differently.

>Albeit more pseudo-science than real shit, but to say the show doesn't have any science is retarded.
that is not science, i know you wanan defend this shitshow, but why bother being a loser defending a loser that is gonna get cancelled, start winning in life and stop losing user.

VOYAGER DIDNT CHARGE YOU A MONTHLY FEE. FUCK THIS GARBAGE SHOW

I never said you said it was action packed. Pay attention faggot.

>Why would they make the TV show different?
One thing that turned me off of this nutrek and onto orville was the visual presentation which is much slicker and cleaner than STD which looks like an 11 year old went nuts with video filters.

I don't like the show. I don't think we're on the same page user. Misunderstanding.

Which makes for a bland rehash of every other drama that is plugged into a random environment.

>drama IN SPACE
>drama in A ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE

>VOYAGER DIDNT CHARGE YOU A MONTHLY FEE. FUCK THIS GARBAGE SHOW
ehhhh id pay if it was voyager though, this show just sucks on so many levels, like using a new alien never seen before instead of i dunno the whole universe Roddenberry created because these creators hate star trek.

Hey I may be a fucking retard, but at least I use greentext newfag

Name a show not written directed or acted by Jews, and I'll show you Duck Dynasty...

Torrent it, you fucking retard.

>Which makes for a bland rehash of every other drama that is plugged into a random environment.
right and I think that is the problem where I see they want ratings but its the wrong fit using Trek and adding graphic violence, explicit sexual content, and profanity to get the audience.

Trek is a different kind of audience so they really missed the mark with delivering something anyone would want when people who like the walking dead are just going to watch their show, not a shitty knockoff.

>Name a show not written directed or acted by Jews, and I'll show you Duck Dynasty...
that does show why we need to start taking action against Jews, their just too fucked up with taking over shit with their propaganda to be allowed to go free.

I think my computer would kill itself.

Oh yeah this is a klingon now...

give it a couple hours to be uploaded and links to be indexed so you can search it.

Or dont, why torture yourself? Just watched this show and its like hate fucking a girl, I watched it and learned why everyone has been shitting on it since before it came out and dam they werent wrong.

#NotMyKlingon

Why don't you take action about how dumb and fat you are, loser.

you scared rabbi? You should be, now go spraypaint swastikas on your synagogue and play the victim card.

You two need a timeout. GTFO my thread

still looks like a black person. The TOS Klingons looked like arabs.

this is why your gonna get holocausted for real this time along with your fake museums on every corner like starbucks to spread your lies.

Star Wars has this problem too.

I was awaiting some massive cataclysm in the story that would explain how everyone went from 2010's technology and design, back to 1960's design, but they were fucking lazy and never bothered. Apparently CBS gives as little of a fuck as Star Wars, bc this this makes no sense.

I don't care that it looks like a black person. They've been played by black people since TNG. I just don't like the look overall.

No dude. This is the Prime universe, not the universe from Abrams abomination. This is direct from the shows producers.

The problem is that fans are not making these remakes. Executives are.

>mention the person's name every two lines.

That's an episode 1 exposition problem, I didn't mind that so much.

The problem was it was just not very interesting. It wasn't as cringey-bad as their advertising made it look like it was going to be.

Shit, as bad as Orville is, it was more interesting than this.

I thought they changed their mind on that. If this is the Prime universe I'm getting even more pissed. This shouldn't look more advanced than Voyager.

That it will go viral?
That it would be contagious?
That it would make sores grow on your dick?

>Star Wars has this problem too.
thats true but that was a limit on george lucas it seems who purposefully wanted to update it and said so, making him at least honest about his choice.

Oddly disney did get the retro look and feel right in Rogue one doing a great job there.

another fucking prequel, when will they stop with this shit?

>The problem was it was just not very interesting
And the camerawork, don't forget the slanty camera shots.

>That it will go viral?
YOU NOW HAVE A COMPUTER VIRUS!
signed-
Dr. Mantis Tobaggen

dude looks like a flying monkey from the Wizard of Oz.

I couldn't agree more. DS9 and Voyager did it right by continuing the timeline.

the holocaust is going to be caused by the new star trek series?

kind of a new fan as in last 2 years but when does ds9 take place? after TNG? that was probably one of the few shows that cold take place almost anytime since its about a space station.

Be fair, there was that one white one that got to light the fire.

Ha.

TOS Klingons were Chinese/Mongol looking.

couldnt be soon enough since everyone hates jews for their sneaky shit.

OP here again. I'm not a racist, but I feel the diversity agenda was pushed extra hard here. I think i saw maybe three white characters.One wasn't interesting. One didn't say anything. And one was a dick.

It's starts near the end of TNG and continues after.

I haven't seen it yet but could it have been somewhat salvaged had they set it in the post Voyager era and edited out the Sarek stuff? Debating if I should spend my time hate-watching it like the other user mentioned once the trackers are up. Sadly I'm a trek completest so I'll have to watch it at some point if they ever do more trek after this. But that would be some other time and probably buzzed and binged.

>I'm not a racist, but I feel the diversity agenda was pushed extra hard here
your just normal, noone sits through propaganda shit, that is what is normally forced on people, it rubs everyone the wrong way if your normal.

>that was probably one of the few shows that cold take place almost anytime since its about a space station.

nigger... did you even pay attention to the plot? seriously... GTFO.

i know alot of people hated ds9 since stuck on a space station but thought it was comfy af.

There is some DS9 haters. But a lot of people love the show, including me.

>nigger... did you even pay attention to the plot? seriously... GTFO.
ehhhh not really, i watched it in a random order and missed out that way. Think I should rewatch em in order so they make sense?

brofist, glad im not alone there i know its really old, but the effects and makeup are pretty good, i still wonder how they made odo look like that without cgi like today.

Yes.

According to an article from 3 days ago, this is Prime. So if someone did decide to make any changes it was last minute.
There was bound to be a "modern" depiction of the ship tech. As much as I'd have liked to see them use today's CG while still staying true to the TOS look, only the fans would have appreciated it. Every new ST creative staff has grand ideas about attracting new viewers even though the changes that they make usually fail to do so and drive away the existing fan base. That is why this prequel crap is such as mistake.

Ds9 is by far the best star trek then tng then voyager. Ds9 had an actual plot.

>brofist
Oh... . Nothing personal, but I can't be seen as afriend of yours. That would tarnish my user reputation.

>Star Trek spoof is more like Star Trek than Star Trek show.

It had it's moments. There were never really good TV sci-fi series other than that. Firefly for example, but to be fair Firefly was probably good because it was short and never had the time to get stale.

The usual. SJWs shitting all over yet another fandom. Man, I can't wait for the SJW fad to die off.

Damn. The fucked up big time. Are the Roddenberry's okay with this?

Gaise, have you watched The Orville yet?

thanks for calling me out on that user. It was my first Trek series, I thought it was like any other tv show with no over arching plot, but yea i noticed it watching it random that I dun goofed, will go back and check these out.

streaming new star trek right now

You're like the 20th person to mention Orville. I haven't gone around to it yet.

> I can't wait for the SJW fad to die off.
we need to kill it off like our ancestors would like the cancer it is remove it straight up from society.

stream fucking alien instead brah

Just finished, uh, procuring 1st ep. Watching now.

Go in with realistic expectations. It's 90's feeling trek with dick jokes. But if you have the right expectations it's great.

never watched startek seriously before and only watched this because my sister got me to. Overall it was kind of cool. there was a lot of moments where some characters just go full retard probably to get the plot moving.