Star trek discovery

star trek discovery

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4bkw69E_C4g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

*pukes*

Is the acting supposed to be completely horrendous across the board? Like, is that part of the "campy appeal" of Star Trek and it's just going over my head?

Both.

too bad the rest of show is only available on CBS all access.

Just finished the second episode.

Really appreciated the inclusion of the 40k universe.

Didn't really appreciate how that stupid fucking actress Ching-Ching Bing couldn't hold a prop gun steady and well enough to not look like a fucking idiot.

Didn't appreciate how everyone keeps passing the idiot ball around. Even when they pass it to themselves.

I did like how I'm-Not-A-Man-But-My-Name-Is Michael outwitted the ships computer.

I've always had a boner for Space Navy combat between ships. So this idea of Star-Trek: The War Years gives me a bigger boner than that sweet black bitch, Michael.

I'll give it a B. I'll watch next week.

also is the black chick supposed to be a boy or is my skin color preventing me from understanding the chinese captain because im racist?

her name is michael?

how deliciously progressive

I...think it's supposed to be a woman. And has always been. They refer to her as She in the show.

Not really clear why she has the name Michael. If it was a tranny that wanted to transition either way, you'd think it would change its name to something that matches.

I dunno if it's terrible across the board but Michelle Yeoh's performance is unwatchable.

I'd still fuck her into unconsciousness. The actress at least, since I know she's a woman. If her character is a dude that got his dick chopped off, then I'll have to strong pass.

I don't give a shit about STD, I just want ensign Daft-Punk to get her own show.
I want to watch her origins as a cyborg. How she is taken in by the federation. How she awkwardly lives at Starfleet Academy and interacts with her organic peers. I want to see her slowly showing emotions, flashing on her face-screens.

They can go shove their KANGZons and Commander Bix-Nood, just give me more Cyborg-fu.

Do you think her vagina vibrates?

It's supposed to be indicative of how name assignments change over the centuries I guess. Like how there could be names like Spider Jerusalem or Desolation Williams. In this case I think the writers were recalling how names like Meredith started as exclusively male names and gradually became more associated with women. Or like Sam or Jamie that are basically unisex.

Looked great, was what you would expect from TV Trek.

Does what it says on the tin, CBS presents a Star Trek television show. They're on target.

Sup Forums wants it to fail. It's nothing worth celebrating, but it's nothing worth calling the whole thing off on.

its fucking Hollywood written scifi u expected something Good?

The original fucking star trek was fucking shit when it comes to scifi it was just the only shit available so everyone ate it up

Never explored any deep ideas just maintain the status quo of the day and dont put any Ideas againts the current system out there FUCK HOLLYWOOD AND EVERYTHING THEY CALL SCIFI

"My body is fully modular, sir, with over 1382 possible combi-"
"Yes, thank you, that'll be all, Ensign."

Sup Forums here.

Much better than I thought it was going to be.

Couple of thoughts....

1. Around Blacks Never Relax. Seriously.

2. Two women can't decide what to do, one women attacks the other women. Uh......

3. Who is rooting against the Klingon's?

4. Life in prison for mutiny and attacking a fellow officer? In the "progressive" world? Vulcan's live for 200+ years.

5. They finally used the "why don't we use the transporter to transport a bomb" tactic. Great, I wonder if they will use this tactic again?

Honestly, who is rooting against the Klingon's?

As soon as I found out it was exclusive to CBS All Access I dropped it so hard, and I wasn't that into it in the first place. More like Star Trek: DOA.

Well that was fucking stupid. Guess I'll watch fucking Orville, Orville is a really shitty Star Trek show, but at least it's Star Trek.

Discovery is just Generic Sci Fi Action Show.

Nobody takes Sup Forums memes seriously, it's a simple formula. If it looks promising, it's shit. If it looks like it might get cancelled, it's worth fighting for. If it's remembered for being hated, it might get a revised interpretation (see SW prequels). If it's something that's stayed mostly obscure for long enough, you might finally get an honest opinion. Like how everyone basically agrees now that Elementary > Sherlock.

I am rooting against their god awful new design, outfits, and weapons.

JJ got outplayed

WHY DOES HE HAVE A PUSSY FOR A NOSE

cant get good looking scifi + DEEP THOUGHT PROVOKING SCIFI CHOOSES ONE

>2017-09-25-0225-32.webm: File too large (file: 2.13 MB, max: 2 MB).

