Come my brothers, leave your sinful nature behind, and accept Jesus into your heart today

Come my brothers, leave your sinful nature behind, and accept Jesus into your heart today.

Other urls found in this thread:

dictionary.com/browse/faith
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

God still loves you turn from your ways for eternal salvation, the endtime is nigh

when ? I'll be busy tomorrow

no man shall know the day or the hour that the lord come, but if we follow his holy word (the bible) we learn of the signs of his coming and long story short it is soon my brother.

Why does god created niggers?

Ultimate proof god doesn't exist.

God created men, to plant them among the stars

I'm not talking about man. I'm talking about niggers. Are they creation of satan?

you can't prove nonexistence...

what you are racially referring to is man

September 23rd was two days ago faggot. Bible prophecies are bullshit.
Christians have literally been saying it's "soon" for centuries.

Well you could if you could show that the concept in question is necessarily self-contradictory. You could also build a really strong case if the concept makes predictions that are shown to be false.

the bible sets no dates, and soon from a historical standpoint can be centuries away, you have a mortal mindset if you were immortal your thought of soon would change drastically, repent while you can for the lord shows mercy to those who admit sin and wish to accept Jesus.

Okay.

not true you cannot prove nonexistence because there is still the possibility of existence, you are misusing the word proof with evidence.

>you have a mortal mindset
Because you and I are mortal. If you tell me soon and you actually mean centuries away, then you're trying to trick me.
> repent while you can for the lord shows mercy to those who admit sin and wish to accept Jesus.
Slight issue in that there is no good reason to believe that Jesus even exists (other than as a dead historical character).

mistaking

I have extrasystoles. Thx Jesus.

>not true you cannot prove nonexistence because there is still the possibility of existence
Not necessarily, no. For example, there are no square circles. Square circles cannot possibly exist.

no it's not tricking you because it is still soon to the Lord God therefore still happening, and maybe not to you there is no good reason but to the Lord God there is reason plenty, if you do not repent then you will perish in the lake of fire, i wish for that not to be the case, repent my brother.

Holy fuck genius.
Then explain this faggot.

Explain what? Despite the filename, that isn't a square circle.

It is

exactly but god can exist and therefore you cannot prove he does not, you can simply disagree. a square circle cannot exist simply because they are two different shapes this proves nothing.

>no it's not tricking you because it is still soon to the Lord God
Yes, it is an attempt to trick me. You are not a god and neither am I.
>maybe not to you there is no good reason but to the Lord God there is reason plenty
Then it should share those reasons if it wants me to believe it exists.
> if you do not repent then you will perish in the lake of fire
No reason to believe that.

OK... now what?

> god can exist
Depends on how you define god. Some god concepts cannot possibly exist as the characteristics given to it are self-contradictory.

do you have to see love to know it exists? you say no reason to believe that but in knowing of the possibility of it's existence is that not reason enough to believe? > You are not a god and neither am I.
i have never insinuated that im a god i have simply stated that to an immortal being soon would mean something totally different that to a mortal one,
>Then it should share those reasons if it wants me to believe it exists
Then you wouldn't be believing you would be knowing wouldn't you?

I won square circles exist.
I'm literally God. Suck my dick.

turn to god and seek his divine light, attempt to live in it, and you will be happier

>do you have to see love to know it exists?
Love is an emotion that we can examine.
>you say no reason to believe that but in knowing of the possibility of it's existence is that not reason enough to believe?
Not at all. It could be the case that there are aliens in another galaxy plotting to steal our onions, should you believe that?
>i have never insinuated that im a god i have simply stated that to an immortal being soon would mean something totally different that to a mortal one
Which is irrelevant to us mortal beings as the ones being told the message.
>Then you wouldn't be believing you would be knowing wouldn't you?
To believe something simply means to accept something as true. If you are talking about faith, I have no use for such a thing as it is demonstrably unreliable.

Nope, he's still on about niggers

I am a believer in Christ, I also have been baptized. There is nothing wrong with having faith and there is nothing any of you fucking degenerates go do about that.

Shut up jew boy

Are you an idiot or just plain retarded? I also can tell you no nothing of what you are talking about... 1/10 obvious bait.

>There is nothing wrong with having faith
o rly?

you go with your faith user, noones taking that away from you, but if someone pesters me about god, hopefully he'll meet his maker

...and stinkbugs?

