Need some advice/insight b. I'm 23 but I get alcohol withdrawal symptoms after I drink for more than 2 nights in a row...

Need some advice/insight b. I'm 23 but I get alcohol withdrawal symptoms after I drink for more than 2 nights in a row. Really bad anxiety, heart feels weird, almost palpitation like, and sometimes terrible insomnia. I've cut down on how often I drink, only one weekend every two weeks but I still get it. I have probably 12-15 drinks when I drink though. Any advice on how to combat this other than the obvious one of stop drinking?

just gonna bump with some nudes in the meantime

More

All I got of that girl

Medfag here. You're fucking up your heart. Stop it.

>obvious one of stop drinking

Just more hot on off then?

I agree, maybe drinking just isn't for you

So what should I do. I'm in college so drinking basically equals my social life. If I stop drinking for a few months is it possible to go back to where I would just get a normal hangover after drinking and not feel like I'm actually gonna die?

drop booze altogether
pick up books

It's starting to seem like my body just isn't made to handle alcohol. Although I did get wasted and do cocaine pretty much every day for like a year so that might have done it.

recovering alkie here, 1 year clean

stop drinking, get on an appropriate anti-depressant / anti-anxiety med, and FIX THE SHITTY PARTS OF YOUR LIFE THAT MAKE YOU NEED TO DRINK

it's the hardest thing i've ever done in my life but it's worth it

>FIX THE SHITTY PARTS OF YOUR LIFE THAT MAKE YOU NEED TO DRIN
so you're saying i should kill myself
being alive makes me need to drink

that's what all alkies say before they get better

you probably just need more money, a less stressful job, more sex, a hobby, friends, time in nature, a pet, etc

it's not some big existential thing

you can actually be somewhat content / happy if everyday, regular variables are good

I really only drink socially though. Both of my grandfathers were alcoholics so I wouldn't be surprised if I'm predisposed to have alcoholic tendencies. Like one of my grandpas got really bad Dt's and had to be hospitalized when he quit. Again I really don't drink that often anymore.

12-15 drinks isn't social, it's hardcore binging

i know that sounds goody two-shoes and alcohol education counselor-ish but it's true, you will realize that if you get that routien out of your life for a few months

did you trade alxohol for cock?

so i need to start life over from scratch with a different character
sounds like another reason to drink

k

Op here. I've been happy being a poor college student living by the beach without drinking before. Even now I'm happy when I don't drink so it does sound like there are some underlying issues that encourage you to drink. It kinda sounds like you're self medicating with booze when you could be taking prescribed anti-depressants. I think you should look into getting a psychologist/psychiatrist.

Just stock up on valium or similar benzo or barbiturate don't use in conjunction but keep on hand to keep dt's away

You're not wrong, I guess I mean I only do it in social settings. And I'm not a mess when I do it either or fight people and shit. So I don't know if you would know the answer to this but is this reversible? I'm still young and would like to be able to have a weekend or two a month where I can go out and get drunk with my friends without having these terrible side-effects

No I have a job and a home.

When I have gotten anxiety from stopping drinking I usually just take 5HTP and workout for like 3 hours and that seems to help a ton, I'm not really trying to take another drug to fight the withdrawals of another drug. That or I have like a beer an hour until I feel alright again.