Thoughts on the new Everything Everything album?

Thoughts on the new Everything Everything album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zQdglLeGQXM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's okay. I'd probably give it a 7.1

It's good, but a definite step down from Get to Heaven. I feel like it'll be a grower though.

Not as good as Get to Heaven

Just as good as Get to Heaven, but less catchy

It's fucking great. Get to Heaven is a bit stronger on the whole but Night of the Long Knives, Ivory Tower, and White Whale give it a run for its money. Wasn't too keen on initial listen but it's certainly grown on me, probably my 2nd favorite album by them.

It's about as good as GtH, but it lacks something I just can't put my finger on compared to GtH

Familiarity?

Fantano's approval

Right now I'm leaning

Afd - 4/5
Gth - 4.5/5

listening right now
Desire is fucking good man

Listening, loving the first 2 tracks

hit me up with a link family

It's out, go on spotify

>IIIIIII'VE BEEEEEEEN SLEEEEEEEEPIIIIIING

I'M IN MY IVORY TOWER
I'M IN MY IVORY IVORY
I'M IN MY IVORY IVORY I'M IN
I'M IN MY IVORY TOWER
I'M IN MY IVORY IVORY
I'M IN MY IVORY TOWER
I'M IN MY IVORY IVORY
I'M IN MY IVORY TOWER
I'M IN MY IVORY IVORY
I'M IN MY IVORY TOWER
I'M IN MY IVORY IVORY

great song

This song and those last chords at Big Game are the warmest thing I've heard in the whole year.

Side 2 afd > Side 2 gth

Maybe one day I'll understand the middle section of Put Me Together

Right after my first listen, I feel like it's much more consistent than GtH but doesn't quite reach the same heights.
I should give it a couple more listens, though. Great album. Love the atmosphere.

Felt a bit front and back loaded, and the middle was not as good. Will def grow on me though,
Ivory Towers is a fucking jam

Basically my thoughts exactly. Does that mean they're tied?

DUDE LASERS LMAO

It's warmer and less angry than expected but some moments still hit hard. It probably needs to grow on me. Hard to top GtH though so I'm happy with it.

upvote

H

They are back to save indie pop....
I love it, probably will have some of my all time favourites of theirs on there over time.

*deletes Big Game*

Fleet foxes already saved it tho

What will Fantano give it?

Light to decent 7

Strong 10

I really like it but I can't decide if I prefer it to Get To Heaven.
Night of the Long Knives and Run the Numbers are probably my favourite tracks from it at the moment.

Doubt he'll put it above GTH

I really really enjoy it but I still think GtH is better. There were more songs off GtH that I could really jam to. And GtH kinda got me into Everything Everything.
Favorite tracks off Afd are probably Night of the long knives and Ivory tower although Can't do has a tendency to get stuck in my head the most.

It feels very "rainy" if that makes sense

I N F L A T E D
N
F
L
A
T
E
D

O B J E C T I V E
B
J
E
C
T
I
V
E

MA 7
Arc 6.7
GtH 7.8
AfD 7.5

best thing they've released, simple as

Judi finished it. The second half is way better than the front and holy shit that closer was atmospheric and amazing

Wow the opener is fucking great
Wew

>review doesn't really mention any problems with the album
>7.1
genius, pitchfork truly is the #1 authority on music

It's a band with four white English males what do you expect

I had to come to terms with the fact that it wasn't a hyper-intense GtH-album. It's pretty good, it has the bleakness of Arc with less pop. Lyrically I think GtH still takes the cake, and has more interesting moments overall, but it's pretty solid. It's not an album where I'd pick any random song to listen too, but as a whole it's pretty good.

It's their most atmospheric album I'd say
The production is excelleng

Excellent*

YOUR

LOVE

IS

THE WHITE WHALE

Closer game still the best

I like it, feels more like Arc than GtH to me
I would give it a 7.5

The opener and closer are my faves

I love Get to Heaven and this one, but can't get into Man Alive or Arc at all.

Kinda same, though I love some songs from Arc
Man Alive is too all over the place

I'M AT THE BORDER AT THE AT THE BORDER

Top 3 songs:
1. Good Shot, Good Soldier,
2. Night of the Long Knives
3. Run the Numbers

this

1. Night of the Long Knives
2. Desire
3. A Fever Dream

+

It's fucking spectacular. But it was never going to be anything less. EE are the best band in the UK right now.

It was good, not as good as Get To Heaven though. best three tracks:
1. Can't Do
2. White Whale
3. A Fever Dream

holy fuck his singing in the beginning of A Fever Dream gives me chills

Not as good as GtH and definitely a grower. I first put in as their weakest but now would have to say on par with Man Alive.

You know what's up, put Ivory Tower up there as well

Honestly, I wasn't super impressed with Ivory Tower. Still a good song, but I just don't like it as much as other songs on the album

I'll upvote that

honestly i think the mood of the album has a very measured progression. I feel like the experience is more whole than GtH but maybe sacrifies the gut punching emotional messyness that the album had. though like many others have said i think i still need a few more listens.

That said, AFD is fucking fantastic nonetheless, i was really hyped for this album and it deffinitely didn't disappoint. I fucking love this band and i really want to see them live.

there are definitely no REGRETS REGRETS here

Thought they said they weren't doing bonus tracks.

1. Desire
2. Run The numbers
3. Put Me Together

I agree, the tone of the album feels a bit more averaged out than GtH - the highs aren't as high, but the lows aren't as low, either.

I've had the pleasure of seeing EE live, just after GtH came out. Their live performance of "Don't Try" really sealed the deal for me, Higgs is an incredible vocalist that I wish I was half as good as.

Love the mood and atmosphere.
Very rainy feel like said
Overall I think it's their best release so far as a whole album. Very consistent although there are some definite stand out tracks. I don't think there are any bad tracks either and the album flows very nicely as a whole.

This, but replace Fever Dream with Ivory Tower

Finally realized what piano on New Deep reminded me of lmao
youtube.com/watch?v=zQdglLeGQXM

Did anyone else notice that the guitar near the end of "Big Game" sounds like the one from "Yuppie Supper"? I thought that was really cool!

Favorite song on the album? Can only pick one

Good Shot, Good Soldier

Noticed this right away. Great contrast with the rest of the slow song to build up to.

augh you have no idea how jelly i am, i actually missed them during their GtH tour here in France, so i hope they'll do another one

Agreed.

triggrd, that review was such shit
"I love it I think it's really good, but I'm not going to talk about the music just the lyrics and then not give any reason it's a 7.1 and no downsides"