Sup Sup Forums I never watched this show in the past but decided to give it a watch recently

Sup Sup Forums I never watched this show in the past but decided to give it a watch recently.
Im through all three seasons and thought it was really good.
What I don't understand is all the hate for the recent episodes? They are arguably better than all the previous episodes what gives?

Other urls found in this thread:

avclub.com/c/tv-review/rick-and-morty
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

only thing i dont like abotu it is the sjw and feminist shit they throw in every now and then .. other than that i like it.

Never noticed much of this...like what?

Not at all dude but ironically this is exactly what I'm talking about

For me personally, the new series is trying to be a little too zany and crazy, just for the sake of it. I know this sounds like a paradox given the nature of the show. It is hard to explain. You know how when the Simpsons ran out of ideas and they just started throwing in more and more random and outlandish ideas to keep it interesting? It feels a little bit like that.
Having said all that, the Tales From The Citadel episode was probably one of the best ever.

the sex robot episode where summer talks about the lie of the pay gap
this last episode where the kids go all self righteous sjw at jerry ..

>hurr hurr durr i don't understand so it must be bait
i can smell your newfag stench from here

They have been calling Jerry a beta since season one just with different words. They have been referencing all those issues just not in that exact way.

see that episode is why i've started disliking the show
they are trying to be too clever with it, making too grander satirical statements, like the last series of South Park, which fucking sucked

Oh *burp* Morty he's onto me, better *burp* better run for it!
>implying anything about this is funny

Go circlejerk about R&M on leddit, faggot.

Not sure how that all ranks as sjw and feminist shit.

I'm assuming you are talking about the same sex robot episode where they take the piss out of the higher female society being reduced to "i like your top" comments...

And then the kids are supposed to roll over and ignore their idiot dad?

It isn't a perfect show, but that seems like some nitpicky shit

I'M PICKLE RICK XDDDDDDD

the burping isn't supposed to be funny its just a character trait

I mainly have hate for the second episode. They decide to make summer ra 'strong female character' with no development leading up to it.

I wouldn't really say they tried to portray her as a strong female character. For me it was an exaggerated example of how problems at home and anger affects kids.

>i don't understand what is going on so i will toss in a "get back to ledit faggot" to make myself feel better

the problems at home being the divorce of their parents, despite the fact they insist it doesn't bother them their actions tell a different story.

well shes older than morty.
morty may need some time to adjust but i can see summer, a sassy teen, get used to ricks shit off-camera quick

You are definitely looking too deep into it. Just enjoy the show at face value.

dude .. sexist and racist too? no idiot they havent been saying that ..

To be fair, you have to have averyhigh IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily fromNarodnaya Volyaliterature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to trulyappreciatethe depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epicFathers and SonsI'm smirking right now justimaginingone of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how Ipitythem. And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

I mean that is face value for me

That last one sucked

sorry but perpetuating the pay gap myth isnt nitpicky ..

stale pasta is stale

They showed her being a stupid bitch who liked killing people because she was angry and running away from herself. She didn't act to save herself or anyone else. They had a clear escape. She didn't want to take it.

I don't get the hate either, but then I don't have the to fixate on cartoons all day so it doesn't really matter. The show is good, it's pretty funny. The newest season seems much more story-driven as opposed to the usual "introduce weird wacky character, shenanigans are had, everything back to normal" format of the last couple seasons. I like it.

For me, making Summer the tough problem solver killed the show. Suddenly Summer is making Rick look like a helpess fool. Beth has become an extremely awful character who's mean for no reason. I get the whole she's Rick's daughter and a lot like him point but she's just a flat out horrible person to her kids.

Like one episode pointed out, Beth needs Jerry. Without him she's horrible to everyone else. It's not even funny though, she's just a bitch.

Morty, where is our Morty? He's a side character now.

Some of the lines Rick and Morty say kind of assert that Justin and Dan probably aren't huge fans of the way Beth and Summer have been developed. Tired of Beth and Summer's SJW wiminz are stronk bullshit. If they get rid of the female diversity hires maybe it can be good again, but with the direction adult swim has gone I doubt it.

its a good cartoon, and thats that

dont get what all the fuss is about

They call Jerry a racist as a joke because in reality everyone would be towards a blue alien which directly correlates to real life where people will call you racist for having preference to your own race when its just inherent human nature

I. Don't think the new episode are bad but. Sady when I started to watch the show I had two seasons of it to watch wich I loved. And just waiting for the next episode in the new season 3 it's just painful I. Like to binge watch a show from start to finish and I don't feel like waiting for years till there might be a new two seasons to watch

>What I don't understand is all the hate for the recent episodes? They are arguably better than all the previous episodes

She's not a problem solver. Rick outsmarted her by showing her that her relationship was bound to fail and she just followed Rick's instructions in the last episode . Scenario 4

Its not perpetuating shit , the show makes summer look like a retard so the pay gap is her retarded opinion.