>implying I am Islamic
wew lad

You seem to be missing my points, believing in something our ancestors believed in simply because it can exist is better, in my opinion than believing the world has no creator or purpose, i personally find joy in attempting to live in the light of the bible, it makes me happy, for me this is reward enough to continue believing, in the case of alien onion thieves i don't believe that because it has nothing to offer but living in light of the bible has much to offer, strengthening our morals (which the world is losing) and adding a rule of law, if we turn from the tool that lead us to the world we live in today i fear the worst the US was created by the founding fathers who embraced the lords love and they attempted to create a nation that followed their path now we are diverging and this is the falling away the bible speaks of i believe

>implying Muslims don't have faith
Faith is inherently harmful.

so christcucks are invading Sup Forums now?

You are making an argument with a obvious pronounced Christan, talking about Muslims you really honestly are scum.

>You seem to be missing my points
I've addressed every point you've attempted to make.
>believing in something our ancestors believed in simply because it can exist is better, in my opinion than believing the world has no creator or purpose
In my opinion it is not. I would rather believe in what is actually true than in what might make you feel better.
>strengthening our morals (which the world is losing
The morality presented in the Bible is disgusting. Modern civilization has made great strides in getting away from it.
> the US was created by the founding fathers who embraced the lords love and they attempted to create a nation that followed their path
The founding fathers purposefully did not create a theocracy, instead creating a nation where everyone is free to practice their own religion but none can force their religion on others.

explain to me how faith is harmful?
faith isn't harmful it is the acts of evil men that is harmful simply having faith is the exact opposite of harm.

Christians and Muslims aren't all that different. Muslims consider the Bible to be sacred and Jesus to be a Prophet. You literally worship the same God.

Faith is used to justify beliefs that are otherwise unjustifiable, and beliefs inform actions. Faith inspires people to perform evil actions.

> I would rather believe in what is actually true than in what might make you feel better.
you have just as much faith in your belief as i do in mine (i assume) you do not know what is actually true unless you are an all knowing God which i assumed we already addressed neither of us are.
>The morality presented in the Bible is disgusting.
you may be referring to the old testimate in which case i ask that you read the book of Matthew, Jesus' teachings of morals are not disgusting in anyway and encourage us to help one another your rendition of the bibles teachings are obviously skewed and i would like to ask you attempt to correct them
> instead creating a nation where everyone is free to practice their own religion but none can force their religion on others.
Yes they created a nation where all were created equal and free but built the nation on a christian foundation requesting all pray to the flag before school, having in god we trust printed on all our currency and on and on they believed in the Lord and created the country for others to do as they pleased. I simply request those of you who sin and have fallen from the Lord to return in hopes that you may not perish, turn to Jesus.

your wrong in saying that faith (in itself) inspires evil actions, what people choose to put their faith in is that which inspires evil, don't be fooled.

>you have just as much faith in your belief
What belief would that be?
>i assume
There's your problem.
>you do not know what is actually true
I can't know for certain, but I can use reason and evidence to come to justified conclusions.
>you may be referring to the old testimate
Which is still part of the Bible supposedly supported by God. Jesus even said that he did not come to change the law.
>Jesus' teachings of morals are not disgusting in anyway
Less blatantly so, but yes, they are. Jesus' morals only make sense if this life doesn't matter much and a good afterlife is what we should be striving for. Since there's no good reason to believe that there is an afterlife, Jesus' teachings fail.
>your rendition of the bibles teachings are obviously skewed
I actually read the Bible myself instead of having someone teach me their spin on it.
>Yes they created a nation where all were created equal and free but built the nation on a christian foundation requesting all pray to the flag before school, having in god we trust printed on all our currency
You need to learn your history. Much of that was instituted well after the founding fathers were dead and buried.
>I simply request those of you who sin and have fallen from the Lord to return in hopes that you may not perish, turn to Jesus.
I simply request that you give me a good reason to believe that Jesus exists as something that someone can 'return' to.

I've done so since my birth, amen.

>what people choose to put their faith in is that which inspires evil
This only serves to prove my point. Faith has no mechanism to determine truth. Your "good" faith is just as valid as someone else's "evil" faith. As long as faith is promoted as a virtue, "evil" faith will flourish.

