How can you deal with being much smarter than everyone around you?

How can you deal with being much smarter than everyone around you?

Simple, acknowledge that despite their sub-par intellect they still have a high EIQ and live more fulfilling lives than you. There's a difference between living life and understanding life.

Gonna need to elaborate OP, but I think I can help. Where is your moral compass pointed to, how did you do in school, who do you associate with, etc

/thread

Good answer.
It makes me extremely frustrated as I have no one to talk with about science, literature and etc.

well im not a huge fucking narcissist so I don't think of such things

did bad in school despite struggling against the current. Had a friend group of probably 20 ppl that basically revolved around me from the different people I picked out, introduced them to each other and all. Now I roll alone solely, and have been for years. I'm just overwhelmingly disappointed anytime I'm around near anyone. I really want them to be better, but they wont be. They're just not capable it seems.

Accept that you aren't, and one day you'll grow out of being 15.

Empathy, and/or by being able to easily read and know their mannerisms to easily be able to socialize efficiently. Basically not being an egotistical ivory tower type who can't interact with people if they can't/won't talk about abstract concepts, gel politics, or Don Quixote. If you really truly cannot adapt or even if you can you do not feel genuine, then you need to attempt to find people who stimulate you intellectually. May require severing ties and moving. Or live as an ascetic hermit simply consuming knowledge until you come to some grand realization and pen your magnum opus. Intelligence without ambition is suffering.

Got to understand that even tho I'm actually smarter than a lot of people that doesn't stop me from being a useless piece of shit, only way to actually be a better guy is to use that intelligence and that means a lot of trial and error and thinking about the results, then apply what you got the next time. In the last 2 years I went from being an average Sup Forums idiot to a somewhat wise guy who can live its life, lot of older people ask me for help.

But I'm still prone to fuck up things, and lately I'm thinking that the way I work on things will probably create me psychological problems sooner or later

its not a problem you have, so don't worry about it.

By making money off it

Intelligence, in my opinion, is the ability to adapt. It's essentially humanity's main trait. If you think you're intelligent, but you can't function in a normie world, well that makes you an idiot.

I don't know, how can you deal with being a narcissists?

I generally give my opinion, but refuse to defend it. The stupid around me are welcome to hang themselves however they desire.

Am I the only person who thought of this?

Give someone enough rope and he'll hang himself. Winning a discussion is never about being right anyway. it's about letting the other person make an ass out of himself in front of the onlookers.

No that's what I thought it was.

I know someone who said that a lot. Funny thing, it always seemed to hang him for his inaction. Seems a lazy passive method toward allowing others crap all over you while you hope someday they get their contact sequences you fail to deliver.

I think that was what was implied

Found the normie

Welp I once tried to argue with people about pseudo sciences and other nutjob theories. Now I just let them blabber on for my own amusement thinking "Wow dude, you've done so much drugs your brain fell out. Impressive!"

Pretending life is a GTA parody also helps, you should try it. Takes the edge off.

So your solution is no solution. Seems opposite to intelligence. Isn't it better to dismiss people who aren't useful? Idiots are everywhere and can always be replaced. Many flavors to choose from. The few with enough intelligence to act are the few worth my time.

I never claimed I'm not an idiot. For someone who has a lot of book knowledge I can do some pretty stupid shit IRL. That said, I feel like at least I have some awareness that others don't always have. because I watch the news online from 10 different sources instead of being fed the shit from the brainbox. That said, I can't relate with normies who enjoy Game of thrones. I prefer the real life version or GOT: Syria edition. I can live with being a recluse, I take care of myself so I'm always in good company.

a good amount of people are willingly ignorant, foolish and one dimensional...it will always be this way because its required for a thriving species. so, to simply deal with this i suppose it takes a sort of nihilistic approach with a bit of realistic acceptance in terms of interactions and expectations of others.

...i dunno, me dumb

>I'm thinking that the way I work on things will probably create me psychological problems sooner or later

explain newfriend

All I'm saying is an idiot can play inaction as veil for intelligence, but action displays true intelligence. So when someone ploys inaction as a form of their wit, I request action to validate it. Equally, I have an extensive history and present to cull as my evidence of intelligence. Usually I can dismiss the idiots pretty quickly. It doesn't shut them up all the time, but they learn real fast who is more valuable.

Keep enjoying your Vidya dipshit. The mail is here and I have shit to work on.

Autism =! intelligence

>being this dumb

what if i feel like that would make me a cold calculating machine who manipulates others, and i dont want to be that

Lmao that's like asking a toddler how the earth was formed and than making fun of it because it can't answer. Why even waste your breath on IQ

Play the cards you've been dealt and refresh on those 48 laws of Power mate

is the crab throwing up its claws supposed to be it like rocking out to prodigy?