She's going to do things with turquoise

>she's gonna do things with crystal meth
ftfy

>everyone would be towards a blue alien

assumption

i'd fuck a green bitch .. even if it was captain kirk's sloppy seconds ..

no they did it to make the kids act more like sjw millennial fuckfags

or did you miss the part where summer said "my generations gets triggered for breakfast"

ask yourself this question ..

did summer perpetuating the pay gap myth add anything to the over all plot of the show ?

no? then it was not needed and was only crammed in to fit an agenda which is to perpetuate that myth ..

then ask yourself was there any reason to advance the plot of the show for summer and morty to get all uppity sjw on jerry?

no?

then it was not needed and was crammed in to push an agenda ..

after Dan Harmon's cringe rant showing his sjw self and the fact they hired a bunch of feminist writers for season 3 .. i can garuntee you the show will be pushing the sjw feminiut agenda even more

The level of cringe is incredible, so instead of rick and morty fans thinking they are smart for watching the show whoever wrote this must be even smarter than the people who watch the show right? Jesus christ

Indeed.
>Sips tea
Off to look at the stocks.

see

most of the hate was for the female writers on the latest episode, which unfolds pretty much as expected for r&m, these misogynistic haters just want the men who created the show to be shackled to it, I mean c'mon a man's gotta live

the show makes summer out to look like a retard? really .. seems like a pretty normal teen girl to me.. other than the bullshit SJW faggoty

and yes he claiming that women get paid 70 cents on the dollar to men is perpetuating the pay gap myth you inbred homunculus

see

pic

Look man if Rick had said what she said about the pay gap in a non satirical way I would agree with you.

Its the opinion of summer who like 3 episodes earlier was caught huffing enamel to get high and is one of the characters who obviously doesn't grasp anything that they do or that comes out of ricks mouth

literally the opinion of someone who gets high on glue in the show how can you interpret that as perpetuating the gender pay gap? Its obvious ridiculing the people who believe in it

Did Beth get cloned?

this

SEASON 3 IS PERFECT
avclub.com/c/tv-review/rick-and-morty

It's mainstream. Sup Forums in general and Sup Forums specifically are always going to look for reasons to hate the mainstream stuff.

No. But I do wish they'd kill off the current home universe's Beth at least so she was in the show less. Or at least stop writing her like the worst most unpleasant human being in the multiverse.

>Look man if Rick had said what she said about the pay gap in a non satirical way I would agree with you.

does it matter which character said it?

>Its the opinion of summer who like 3 episodes earlier was caught huffing enamel to get high and is one of the characters who obviously doesn't grasp anything that they do or that comes out of ricks mouth

do you even watch the show? Summer knows Rick's hiding spots in the garage/lab or did you forget about her trying to have "massive stripper titties"?

Yes it does

turning herself into a giant disgusting mass in the process because SHES AN IDIOT

glue? nigga it was ceramic enamel ..

Rick's response doesnt seem to make it a ridicule

no it doesnt

point being shes not as smart as rick and smarter than beth and jerry

morty is just as smart seeing as how he figured out how to use the device .. but wasnt blinded by jealousy while using it

enamel is almost identical to glue

using a gif from house of cards with that quote is horrifically ironic

Is the finale going to be a bait and switch?

so you saying you have glue on your teeth nigga?

you fucking dumb

Yes, an organic version of synthetic glue

Season 3 changes the format of the show and portrays rick as much weaker than previous seasons, he's shown making simple mistakes, being a regular button pushing worker, etc..

It's still entertaining but them putting a focus on the other characters when the strength of the show was the back and forth between rick and morty really fucked it up imo.

I found that it was implied from the very start that there were infinite versions of rick therefore there would have to be less motivated ones.
Like the citadel episode that shows people of the exact same intelligence ( ricks ) all working different jobs due to a variety of variables including motivation aspiration etc.

The ricks in the episode are clearly unhappy with their situations. We are talking about what is probably the most powerful weapon/thing in their respective universes and they are seen pushing buttons, riding trains to their regular jobs. I mean even wierdo toothless rick was making portal juice, so even a shitty rick is supposed to be powerful.

The citadel was supposed to be a place for ricks to gather, not be regular shmoes. c-136 rick just didnt want to deal with their bureaucracy.

Also in morties mind blowers hes shown making repeated simple mistakes. They went from him wiping out the galactic federation and the citadel of ricks to him mistaking granted for granite.

Enamel is the hardest substance in the human body and contains the highest percentage of minerals 96%, with water and organic material composing the rest.[2] The primary mineral is hydroxyapatite, which is a crystalline calcium phosphate.

nope not glue you retard

I recently started watching the show too. It's great; I don't understand all the hate towards it. It's not hilarious mind, in fact I've only laughed a handful of times: I guess it's not my type of humour. But it is still highly entertaining to watch! It is not an 'intelligent' show: The humour is pretty basic (a lot of toilet humour which is shit) . However they use some very interesting and entertaining plots in the show which I love, and which is why I will keep watching.

i normally don't post on Sup Forums at all but i think the guy claiming enamel is like glue is probably thinking of epoxy

THIS. Why don't people get this?

because they are super duper mature adults

Well...apparently most writers pander to people and when that happens and the person they're pandering to is obsessive and can't let shit go it can annoy the living shit out of some poor fuck who's just trying to watch cartoons.

I thought this way too for a good while about the show until i realized that it isnt that invasive to the show