I'll pass but thanks anyway.

>Since there's no good reason to believe that there is an afterlife
this is your choice
>I can't know for certain, [What belief would that be?] the system you believe that you admittedly cant know for certain is my example that you are using faith.
>I actually read the Bible myself instead of having someone teach me their spin on it.
this i would encourage i have never gone to a church and have never been shown someone else's "spin on it" my point was you seem to view the teachings of Jesus negatively and i would like an example of Jesus' words that were "disgusting"
> I simply request that you give me a good reason to believe that Jesus exists as something that someone can 'return' to.
what you are asking me to do i have already done, you just have a different opinion obviously and chose not to think of my example of purpose as a good reason or perhaps have found your own purpose i don't know but i wish you the best we obviously simply disagree i hope that at some point in your life you turn to God and accept him into your heart.

It requires just as much faith as i have in my God's creation of the universe as it does for your "big bang theory"

>this is your choice
It's not a choice, it's an observation. If there's a good reason, show me.
> i would like an example of Jesus' words that were "disgusting"
I would need to actually go in and read the sermon on the mount again to give you a specific example, but in general his teachings are overly pacifist and treat the matters of this world as transitory. You don't get the visceral reaction that you get from the Old Testament, but it would still destroy civilization as we know it if we actually followed it. Thankfully, even most Christians don't.
>what you are asking me to do i have already done
>my example of purpose
Any other religion or pseudoreligion could give someone purpose as well. As for me, I give myself purpose. I do not require gods for this.
>i hope that at some point in your life you turn to God and accept him into your heart.
I'm right here if he ever wants to show up. So far nothing.

No, it does not. The big bang theory is based on observable evidence and makes testable predictions.

Dat looks more like Charley Manson!

So the apes would have something to laugh at!

Thank you user! Just what I needed when I needed it most. You're now in my prayers are

>It's not a choice
it is a choice, it is your choice to believe that...
>I would need to actually go in and read the sermon on the mount again to give you a specific example
yea that was kinda what i was asking for, but it's ok you don't have to destroy that part of your argument.
>I'm right here if he ever wants to show up. So far nothing.
that's because you are very vain, you expect an all powerful God to come to you specifically and convince you he is real so you don't perish with the billions that turn from him? that's not how it works.observable evidence? what observable evidence is there of a time that the earth wasn't even around? how do you have evidence from before our galaxy even formed? there is only what is observable today, the rest is faith in a scientific outlook of the past

I'd like to take a moment to trigger the muzzies

Thank you, as you are in mine

>it is a choice, it is your choice to believe that
No, it isn't. I don't have a belief switch that I can simply toggle on and off.
>ok you don't have to destroy that part of your argument.
Okay I won't. Talking about Bible verses is tedious.
>that's because you are very vain
I'm not the one who thinks he was created in the image of an all powerful God who cares about him.
>you expect an all powerful God to come to you specifically and convince you he is real
If God was really all-powerful, such an action would be trivial.
>so you don't perish with the billions that turn from him
If God was good, then yes.
>that's not how it works
Then I have no pathway to belief in your god.
>observable evidence? what observable evidence is there of a time that the earth wasn't even around?
Red shift, cosmic background radiation, ratio of elements in the universe, etc.
>rest is faith in a scientific outlook of the past
You don't need faith in science. We can observe that it works.

>No, it isn't. I don't have a belief switch that I can simply toggle on and off.
true that it isn't something you can turn on and off, but you as a human still made the decision at some point to believe what you do, honestly surprised you haven't understood this yet...
>If God was really all-powerful, such an action would be trivial.
>while it would be trivial it doesnt mean that God would choose to reward your negative vain behavior with his presence
>I'm not the one who thinks he was created in the image of an all powerful God who cares about him.
how is it vain to believe that my creator cares about me? don't you have parents that care about you? that is what the lord's relationship is meant to symbolize, also is why we call him Heavenly Father when praying to him.
> cosmic background radiation, ratio of elements in the universe
While these are observable elements of our universe we have no PROOF that they relate to the creation of the universe we assume they relate to it but can never have discernible proof unless we create a time machine and travel beck to that specific point.