>Error: File too large.

michael is her last name right? kinda ruined the immersion for me when theyve got everyone calling her by her first name. seems half assed.

>Honestly, who is rooting against the Klingon's?
The writers made it clear early on that they wanted the Klingon outlook of individualism and conflict being preferable to collectivism and harmony wouldn't be judged as wrong, just a different way of living. They wanted to show what happens when ideologies collide, not one eventually proving to be better.

I would prefer to leave it undiscovered and just continue to watch Star Trek pre-JJ Abrams influence or direct control.

MICHAEL

It appears so, Satan

Is that the cast of the new Planet of the Apes?

Michael is the first name.

Episode 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Episode 1

/p-pol/ here too. I liked the show. SJW levels seemed lower than I thought.

Then again I am new to sci-fi and star trek. Maybe it's for normies?

What's a Better sci-fi show? I enjoyed this one.

Sherlock is trash but that doesn't make Elementary good. Miller is a good actor, though.

They'll reverse course on that shit in a heartbeat if they don't like the numbers they pulled at the end of the season but are getting middling or better reviews.

CBS is not in imminent danger of losing their place among the major networks because of this or anything. Corporate television doesn't work like that any more. It's a super safe bet that might even pay out something for them.

But, sure, it would be absolutely terrible to have a Star Trek series that isn't at the top of the ratings every week and only sticks around for a few forced seasons because of a small, devoted, deluded batch of steadfast fans. You'd have to be some kind of turbosperg to want that.

His movies were better than the entire TNG movie run with the sole exception of First Contact.

That isn't saying much, to be fair.

oh, well they fucked that up, i remember the other star treks vaguely but i do recall pretty clearly that everyone was called by their rank or position, as you would expect in a military setting.

>5. They finally used the "why don't we use the transporter to transport a bomb" tactic. Great, I wonder if they will use this tactic again?

Voyager did it to the Borg once. It only works if shields are down.

ds9 for sure.

>Sherlock is trash but that doesn't make Elementary good.
No but Elementary was able to stand on its own without needing Sherlock to fail. Finally a show that does an episodic format instead of jumping on the seasonal arc bandwagon. Also more in keeping with the original Holmes shorts by Doyle.

Why was everyones outfit blue with no rank insignia and everyone used first names. I have no fucking idea what anyone was supposed to be other than captain, first officer, and what I assume was science officer.

BSG reboot is kind of similar to Discovery
Trek (DS9, TNG... and TOS if 60s acting doesn't bother you. also the even-numbered movies up until First Contact, which was the last good Trek movie)
The Expanse is okay but the SJW levels are really high.

Pretty sure I heard her called Commander Burnham.

patrician pun my senpai

It's saying enough. A step up is a step up.

i wonder if they're going to incorporate pickle rick into the show at all. thoughts? I think they just might be. the absolute madmen. can't wait for this!!!!!!!!!!!! 111!1!1!1!1!!

But guys, Reddit liked the premiere. Surely you don't disagree?

My sides

I love the skewed compositons, how they didnt let any shot linger for more than 3 seconds, and how they used a white klingon to explore racism. He literally burned himself because klingon society told him he was the wrong color! BRILLIANT.

>guys I totally go to reddit and read reddit posts and take screenshots of reddit comments
>b...but OTHER people are redditors, not me!

so why the fuck do i know her first name?

look, i don't i have a problem with it, i'm just saying it seems forced.

>REMAIN Klingon, not REMAN Klingon!

im not reading that

Farengi approved delivery method for this series.

Yes I did in fact take a screenshot of Reddit comments, great detective work there bud!

i am sure they wil drop it like a hot potato. they had that concept in SGA and gave up on after 10 minutes. too powerful not retarded.

is that thing even organic in any way? This thing is so over the fucking top, I'm guessing it's a robot. It even has the fucking ship's name on its head.

tfw no fun trek games ever again

>bc.webm 1506322372241.webm: File too large (file: 2.82 MB, max: 2 MB).

this

>Meredith started as exclusively male names
wut?

>Sup Forums here
>reddit spacing

Back to /r/the_donald, kiddo

Someone please just explained to me why the Vulcans randomly adopt a human instead of sending her back to Earth? Like what the fuck?

>doesnt play STO
Kys my faggot friend

>5. They finally used the "why don't we use the transporter to transport a bomb" tactic. Great, I wonder if they will use this tactic again?
youtu.be/4bkw69E_C4g

>make the Klingons so black your TV steals itself
>"they all look ugly and the same"
hmmm......

