ITT: The best and worst of pop punk ballads

ITT: The best and worst of pop punk ballads.

One of the worst things about living in a post Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) world is that every pop punk band acts like they are obligated to write a pop punk ballad, not only once in their career but on every album they ever release.

Neck Deep's December and A Part of Me and State Champs' If I'm Lucky are among the better examples and even then they're just alright.

Waterparks' 21 Questions is among the more meh end.

Fall Out Boy's I'm Like A Lawyer is brilliant and the closest they've ever come to a ballad, but I know they've never fully written a ballad.

Examples and opinions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ccKV1X9uyP4
youtube.com/watch?v=By7ctqcWxyM
youtube.com/watch?v=NolTCxANxA8
youtube.com/watch?v=yfdAGkjHGac
youtube.com/watch?v=xc1Uld0k4W4
youtube.com/watch?v=tcckFDk9RQo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>A Part of Me
>Just alright

Never mind that it's typically the first song that comes to mind when you think of them, but it's disputably one of the best Pop Punk ballads of the 2010's period.

Anyways, Navy Blue by The Story So Far is certainly worth mentioning; its lyrical simplicity and somber guitar tone work perfectly in accordance with each other to create a beautifully simple song. It's one of the best tracks they've ever put out.

It's punk

Clairvoyant is better then Navy Blue.

Before All Time Low went to shit Remembering Sunday was amazing.
youtube.com/watch?v=ccKV1X9uyP4

Yeah, that's really not a bad example actually. A little hokey at points but more genuine than what the pop punk ballad has become for sure.

More like Big Time Homo

>dude we talk about dicks and jacking off lol we're blink182 xD

When would you personally say they went to shit?

I like everything up to and including Nothing Personal, and nothing after except Don't Panic.

I don't think you're in any business to make fun of their sense of humor.

And they're not in any business to be making music, yet there they are.

Everything after So Wrong It's Right. They've always been pretty generic after that, but it wasn't from their heart anymore imo.

Just thought of this one. Not sure if it counts though. Hear You Me by Jimmy Eat World. That's top tier.

Fall Out Boy's What a Catch Donnie is for sure a ballad. Good song too. Best song post-Infinity in High.

>God-tier Pop Punk ballads
Sum 41 - Pieces: youtube.com/watch?v=By7ctqcWxyM
Yellowcard - City of Devils: youtube.com/watch?v=NolTCxANxA8
All American Rejects - It Ends Tonight: youtube.com/watch?v=yfdAGkjHGac
Green Day - Waiting: youtube.com/watch?v=xc1Uld0k4W4
Paramore - We Are Broken: youtube.com/watch?v=tcckFDk9RQo

>Sum 41 - Pieces

People actually like that song?

Dude, It Ends Tonight is the exact kind of shmaltzy just filling our ballad quota that I'm talking about

Betch, that's not better than 20 Dollar Nose Bleed, I'll cut you.

Story So Far and State Champs are fucking atrocious, not just their accustic shit.

For acoustic punk check out Off With Their Heads - won't be missed

Jimmy Eat World were great, it's a shame they went to shit

I hate pizzacore too. Fuck four year strong and the wonder years