Except it's not. Both a square and a circle are 2D objects in the plane, just because you create a 3D object that has a side that is a square and another side that is a circle you won't have a square circle. You'll have some weird 3D object.

what if you pointed a camera through the opening of and took the bend out and printed the image? wouldn't that technically be a square circle?

>you as a human still made the decision at some point to believe what you do, honestly surprised you haven't understood this yet
Because it isn't true. Belief is a result, not a choice. You can choose to investigate things, you can choose to acknowledge bias, etc. but at the end of the day you do not choose whether or not you will believe something.
>how is it vain to believe that my creator cares about me?
Because you are a tiny speck on the scale on the universe, which that same creator supposedly also made.
>While these are observable elements of our universe we have no PROOF that they relate to the creation of the universe we assume they relate to it but can never have discernible proof unless we create a time machine and travel beck to that specific point.
Science isn't math, we don't deal in proofs. What we can do is come up with the best, testable explanation that fits the available evidence, which is what science has done with the big bang theory. Further evidence could disprove it, but at this point in time it is the best explanation.

I don't see how.

> Belief is a result, not a choice.
Wrong i choose to believe in God their isn't some force compelling me to believe it is my choice, just as it is yours to not believe... i wasn't born (made) to believe what i do, i chose it.
>Science isn't math, we don't deal in proofs. What we can do is come up with the best, testable explanation that fits the available evidence. Further evidence could disprove it, but at this point in time it is the best explanation.
believing this, that my friend is faith in the scientific system, science is mostly math actually without math science could not function the entire point of science is to prove things... and the big bang theory has no determinable evidence that the universe was created this was hence requiring faith (you to believe it is true)
>Because you are a tiny speck on the scale on the universe, which that same creator supposedly also made.
that still doesn't explain why you say I'm vain basically what you said was "you're vain cuz the universe is big."

*discernible* *there* *way*

My god has a hammer.

Yours was nailed to a cross.

Any questions?

is your god still alive?

Is yours?

did your god help establish a world superpower?

>Wrong i choose to believe in God their isn't some force compelling me to believe it is my choice
The force is your brain chemistry and cognitive functions. If you think you can simply choose to believe things, then choose to believe that the moon is made of green cheese right now.
>that my friend is faith in the scientific system
I fail to see how. It's a tentative acceptance of a system that has demonstrated its reliability time and again.
>science is mostly math actually without math science could not function
Without math science could not function, but the two are fundamentally different in that science is attempting to explain reality using observable evidence.
>the entire point of science is to prove things
No, it is not. Everything in science is always tentative.
>the big bang theory has no determinable evidence
I've already given you examples showing that it does.
>hence requiring faith (you to believe it is true)
No. Faith and belief are not equivalent. I accept the big bang theory as the best explanation we have based on the evidence.
>that still doesn't explain why you say I'm vain
You think that you, an organism between 1 and 3 meters in size who will live for less than 200 years most likely, are so important that the creator of the universe personally cares about your actions, when the observable universe is around 93 billion light years in diameter and has existed for over 13 billion years.

yes

Forgive me father, for i have sinned.

>Faith and belief are not equivalent
Belief: 1 an acceptance that a statement is true or that something exists. 2 trust, faith, or confidence in someone or something
> then choose to believe that the moon is made of green cheese right now.
this is a ridiculous notion and proves nothing, see the definition of belief above..
>I've already given you examples showing that it does
no you've given me examples of why and how we think the universe was created this is not the same thing as discernible truth or observable evidence, we don't have records of back then therefore can never prove it, my point is you need faith or to believe that the big bang theory happened the way scientists say because there isn't observable evidence from that time.

the same way that i need faith in believing what my bible says my God created the universe

Faith: 1 complete trust or confidence in someone or something. 2 strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.

Not equivalent. You believe something if you accept it as true. You have faith in something if you have complete trust or confidence in it. I do not have complete trust or confidence in the big bang theory or science in general, therefore I do not have faith in it.
>this is a ridiculous notion
Now perhaps you understand how your religion sounds to me.
>no you've given me examples of why and how we think the universe was created this is not the same thing as discernible truth or observable evidence
I've literally listed observable evidence.
>we don't have records of back then therefore can never prove it
Irrelevant.
>my point is you need faith or to believe that the big bang theory happened the way scientists say because there isn't observable evidence from that time.
You don't need faith because we have observable evidence now pointing to what happened back then. If you want to say that we aren't justified in believing that, then you aren't justified in believing anything about the past whatsoever because we are incapable of time travel. You aren't justified in believing that you were even alive yesterday.

