I would like to become a commercial airline pilot

I would like to become a commercial airline pilot.

1) what are the requirements? (education wise, etc)

2. How much would it cost total for all flying related classes and certification?

3. How long would it take from starting flying classes... To the very day you are flying a commercial aircraft for the first time?

4. How much do they get paid per year? How many days off? How many hours do they work a week? What does the typical day look like for them?

5. What are the typical benifets for the job?

Other urls found in this thread:

boeing.com/commercial/aeromagazine/articles/qtr_2_07/article_03_2.html
google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/checkpoint/wp/2016/01/19/more-u-s-military-drones-are-crashing-than-ever-as-new-problems-emerge/
google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/time/2906548/drone-crashes/?source=dam
twitter.com/AnonBabble

100k aud for training will get you in twins for 70kpa income for 10 years. At which point you'll be automated.

There's strong affirmative action for females asians and blacks. So it's harder if you're white.

Entrance to good schools or cadetships are competitive. 99 percent asians.

Basically dont bother.

PPL
CPL
Twin ratings
Instructor hours
ATPL
Turbine endorsements

Don't even start unless you have about 100k read to rock. Or it'll be a waste of time

I know plenty of 30 year old pilots who do most of their flying for free because they couldn't afford a scholarship and are stuck at rural or regional airports and don't have the hours to get in to a jet.

Can't train on a plane without a job. Can't get a job without the hours. Egg and chicken. The job

Also epic ongoing medical testing

IF you can get in to the military. I highly recommend that route. Navy helicopter pilot would be a good choice right now.

Look up airline cadetships. It's one of the only ways it'll work.

Planes will never be fully automated ... millions of people would die ... computers cannot make judgment calls when sensor equipment fails ... hence Air France in Brazil ... computer dove plane because airspeed indication failure

I would NOT like a female or a black flying my place. Females already drive like shit with cars... And blacks aren't fully human so they'll probably crash that shit.

Asians ok

You're a retard. They have literally been automated since the 70's. Look up autoland

Additionally. Drones

The only reason they won't be automated, even though newer satellite navigation tech is fucking perfect.. is because its not cost effective yet. You can't regear entire aircraft fleets and they have 20 year lifecycles.

In 10 years you'll see the start of it. No question. The only reason they wouldn't is because the cost of the pilot is fuck all. They're paying small carrier pilots 75kpa in Australia.. not even the average wage. The days of 500kpa Cathay Pacific captains is dying fast as a result.

Learn the tech of fuck off.

I investigated airline crashes you asshole I know the technology ... if sensors fail the computer cannot correct ... I've built models ... you moron. And no one would fly on a plane if there was no pilot ... drones are expendable so you don't hear about all their failures ... if you have 300 people on a plane you'll hear about it

And also the pilot union is one of the strongest unions ... it will never let full automation happen .. auto land sure they have that but anything over the crosswind minimum auto land blows dick

>I investigated air crashes
Watched aircrash investigation

>I build models
I used elastic bands to attach the wings to my electric $200 park flyer.

Child please. Your emotional 'people won't ever' argument.. projected 10 years in to the future.. is laughable. 10 years ago we didn't have iPhones. A lot of shit changes in short periods of time

You could start with PPL then become an instructor. It's all self paces granted you have the money. But there are ways to save money. More self teaching, online programs and the sorts. Each hour in the plane is money/About 200for a flight with an instrucor and 50-60 for just instructor time.

I'm not emotional I'm just telling you ...NTSB for 5 years now so far all the crashes of all jets minus people being terrorists are computer error followed by pilots failing to realize the computer failed ... I understand your argument about technology advancement but an airliner isn't a drone ... I'm telling you military drones fail all the time you just don't hear about it ... nigga I can't even get solid wifi in places you think communication to auto planes will work come on

Bitch please, you have no idea what you're talking about. AF447 was caused by pilot error after some sensor malfunctions. Had the pilots followed protocol like a computer does then it would not have crashed.

The computer dove the plane gradually because it was reading loss of airspeed

Prime example of auto pilot making pilots shitty if they were not on auto pilot and flying the plane they would have known the situation

Boeing estimates human error in aviation accidents are 80%: boeing.com/commercial/aeromagazine/articles/qtr_2_07/article_03_2.html

Go back to trolling avherald.

Read the Wikipedia synopsis you dumb fuck.

LOL uses Wikipedia as a true source ... haha

Post a more reliable source proving your thesis.

google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/checkpoint/wp/2016/01/19/more-u-s-military-drones-are-crashing-than-ever-as-new-problems-emerge/

google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/time/2906548/drone-crashes/?source=dam

No. A source on AF447. You're comparing apples and pears.

Just stop. No need to embarass yourself further.

Drones suck and reliability of wifi communication is worse

Stop smoking weed, bra

>. How much would it cost total for all flying related c

I'm a commercial pilot in northern EU who is just switching companies from regional to mainline carrier. I'm gonna answer your questions from how I experienced it.

1. Just that you are a normal healthy person with no criminal record and you've graduated from basic school. Some schools might have a bit tighter requirements, but that's how it is in most countries here.

2. Around 100k, you can always take a loan, it will be worth it when you get a job flying. I took a loan and it had 18 years of time to pay back.

3. Around 2,5-3 years.

4. Varies a lot with the airline. Regional airlines around here pay 36.000 euros a year for new recruits, and it will increase to around 120.000 when you get higher ranked. Around 12 days off per month. And we fly for some 600h/year. In the mainline airlines you get paid a lot more, and you have more days off. Standard salary for captains in mainline is around 144.000 and up.
A normal day starts with the check-in 1h before the flight, and then you go over the weather and conditions for the route, the route in itself, the airports, the passengers, etc. Then you go to the plane with the crew and prepare it for the flight. After you are done for the day you go home, simple as that!

I work in the aviation community and the top 2 causes are human error from neglecting proper mechanical maintenance and pilot error. That is all.