>Conscious hip hop
Paradox

Literally all of these are Progressive Rocks subgenres

emotionally honest post

po po wanna kill us fo sho

pop > rap > rock > metal

>the metal isn't rock meme

fuck off nerd

Right but they sound nothing like what people would think of if you asked them to think of a "progressive rock" band.

IDM > Prog Rock > Post Rock == WyPiPo wan us ded

ghoulain synthetic rock > ionian mix-mode progish > auditory classical break beat

Conscious hip-hop is utter garbage and way worse than all the gangster rap shit. It suffers from even less musical complexity and energy (which you wouldn't think would be possible with hip-hop but conscious garbage never ceases to amaze me really), and the lyrical compositions are just as juvenile and unexpressive, except with conscious garbage the niggers actually pretend to be smart. Now if I'm forced to listed to absolute idiots talk over the most basic beat, I'd rather just have the idiots be idiots than idiots trying to pretend to be the "smart boys" while tripping over their baggy pants.

How would you fix conscious hiphop? Is it a doomed genre?

It's a doomed genre by virtue of what it stands for. I can't imagine anyone with even the slightest interest in music dedicating their time to listening to some guy talk for 10 minutes about how "I read a book. I am loyal to my girl. You're not. I am smart" over a beat that has the production budget of 3 packets of microwave popcorn.

Do you consider the genre to be too preachy or the fact that the message it delivers is just too lazy?
Do you think it fulfills its mission of directing the black youth to a better life?
It's something I've wondered, all those rappers telling kids to stay away from the streets and shit but I don't really see any kid actually giving a damn about that.

You're generalising music. A lot of artists who people consider "conscious" reject the term. Ironically, you seem misinformed anyway. Nice blog post, friendo.

I think it's straight up pretentious due to how it preches the most basic, humane shhit while elevating it to the point where it makes them sound like they consider themselves to be prophets and geniuses of some sorts, while delivering it with the same lack of verbal finesse as the people making "unconscious" rap that they put down. The utter lack of interesting musicality and this obnoxious pretentiousness is what makes the genre completely unbearable to me.
>genre is a categorisation based on generalisation of music that shares similar qualities
>"this is my opinion on genre"
>you're generalising you fucking retard!
Neck yourself.

You haven't listened to much hip-hop. Sure there are instances of that but that's just bad music. All genres have terrible albums. You obviously have a confirmation bias so posting any records won't convince you otherwise and you'll just keep calling me a retard. Have a good day.

Mind posting some good conscious hip hop albums that aren't corny as fuck? I've had my fair share of Public Enemy and Gang Starr, but beyond that I'm sorta clueless.

Hard Rock > Grunge > all

You sound like the whitest person ever. You have a massive ego, jesus christ.

Trust me, you belong there.

Well, conscious hip-hop isn't just political. I wouldn't even know how to define it since it's such a broad term. But here's a few you may like.

Blackstar - Blackstar
Common - Like Water For Chocolate
MF DOOM - Operation Doomsday
MIKE - May God Bless Your Hustle
Sad Clown Bad Dub Vol.2 - Atmosphere
Oukast - Aquemini

that's just a few. it's just hip-hop music

Thanks mate, really enjoying Common's album.

this
Gangster Rap can at least be entertaining and funny (Infamous, Chronic, etc.) and doesn't bore me to death

no problem man.

>You sound like the whitest person ever.
Thanks

>"Conscious" hip hop

Pseudo-intelligent hip hop suits it better

>reddit spacing
>if you criticise hip hop ure a racis
Summer is almost over shouldn't you be preparing for school?

>someone doesn't like hip-hop
Y-you're just a racist!

rofl

found a pic of you

Is this meant to be ironic?

You know what to do boys.

>>>/reddit/

>pretending to respect hip hop because you don't wanna seem racist
why don't you respect yourself first...

Get the fuck out racists stop polluting my board with your fascism.

Nazi punks fuck off!

are you 12?

Just fuck off. Your kind is a dying breed. You intolerant fucks won't win.

You can unlearn hate, buddy, it's not too late. Open yourself up to black culture. Listen to a few rap albums, watch some BET, go fuck a black woman (ok maybe hit the gym and get a job before you do this one), smoke a joint, and you'll be happy.

2/10
made me reply

Sure, bet you spam the n-word and constantly post in anti-SJW threads. Loser.

>go fuck a black woman
sorry, not into bestiality

Get the fuck out Nazi.

samefag

wtf I love 'conscious hip hop now' because of this powerful argument

Glad you freed yourself from the shackles of hate and Nazism. When you're ready to grow up and rejoin the human race, we'll be sure to give you a complimentary medal.