Protesting the National Anthem is just disgusting to me

Protesting the National Anthem is just disgusting to me.

Get over yourself. All US citizens have the right to peaceful protest.

Don't tell me you're rectum ravaged over kneeling and also fine with white supremacists carrying Nazi flags.

They're both peaceful protesters and both are entitled to that right.

Pro Tip: Protest their protest by not watching the NFL.

Who gives a fuck. I never stand for the anthem because guess what... that's freedom, baby.

I'm from the US and I can't really say I have any respect for this flag or this country.

I can move anywhere in the world and live where I like. I'm not some hillbilly shithead who has never left his home town/city.

Grow up and see the world. Patriotism is just fucking stupid in 2017.

>I can move anywhere in the world and live where I like.
False, you would need to apply for citizenship in that country.

>I can move anywhere in the world
Yet you continue to live in the US. Maybe there's some things about the US that are uniquely good and worth celebrating?

This. All a bunch of hot air from trumpflakes because they mad. They mad that the downald is turing out to be just another shit bag politician who has the sword of damacylies haning over his head by a thread.

>mfw this thread

I agree. Being a US citizen has many benefits. For example, the ability to travel just about anywhere without worry of being harassed by the authorities of a given country.

Not that guy: That being said, I'm getting pretty fucking tired of watching people throw their trash out their car window on the highway or watching sacks of meat bash each other on black Friday for a TV. It really starts weighing on you when you've seen the lifestyles in Europe and Asia.

Patriotism isn't stupid and you'll find it in any of the other countries tries you go to. Nationalism is the retarded one.

>giving a shit about football

I'm working on getting French citizenship right now. It's way harder to find gay sex parties in the US than it is in France

yea and ... you are on Sup Forums bro ... i thought you could handle disgusting stuff

stfu and tell me how to triforce

\" ▲
▲▲\"

I have a friend just like you.

It's okay if you don't have a sense of patriotism, but is it really that hard to have some respect for the people who do? Some people just feel really proud of belonging to a certain place, it doesn't really hurt nobody if it isn't taken to an extreme.

No, patriotism is definitely retarded as well.

Don't stay in my country gauchiste de merde

stop reposting this fucking thread

reminder that you can reply to call op a faggot without bumping the thread by typing "sage" in the options field

tell it user

faggot

Why? Patriotism is the biggest waste of energy, and bitching and moaning about perceived threats to said patriotism puts you on the level of tumblrites

>Caring about where you live is stupid

Patriotism isn't just a sense of pride in your country, it's supposed to be a sense of shared community. Patriotism is an obligat ion to serve your country and try to make it better.

I think that's the difference. You're thinking of patriotism as something they sell to us with flags made in China and yellow ribbon bumper stickers. Youre right, that is stupid. But defending and improving your country is something everyone should be doing.

exactly.

they're not protesting the anthem though... it's just when they're doing their protest...

do you idiots really believe they're protesting the anthem?

I'm an Ameri-clap and I couldn't give two shits. I will always stand, but I know that while the country is great, out government is the most corrupt country at the moment. So if people feel better about not standing, so what. It won't change anything. It is just in the news so you stop looking at what is really happening around you.

Too bad that isn't the definition of patriotism in this country. Try opening your eyes

A dude was fingering a 19 year old autopsied corpse on here a few hours ago, but its the kneeling that OP just can't take.

>people have died for your right to protest so you shouldn't protest
What fucking logic is this shit?

If any of these ball chasing mongoloids had to explain why they are protesting, they wouldn't be able to form a complete sentence let alone make a compelling point. Here's an idea. You have access to millions of Americans via your social media accounts. Make your point there. Explain what you think is wrong with this country. You won't, because your fat steroid filled fingers can't type and you're likely too brain damaged to make an argument that makes any sense.

>mfw OP pic is Tebow praying

the dichotomy of the mind of the idiot...
feigned outrage. cognitive dissonance. racism.

Nationalization is the reason for wars you dumb fuck. Oh hur de dur I was born on this dirt I must fight for it and I must kill other people for their patch of dirt. We're all the same species on the same planet. Look at the bigger picture people

>I will always stand
I'd bet you don't stand @ home.

this

I do, and I take off my hat, eat my freedom fries and victory burger, and cry manly tears.