This. Go outside and meet people op you'll soon discover that you aren't as smart as you think. Also sage, because anyone who claims they are smarter than everyone is usually not that smart. ie Trump.

Always make sure you're right there to say "I told you so".

thats just really not for me. I don't want to "win" anything. I dont view life as a competition. I dont feel like anyone is out to get me (although admittedly i do notice that when people notice my intellect, some vicious jealous souls will jump up to put it out as quick as they can).

I really want to make peace and love with people. But it's so hard to uplift them when their whole life revolves around the basic drama in their petty circle, and they could be content knowing nothing more than that forever. I can't imagine being so dull and lacking hope. For them it's their proudest accomplishment. It's sad

Just so you know, people who are significantly more intelligent than average exist and understand their position.

Do you think some of us just never accept that we're intelligent?

You drink.

did you just watch rick and morty for the first time?

You don't have to win by beating others. In fact, you should first fix yourself, then pull up those around you with you. Remove losers from your friend pool, they only drag you down anyway. You're not Atlas, why should you carry the weight of the world on your shoulders. You're just an animal in a zoo, just try to become content.

>who are significantly more intelligent than average exist and understand their position

Ok Sheldon. I highly doubt that is you. Unless you have contributed a great deal to society in some way within a respected field of study I don't think you can claim to be smarter than anyone. Being an isolated autistic who can't social but can do a few math equations and got a high IQ score on an internet test doesn't count. Continue being faux intellectual person though and see where that gets you.

Being different ≠ being smart

Being in the 90th percentile is not that rare. It is just a simple statistical reality that when given 100 random people, at least 10 of them will be significantly more intelligent than the rest.

Why does this prospect elicit and aggressive response from you user? Do intelligent people often make you insecure and/or confrontational?

You're problem isn't being smarter than othrr people, its the fact that youre autistic

an*

This is very nice elder friend. You know, the few times I've talked to therapists they've all expressed surprise about the things that I feel "responsible" towards. That Atlas analogy put it perfectly. Blame myself for the state of my environment, for not trying hard enough with people and places, and all that.

At the end of the day though I just wanted to seamlessly enjoy life, assuming the people around me would be on my level. Seeing that I'm really going to have to be out on a limb to just "do me" is strange from my perspective

Hey pal, true intelligence isn't something you can put on a scale and measure objectively. There are dozens of types of intelligence and every individual has different amounts of each. It's the reason why you can get people with 90IQ that are effectively smarter than people with 110IQ. IQ measures but a single kind of intellogence. You seem to have forgotten...

What kind of answer is that? That's not even an argument to anything I was talking about. Why are you giving me simple percentages of an intelligence curve. Clearly you're some retard.

Find out what makes you content and pursue that. Doesn't matter what it is or if it answers to social norms and expectations. Even if someone only has two friends, if that's enough for him and he's subjectively happy about his life, that's all it needs to be. Good luck man. remember, you make the place a better place by fixing up yourself first. This is the first step to lowering the misery in this world. once you've done that, you'll help others naturally too.

Typical aspie high-Iq type. Good with numbers and logic and they think that makes them vastly superior to everyone around them. I used to be like this too until I realized that there is so much morw you can get out of life

No, IQ is the best measure of g that we have. It is a measure of general intelligence. That's also not the only measure I'm using. Some people just understand concepts and adapt faster and more comprehensively than other people.

Alright I'll make it simple for you.

You're being incredulous about the possibility that I or really anyone in this thread is of significantly above average intelligence. I'm telling you that it's not unlikely at all.

You rejecting the possibility is frankly a stupid stance to take. It's also entirely likely that the prospect just irritates you and you're just being a dick.

Thats an incredibly selfish and dangerous way to live

It's because you are arguing that there are objective levels of overall intelligence. That user and I disagree.

Explain how it is dangerous? I'm promoting self-preservation and not counting yourself out of the equation.

Step 1: Organism makes sure it remains healthy and sane
Step 2: everything else

I watch a few episodes of the most intelligent show on T.V., Rick and Morty, and assure myself that I'm not alone in this world full of idiots

IQ is a good measure of g, the people who study this and really common sense disagree with your proposition that some people aren't just generally more cognitively competent than others.

Shameless projection.

Try Xavier: Renegade Angel. it's bretty good

sometimes it's what some people need to stay alive

Well I'm not sure if its just the way you worded it, but you make it seem like you should impulsively do what you want and not worry about 'social norms' and expectations. I completely disagree, what if what I want to do, and what I think is best for me, is to strip naked and gun down 100 people? I agree you should always pursue doing what you want to do, but you need to remain aware of what is acceptable and what isnt.

When I said social norms and expectations I was talking about the kind/number of friends you make, the hobbies you have, etc. Of course I don't promote doing things in public that damage your reputation. Referring to law 38: Think as you like but act as the others. Or when in Rome, act as the Romans do. Protecting your reputation is part of protecting yourself. You can still do whatever but you just have to find the correct balance.