>dictionary.com/browse/faith
actually it is not complete trust, it is 1 confidence or trust in someone or something or 2 belief that is not based on proof (which is what i have been saying)
>Irrelevant.
it's completely relevant, that is what i mean by observable evidence i font mean of things today i mean of things that were, (that is what we are talking about after all) the way the universe was created may or may not have anything to do with the reasons you stated you put faith in the system or belief that it was created the way scientists say that has no proof at all.
> You aren't justified in believing that you were even alive yesterday.
except i have a record of being alive in this universe yesterday and a memory of it so i have every reason to believe that, however we don't have any record of that far in the past therefore my point.

*don't*

>actually it is not complete trust
We are now arguing over dictionary definitions using different dictionaries. The relevant part here is that I do not define belief and faith the way that you would like me to in order to support your argument. I actually find it sort of odd that you seem to want to trivialize the meaning of faith this way.
>it's completely relevant
It isn't.
> that is what i mean by observable evidence i font mean of things today i mean of things that were
All we ever have access to are things that are.
>the way the universe was created may or may not have anything to do with the reasons you stated you put faith in the system or belief that it was created the way scientists say that has no proof at all.
No, I tentatively accept the current explanation of science on the basis of the available evidence and the continued reliability of the scientific method.
>except i have a record of being alive in this universe yesterday and a memory of it
Both could have been forged. You could have popped into existence 5 minutes ago with those memories and records already in existence.
>we don't have any record of that far in the past therefore my point.
We do, through the evidence that I've provided.

>All we ever have access to are things that are exactly why we will never be able to prove the creation of the universe thus requiring faith or a belief that in not based on proof
>No, I tentatively accept the current explanation of science on the basis of the available evidence and the continued reliability of the scientific method.
Ergo you put faith/confidence in what is believed today
>Both could have been forged. You could have popped into existence 5 minutes ago with those memories and records already in existence.
And i have no reason/proof/evidence to believe this and neither do you...this does nothing to support your argument
>We do, through the evidence that I've provided.
No we really don't because we have no ability of time travel as you yourself have stated... we do have however, our rendition of those cosmic leftovers therefore a belief or idea nothing discernible or observable because those things that we say function one way, 200 years from now could completely change and actually mean something completely different (an Idea is not proof of something)

>Ergo you put faith/confidence in what is believed today
No, I do not.
>And i have no reason/proof/evidence to believe this and neither do you
Exactly.
>this does nothing to support your argument
It does. It shows that we can and do use what we see today to form conclusions about the past, just like we do with the big bang theory.
>No we really don't because we have no ability of time travel as you yourself have stated
See above.
>our rendition of those cosmic leftovers therefore a belief or idea nothing discernible or observable because those things that we say function one way
We have lots of things that are observable. That you continue to ignore this will not change that fact.
>200 years from now could completely change and actually mean something completely different
Hence why it is tentative, as I have said numerous times. My mind can be changed based on the evidence, which is why I don't have faith.

>My mind can be changed based on the evidence, which is why I don't have faith.
but you do because you believe what they say is true...not what is true, because no one knows what is true
>It does. It shows that we can and do use what we see today to form conclusions about the past, just like we do with the big bang theory.
the difference is you are confusing evidence with proof just because we have evidence to support the universe showing signs of expanding doesn't mean the universe was at one single point and then exploded into being.
>We have lots of things that are observable.
Yes but it is how we interpret that evidence that requires faith/confidence/belief

>but you do because you believe what they say is true
Which isn't faith.
>not what is true
Reasonable justification.
>the difference is you are confusing evidence with proof just because we have evidence to support the universe showing signs of expanding doesn't mean the universe was at one single point and then exploded into being.
As I've already stated, science doesn't deal in proofs. It's always tentative based on evidence.
>Yes but it is how we interpret that evidence that requires faith/confidence/belief
The way that science does it is testable and can be shown to be false with further evidence. That's the difference between science and religion, which makes proclamations without evidence that cannot be tested.

im just gonna leave this here..

Jesus wasn't white. Use a more accurate image