Flag burning is just around the corner, looks like you better start packing extra underwear for when you start shitting yourself over that

that sort of killing was happening WAY before the first nation was constructed.
it's also present in most animal communities.

Yeah only watch what Trump tells you to watch

i will protest, while i make millions to run with a weird ball in my hand.
fucking ridiculous....

This muh national anthem shit is cringy as fuck. Only ameritards can be so easily triggered.

kek

>You need to be proud of this bit of rock you were born on. Why? Because you were born on it REEEEE

Respecting people who've lost their lives upholding what's good=/=blind patriotism. Land of liberty, but only if you agree with what I say.

1) this entire shit is stupid
2) burning the flag is a perfectly legal way to be an attention whore

I did my 4 years in the military. These fucks and cucks are free to shit on everything they want to. You fags that have never risen a hand to defend their freedoms can fuck off. Go eat dicks or whatever pathetic permanent civilians get up to. Stop rabble rousing because some kids don't like the president. There's always folks that hate the president. It's fucking expected. Don't act like people need to get bent out of shape about it.

>Patriotism isn't just a sense of pride in your country, it's supposed to be a sense of shared community
LOL, unless that community contains niggers/jews/"commies"/SJWs/other people you don't like, right? Patriotism, like nationalism, is pride for people who don't have anything to be proud of personally.

>animal communities
somewhat, but not to the extent of man. animals have territories and maintain their spots through violence if there's an encroaching visitor. but they do not expand and conquer other tribes for their resources.
>nation
just another word for tribe. man has been doing this since their creation, but it has always been with a close-knit community, to expand that community or help their people in some way.

>Look at the bigger picture
>"Hey guise it's nationalism what's causing all the evil in the world!"

Yeah, right, because no war has ever started because of economic reasons, personal decisions, or even worse, drugs.

Being proud of the place you were born ≠ Justifying any war.

All I'm saying is have some respect for the people who do feel proud, I don't care if you feel it too.

OP you're a retard.

>have some respect for the people who do feel proud
Why should anyone respect people who haven't earned any?

>personal decisions, or even worse, drugs.
drugs is a bad reason to go to war? in attempt to oust those supplying the drug, or to take over the resources? I would say petty personal reasons is the worst reason to go to war (see: Trojan war).

but user's right... it comes down to nationalim most times. it's an "us against them" mentality the state builds up in its people regardless of their ulterior motive. they're usually started in some greedy attempt at taking what is someone else's by force, for your nation.

Not the user but I think you see nationalism as different things. He see's it as isolationism and inward thinking, you see it as protecting your own. In reality I think you can be nationalistic and still want to do well by others, but often nationalistic movements follow the mantra of 'I'm alright Jack' and I think that's what the other user was suggesting.

Hurr durr national anthem hurr durr. Fucking idiot. Culture is an anachronism. Religion is an anachronism. Nationalism is for motherfucking sure, a total anachronism.

Yeah... Why you upset over this? There are literal neo-nazis around spitting on the graves of those who died for their freedom

Pic related

Now we understand why you dislike patriotism gay boy.

It was for me. 9/11 happened, I joined up, thought it was the right thing to do.

You ever do anything for someone besides yourself?

>people died so you can protest!
>Stop protesting!
Lolwut

obviously a lot of people care or it wouldn't be in the fucking news all weekend. are you dense?

>worried about this, but not concerned about trump and nK pissing and moaning
wut

>a lot of people care

feigned outrage. if it were someone else, they wouldn't give a shit or even notice.

You got conned good, boy.

That's a big reach dude, hope you stretched first.

>FYI new stations decide what to show you. they control the stories and the spin.
free yourself

Who are these "people", and why do they lack education?

>You ever do anything for someone besides yourself?

Not the user you spoke to, but by your standards I'm extremely patriotic. I volunteer for social/environmental causes and I push for political reform both for the betterment of my country and country men. That said, I don't think I agree with the idea that respect for certain groups specifically needs to be part of it. Respect for others is nice, but not part of bettering one's country. I hate my flag and I hate my national anthem and I often hate self proclaimed 'patriots', that doesn't mean I want this country to burn or to shit on people for thinking otherwise or anything.

if the news didn't cover it, it probably wouldn't be discussed again.