>>>LIFE
>>Life
>life
life

Ok, then I agree with you, thats what i was trying to say. You very much have to conform to social norms and expectations in order to not only protect yourself, but also those around you

work as engineer or similar education level, computer science is great as you usually end up having very limited interactions with people that arent as educated as you

well chasing the things that make you content is eventually going to reach the public eye, if it involves anyone but yourself, so you can't do as the romans do all the time. You have to be unafraid of the public's opinion, evem if stripping naked and gunning people down is your thing

Then again, this works in a world with an open mind. It doesn't work so well in a world where people will do anything to step on each other, and be popular, and make money. Why? They probably dont even know, they just do

My argument is that this value, g, is apriori and that the idea is only associated with a set grouping of idealogies that represent only a fraction of what can be considered intelligence

Yeah I should have been more clear. This is one of those subject where for every sentence you type a thousand other lines remain untold. I also want to add to that the importance of grooming yourself. if you appear as if you respect yourself, others will respect you more as well. I have personally noticed that whenever I'm dressed like a slob with a shitty beard and haircut, people treat me worse. So taking care of your appearance helps your everyday interactions, thus improving your overall life quality.

This is a lot less ambiguous than you realize. Some people are stupid and incompetent, some people are good at nearly anything they set their mind to.

Thanks. I really do wonder how those people who things just work out for them no matter where they go, and they enjoy life at every turn, do it. It's like the world just likes them

it is dangerous because you are presupposing that everyone wants good things for themselves and others, which is wrong

>you'll help others naturally
wrong, most people will not naturally do that

After you are done watching Jordan Peterson videos, perhaps you should study Utilitarianism and Hedonism as philosophies. They are both bullshit, but an alarming amount of modern society is predicated upon their principles..

cont from the best measure of that metric is g and IQ. People with high IQ tend to just be better at things in general.

So you encourage 'being yourself' and doing what you want to the point where it doesnt even matter if you're infringing on other peoples' ability to be themselves?

You NEED to consider the repercussions of your actions IMO. Well you don't need to, but the world would be a better place if we are all cognizent of our peers instead of just doing what you want and saying fuck it to everyone/everything else

No they are not better at things in general. They are better at the few select things that you think define intelligence. For instance, where does artistic ability and creativity come into play?

Yeah well I still don't understand how they do that. Some people just float trough life like a butterfly. then others are like ground animals who have to push trough the shit and the thorns to get anywhere. Maybe it's only a matter of perspective tho.

Clearly I know hedonism is bullshit since I am one. it's despicable. That said my own context and bias is irrelevant to the idea. If you yourself become content, you'll project a positive vibe and it will rub off on others. Same if you're depressed and pessimistic. You underestimate the impact you have with your interactions on other people IMO. People remember the ideas you share with them. And sometimes you can help they just by planting a seed in their mind. Nothing as strong as an idea whose time has come.

Intelligent people are better artists and creativity. The best artists in history are high IQ individuals. Exceptional creativity requires a lot of processing power.

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room. Go somewhere that'll challenge you. Get a new job, go back to uni, something.

>ITT:

IQ is basically a measure of your brain's general processing power, to put it simply.

I disagree, can you provide some supprt?

I shouldn't overestimate IQ tho mate. it was developed as a diagnostic tool to see where your mental problems are, not to boost your ego with a number. Also the results vary a lot when the tests are re-done.

Name an example, research them and realize that they weren't only brilliant in art.

Don't put it simply. Put it how it is, analogies are for the weak and just introduce opportunity for misunderstanding.

I agree with that, now do you think having more processing power makes one smarter than someone with less?

>Also the results vary a lot when the tests are re-done

Not with the necessary controls.

Yes...having a more cognitively effective brain makes you more intelligent.

It's not an analogy, it's just using a different words to describe it.

>tfw I'm honest on Sup Forums and people accuse me of baiting

Then that is where we fundamentally disagree

No, I think they just used random stock photo (coz they was poor at the time of this album)

And your opinion is wrong buddy. This is not an ambiguous mystery, there has been an incredible amount of research on this with real results.

Nice rebuttal

Nice irony

It all depends on the context, if you still dont understand. I think you can have less 'g' than someone and still be considered more intelligent based on the context. While someone with more 'g' would be considered more intelligent across across the entire range of intelligences, someone with less range and more specialty in a few areas could be considered more intelligent because they have higher peak levels of intelligence.

Wtf is 'g'. And what is your IQ.

literally tried to post it but couldn't because some faggot already did

Yes
Wrong.

Atleast read everything before responding. And i dont know, never done a test, I'm a Mechanical Engineering upper grad though

Proof that this is wrong
>those trolls

Sounds like you're doing all right for yourself. IQ doesn't matter imo, IRL milestones do.

>you know it