Brand New Albums Rankings

The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Of Me>Science Fiction>Daisy>Deja Entendu>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Your Favorite Weapon

Accurate?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caesium-137
youtube.com/watch?v=3Gwjd9YIwOM
youtube.com/watch?v=eD0N0BNq3KQ
youtube.com/watch?v=P6NeJioMNpg
youtube.com/watch?v=4AKs7Ag9kZg
youtube.com/watch?v=s9FnBE_Z_BY
youtube.com/watch?v=kA2ArvgL0EY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah, I'd say that's accurate. Daisy is a bit underrated imo though.

Scr*w off nerd

haven't listened to the new one yet but I agree with the rest

You're in for a treat buddy.

TDAG = Fight Off Your Demons > Science Fiction Side A > Daisy > Deja > Science Fiction Side B > YFW

where the fuck is the LINK

Check the share thread my man, it's in it.

Is it similar to DAGARIM

Looks about right

I'd say a hybrid of Daisy and DAGRIM, but more similar to Daisy in atmosphere .

if you think Your favorite weapon isn't a fun album you are lying to yourself

Your favorite weapon sucks, I'm pretty sure even the band are ashamed of it. Although The No Seatbelt Song is pretty good.

As long as D&G is first and YFW is last, the middle is just up to personal taste. I tend to think they each play a role in the revelation of their progression, which is fucking great if you grew up alongside them. Science fiction is the first one that's not a radical departure from the previous, and it has a summation feel to it.

this

this

it's absolutely a radical departure from daisy. more introspective lyrics, zero anger, lots of acoustic guitars

GOAT angsty pop punk album

how can you resist TELL ALL THE ENGLISH BOYS YOU MEET

ALONE ON A SATURDAY NIGHT
WITH ALL MY DOORS LOCKED UP TIGHT

There are a couple tracks that could've been on Daisy. It sort of blends elements of the previous albums in a new package. But I don't think they reinvented themselves as much this time around.

Science Fiction > Daisy = Deja > Devil & God > YFW

This album is some of their best stuff

Bad opinion

Devil > Daisy >>>> Deja >>>>>>>>>> YFW.

Very, very early days with Science Fiction but I could see it being #2 or #3

Can we at least agree that Same Logic/ Teeth is the best song on SF?

This song really stood out to me too

SF>D&G=Daisy>Deja>YFW

Batter Up is the best in my opinion.

it's like a Modest Mouse song except actually good

Can see it really growing on me as I already like it a lot more on second listen.

Standouts so far:
>Lit Me Up
>Can't Get It Out
>Waste
>In the Water
>Batter Up

>I stole bricks from the dam almost every day
>now I'm drowning in the flood I made
>explain myself to me on the other side
>i'm gonna want some answers when I die

>YFW last

you fucking pleb

It's definitely up there

Top 5 Tracks imo

>Batter Up
>Could Never Be Heaven
>137
>Lit Me Up
>Out Of Mana

>Batter Up,Could Never Be Heaven and Same Logic Teeth

Devil > Daisy > Demons > Sci-fi >>>> Deja >>>>>>> weapon

I don't think any album is bad, but nothing tops devil for me. Objectively, you could argue either daisy us their best however. It's just not my personal favourite. Sci-fi might jump past demons after more Listens however.

Early favourites are Waste, 137, Logic/Teeth, Could never be Heaven

man this album just hits so close to home.. does anyone else feel that way? i've been growing up with this band since high school, and all the albums came at really specific times in my life and Science Fiction just completely encapsulates all that I'm feeling about life, growing up, etc.. I honestly think its just as good or even better than Devil and God. I can't get enough

How old are you?

Just curious. I'm 24 and feel the same.

I can kind of resonate, although i only started listening when Daisy was released.

451 is so good

Same here, I just turned 24, at the risk of sounding too lame this album just completely hits home. I've been feeling a lot of resistance and sadness about growing older, and Brand New was always there for like major life milestones, and this album just came at the perfect time. Kinda like I still feel like a teenager/kid, but slowly realizing that everything/one is getting older and that sense of hope is getting harder and harder to hold on to; the revelation that life is moving faster and faster is just getting to me more and more, and I feel this album totally has that sense. Sorry if that sounded too edgy haha
Yeah I started with YFW in fuckin freshmen year and this band has been there ever since.... it kinda comes full circle. What an album.

I love how Jessie is singing with weird characters again like (ala Me vs Maradona vs Elvis) in Desert. It's so sinister and creepy I love it so much. The southern twang from Daisy sounds fucking incredible on this album

Science Fiction>Daisy>Devil and God>Your Favorite Weapon>Deja

God I haven't listened to BN in years becuase I felt I grew out of them but this album hurts and hits so close to home I feel it on such a deep level

if you want to feel weird, try listening to Jude Law and then something from Science Fiction immediately after

TDAG>>>>>>>sex>Science Fiction>>>Deja>YFW>Daisy(which is still at least a 7)>demos>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mene>>>>>>erectile disfunction>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>scraping your balls on sandpaper>>>>>>>>>>>>>those shitty singles they released between daisy and science fiction

Deja Entendu > Demos 2006 > TDAG > Science Fiction > YFW > Daisy

Official rankings.

So is Batter Up their last song? I dont want them to stop making music

That's because it's just an incredible album, nevermind nostalgia or any of their other stuff.

If you *are* take the rest of their stuff into consideration, it's their masterpiece. It's a transcendent post-hardcore album. All the self-referential stuff? It's incredible. If this is really their album, I'm happy. What a way to go out.

Moshi Moshi > Devil & God

Don't know if noted yet. 137 might be referring to something about Nagasaki, maybe, obviously.

From wiki: "For 12 months prior to the nuclear attack, Nagasaki had experienced five small-scale air attacks by an aggregate of 136 U.S. planes which dropped a total of 270 tons of high explosive"

The 137th being the one that dropped the bomb?

Every single one is a 10/10, your order is right but the gaps are retarded.

Dude i saw them in SC last year and they played mixtape, seventy times 7, secondary, and soco amaretto lime. I don't think theyre ashamed of any of their work.

Think it has more to do with this:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caesium-137

>Caesium-134 and caesium-137 were released into the environment during nearly all nuclear weapon tests and some nuclear accidents, most notably the Chernobyl disaster and the Fukushima Daiichi disaster.

I was listening to it earlier thinking "This is some kind of weird pink floyd inspired lovechild between brand new and modest mouse."

I just turned 25 two days ago and I feel the same too.. Did brand new just influence our personalities that much, or what the fuck?

Definite AOTY potential, and I'm listening through right now, only at Waste.

What the fuck same here, 24 also.

just wait till you get to same logic/teeth

I'm 29, so Deja came out when I was 15, TDAG came out when I was 18, and Daisy came out when I was 21. All at the exact right moments in my life to complement it. I feel like after 8 years I get another album for the right time in my life.

28 here, old man. AMA

Gonna be 25 in October. I didn't get into them until a couple of years ago, however.

yall are trippin. 451 is the god tier song here

this, especially at high volume

So how many songs did they plagiarize on THIS album?

youtube.com/watch?v=3Gwjd9YIwOM
youtube.com/watch?v=eD0N0BNq3KQ

youtube.com/watch?v=P6NeJioMNpg
youtube.com/watch?v=4AKs7Ag9kZg

youtube.com/watch?v=s9FnBE_Z_BY
youtube.com/watch?v=kA2ArvgL0EY

oh god he sounds like the Coldplay singer

I don't think he sounds like Martin at all.

Wow Jesse looks old here