A country requires patriotism and nationalism in order to survive. If the entire country doesn't have either of those things, why would ANYONE fight to protect this country? If no one fights to protect the country, why would it survive foreign invasion or even survive corrupt leaders that no one likes? The first thought would just be to abandon the country when it gets bad because you have no sense of loyalty to it.

Someone without patriotism or nationalism will only fight to protect their loved ones on a personal level. And then if that's the case, they might as well just go to Canada if things get bad. People like you will just doom this country.

>Culture is an anachronism
>All that matters is my personal comfort
>Nihilism is cool, Rick and Morty told me so.

Implying he's wrong is a much bigger reach tbh.

>out government is the most corrupt country
This is what it is to not have a fucking clue

>they do not expand and conquer other tribes for their resources

What country do you live in and what reforms are you advocating, out of curiousity?

It's odd that you hate your flag and national anthem.

globalist spotted.

This reminds me a lot of the "you need religion to have morality; what else keeps you from stealing and murdering?" argument tbh. I can want to help and improve my community and all those things just fine without patriotism. I live in a bordertown, so half the people i consider my community are not from my country. Lack of patriotism helps in such a case.

Tl;dr: be good to the people around you - no special club needed for that

Alex Jones plz go

>damacylies
you leftist retards are a diamond dozen

He's not wrong though.

NFL is actually an acronym for
Niggers
Fucking
Lack

Godamn Niggers smell bad

Because it doesn't hurt to be nice.

I do understand the point, that's why I said that being proud isn't a valid reason for justifying a war (even though it happens)

I wasn't even talking about nationalism to begin with, it was the other guy who brought it up. And I do understand the concept, maybe it isn't the most accurate word to describe what I'm trying to say, but it comes close.

If someone feels proud of being born in X place, let them be. I do not think that being proud of the place you were born in has to inmediately turn into you starting wars with everyone else, or not being able to have some respect for those who were born in Y place.

UK, proportional representation and issues around corporate taxation/status as entities.

I hate my flag an national anthem because I only ever see it weaponised. It's never the symbol for anything positive, it's used to either virtue signal ('LOOK HOW PATRIOTIC WE ARE GUYS') or attack certain groups. Don't hate someone hanging it outside their house or whatever, but in it's official usage I think it doesn't represent the values I align myself too and so I don't understand why I should be proud of it. Same for the national anthem, to love either for their ties to the UK is to ignore the context of their use for the sake of blind patriotism.

when there's a firewall on all media that basically just push USA USA all the time, it's not uncommon for its people to be unaware of worldly atrocities...

most Americans know very little of the outside world, because the media doesn't care to share all the things going on outside, because that doesn't bring in the ratings (viewership). pop news, scandals, whatever everyone is upset about atm... those are the stories that bring in viewers and money and profit.

of course someone from america that doesn't know what's going on in Venezuela or Somalia or wherever else is going to think their government is the most corrupt, because they don't have much to compare it to.

what species besides man and ants covers the entirety of the world?

>Because it doesn't hurt to be nice.
Being nice =/= respecting someone.

Jews

those fall under man.

>animal communities
>somewhat, but not to the extent of man. animals have territories and maintain their spots through violence if there's an encroaching visitor. but they do not expand and conquer other tribes for their resources.

Wrong. Go watch a nature documentary.

'You MAa wite boyyy'?

THE LAST TIME I WATCHED THE NFL OR GAVE A SHIT ABOUT ANYTHING RELATED WAS NEVER SAGE

>nk and trump actually means anything
It's a political game underage fag, nothing will happen.

NFL marketing shill detected.

You should solve your problems with this country by getting the fuck out then or washing your mouth with buckshot. We're tired of hearing about people like you.

The coordinated distraction between Trump and Russian shills/bots is really obvious now.

Why? Because Mueller is tightening the screws and Russia knows their return on investment is about to be negative. Facebook, Twitter and Reddit are cooperating with Mueller, Russians are in full panic.

Absolutely best post all year. Love the picture.

What?

Autism speaks. Hows those rallys going liberal? Wanna know what no nationalism looks like? Look at sweden and germany, at least sweden is starting to wake the fuck up from this liberal trash meme.

Microorganisms, and they have us beat by a lot.

It isn't nice to disrespect the national anthem.

Brainwashed CNN liberal spotted

There's very little difference.