I dunno, I just remember hearing both. I also know all the TNG characters' first names.

>new... weapons.

Bish, ru retarded?

hand-phasers
Phaser cannons.
photon torpedoes.

So Serek can molest and rape her. Serek loves those human bitches.

emotion informs my logic. what a triumph.

omfg i never knew i had these feelings.

damn you user.

You guys seem to like these Reddit posts so I'll keep sharing them

>Meredith is a Welsh given name, and a surname common in parts of Wales. As a personal name, it was until recently usually given to boys.

I just checked the general there. Most of the hightest-rated comments are deeply critical of it. It's only the brief "lol i've never watched star trek bcuz its for neckbeards, but i liked STD" in between.

It's basically Vulcan for cunt logic.

bryan fuller likes to give female characters male names

mmos have been dog shit since 2005

Even comparing this to BSG is unfair.

>omg what do they want?
>literally just more 90s trek
>UNPOSSIBLE!!!!!!11111eleven

Based Sup Forums

>be the 21st century.
>have some decent drones being developed.
>Most need to be controlled by people
>Be the year 2256
>Send out a living human in a fragile space suite to do a fly-by and get readings from an unidentified object,
>Person almost dies.

Durrrrr

No idea, it's also possible she's an alien wearing a suit + cybernetics.

I know, right? She had zero lines and only a few scenes, but I'm more interested in her than entire rest of the cast. Only the alien science officer comes close.

Newfags that can't download via IRC...remember to wipe front to back

so..... the pickle rick thing?

think they'll do it?

>plz respond

What no space boys in spandex? I need a Wesley Crusher fix?!

Damn I am out for this one.

Ffs. For once in star trek, beam the enemy crew into space.

The transporter is the most deviating weapon in the entire series, and yet they beam security forces in to deal with a threat instead of beaming the threat into the brig.

Honestly, if the borg were on their game they would just get a ships shields down and beam the entire crew into assimilation pods.

Guys they can't get everything right

>Benjamin, I'm pretty sure this guy has only seen a few episodes of TNG and can only hear Picard's voice in his head when he thinks of TV Trek. >I think you're right, old man. He's a complete buffoon. TOS and TNG were the only ones that did that extensively. DS9, VOY and ENT all used titles, but they also used more familiar names amongst themselves extensively to create stronger bonds to fuel greater drama. It worked wonderfully and organically in DS9. Janeway's neverending TAAAHMS, ARRRRYS, CHOCK COAT AYYYYS, BLLLLAAHNAS, TWWWOVAHKS and Snneven of Niyans helped you get to the place where you had given up enough to make it through the rest of the series pretty quickly.

How about we want no more remakes.
We have had enough fucking Brady Movies and shit that Hollywierd thinks is good.

Go to a fucking librabry and ask folks what they are actually reading?

How about listen to ypur fans for once and don't cancel DS9 in the middle of the Dominion Wars or cancel Firefly. When we LOVE some thing keep making more of it. How about trying contact with some Top Tier fantasy and Sci Fi authors? Mercedes Lackey has yet to have a series or film made of her wonderful body of work. Gay is big time popular so try making the Last Herald Mage in to a series or film?

For God sake just don't make another Thing Crow or True Grit or Ghost busters with an all female cast. Get it?

>his movies were better than those movies everyone dislikes, but worse than that movie that everyone likes
Thanks for the info.

>So this idea of Star-Trek: The War Years
It was called DS9.

It suffers from the same problem the enterprise pilot did.

>People know klingons, lets have those.
>You know what Star Trek is known for? War!
>The overwritten main character is the least sympathetic and interesting one (Archer, Micheal)
>Handwave away canon and tech levels

That said, production values for the first ep were decent. The preview for the rest of the series looks significantly cheaper.

I wanted a future full of hope, and instead I got one of depression and death.

yaaaaaass queen, kills a battle hardened alpha klingon in armor without even knowing how.

I never liked those filthy Andorians either.

Humanity became more hands on later. Otherwise there'd be no reason to even send ships, just probes. Archer made a point about this on Enterprise.

Its okay, but not seeing as Star Trek, prob will still watch it, just hoping it becomes more trek, as this seems eh.

>show is called Discovery
>it's just going to be about Klingons the entire time because that's all normies can handle

I'm sure there'll be a tribble episode at some point, probably alongside a zany snapchat filter, but the rest is going to be "muh klingon war"

No problem. ;^)