Post good jazz albums that don't sound generic as fuck

Post good jazz albums that don't sound generic as fuck
pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

demonspawnblackcauldron.bandcamp.com/album/lobster-woman
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

overrated

That's probably the most generic jazz album of the big 3.

>very limited amount of improvisation with non-existent amounts of melodic/harmonic development to make up for it
>simplified grooves that take away any of the more subtle/dynamic aspects of jazz drumming (even though many examples in jazz show you can have both)
>large arrangement that weaves in parts like a first year music school kiddie
>a "variety" of different parts that play too close together instead of being more syncopated, thus not being taken full advantage of to create dance rhythms nor actual depth/complexity

It's literally outdated (even at the time), cliche dance music with no depth. The 60s equivalent of The Epic but not as bloated. Note how this album wasn't even that highly acclaimed when it came out; Downbeat gave it a 4/5 when just about any relatively decent record can nab a 5/5 from them (so don't give "le most acclaimed" garbage either). The Black Saint And The Sinner Lady didn't get praise until later by people who hadn't listened to more than a handful of jazz records and were too casual to fully digest the more intricate improvisations in real jazz music but also couldn't handle the depth in compositions of classical music.

>the big 3.
I'm afraid to ask what the other two are, in case I catch the autismo

You can go to any big music aggregate website to learn that the other two are Kind Of Blue and A Love Supreme.

>two of the biggest absolute meme albums
fug i catched the autismico

Could have been worse, I guess. Like, Bitches Brew and Head Hunters or some retarded combo like that.

demonspawnblackcauldron.bandcamp.com/album/lobster-woman

DEF THIS

HERE WE GO

this is why Jazz fags are the worst

why, because they shit on the meme albums you love

Looks like you had the autismo prior to having this discussion.

>putting modal jazz and "free" jazz before bebop, cool jazz and hard bop
>not autismalic
sure thing my dude

>liking music

not quite as raucous as Mingus, but this one might appeal to people who like TBSATSL

yikes, i guessed it

Miles Davis at the Plugged Nickel sounds pretty non-generic.

Also, overrated pseudo intellectual album

I bet that nigger can't solo over rhythm changes

holy shit y'all pretentious as fuck lmao

Try to keep track of the rhythm when shit goes down

>large areangements that weaves in parts like a first year music school kiddie

its like you want to hate this album

People have opinions that differ from yours, believe it or not.