Does this board hate this album now?

Does this board hate this album now?

(I hope so because it would confirm I have better taste than all of you.)

emotionally dishonest post

nah its just some meme shit

No, but the weak-willed alt-right babies will come here to shit on it cuz "LE ANARCHARY DUM COMMIES MAYMAY" because anything outside their political spectrum is uncomfortable for them and their weak egos

Nobody loved it in the first place

All 9 people on this board. Yup, you have the best taste.

lol

name a better post rock album that sounds similar

i like it

Literally every single post rock album ever

Look-up the post-rock tag on bandcamp and coundcloud.

It's a 6/10

Dirty Three - Ocean Songs

Wait is this the reason for all the shitposting?

>better

not answers

well people have always derided it as "crescendocore" but anecdotally I can say that the shitting on it increased after their new album was announced (with clear left wing themes)...

>he thinks gy!be is better than dirty three
wew lad

Dirty Three are brought down by their drummer, whereas GY!BE has one of the best drummers in music currently.

Dirty Three are brought down by their production, whereas GY!BE has had some of the best production in rock music

Dirty Three are derivative, whereas GY!BE clearly breaks their songs into movements that don't overstay their welcome and actually add to the song as a whole

>Post-rock
>Good
MAMMA MIA!

>better
>taste

literally everything in this post is false

its an amazing album with wonderful layers of sound.

listen to grails

Think about how much better they would be without that violin.

For me, Godspeed is still the be all and end all of post rock. If a genre of music has a "last boss", they'd be it.

Old fag here. I hated that album when it came out. My housemate rinsed it out and it got right on my wick. He had a psychotic break six months later and ended up in the asylum. That's where shite music gets you kiddies.

>Dirty Three are derivative, whereas GY!BE clearly breaks their songs into movements that don't overstay their welcome and actually add to the song as a whole
top kek

Go back to the site you came from faggot

like it's just true that Dirty Three are fine but not that focused...they're the hipster answer card for 'post rock'

This album is the dullest shit ever you dumbass. So fuck off with the superior taste shit, just because you can handle monotonous emotional wank doesn't make your musical taste surperior, you just look like a insecure bitch stating something so pathetic.

OP here, literally being the opposite of insecure. what's an album that's not dull but still emotional, by the way? since you're so secure

yeah this board likes to cycle through Sup Forumscore punching bags

It's like if new Swans but castrated, lobotomised, and ordained

Its pretty good if you're into film scores and stuff like that. I've only recently started to enjoy post-rock though.

No

>I've only recently started to enjoy post-rock though.
Ironically though, right?

they don't sound very honest to me

I never liked it much before, but Sigur Ros is pretty good. I'm just trying a bunch of stuff I didn't like 2 years ago.

Why the fuck did I burst out laughing to this

>Baiting me to post a album I like so you can dismiss it and then further accentuate your sad musical ego

>OP HERE I'M SO SECURE AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T LIKE GYBE IS Sup Forums and....
haha ok man. you reek of insecurity though.

I used to adore Godspeed but lately I feel like they're just snake oil salesmen who got lucky for making a really out there Western Apocalypse album (f#a#).

You get the sense that there's two halves of the band, one half is classically trained and the other is just guitar and effects meddling. They do some cool stuff, I still like them, but never did I get the impression that their songwriting was anything advanced.

John Cale was capturing a sense of dread and transcendence when he worked with Nico, and practically did what they wanted to do first, and much better decades earlier lol. You could name tons of other artists who have done the same.

They know they're not original. They just have a bunch of fans who think they're some groundbreaking shit.

Y'know they make the music cause they're poor as fuck right? Gotta make a living.

>commie cuckrock
>good
lol

always thought it sucked

Sleep is the only song I enjoy desu

That wasn't meant to be a reply

nah like I really wanna know, I'm not a newfag by any means and in terms of post rock I've heard most of the notable stuff. egotists usually like things that aren't popular so they look 2deep4u, but I don't think very much post rock comes close to GYBE

Not him but I like Slint. GY!BE is fucking cancer though. It literally killed the momentum of the post rock genre that Slint started. GY!BE ensured there would never be another original idea in the genre.

Tortoise was good. Last time there were good ideas.

Stop looking at things in a "post-rock" blanket. Post rock is just a term that tries to pigeon hole a bunch of varying genres to one sound. It's musical and intellectual poison to view things through that lense. You have to go deeper son.

TalkTalk
Slint
Swans

>slint started
you're fucking retarded kill yourself faggot

i mean i don't, i understand the pigeon hole thing. just saying nothing that sounds like GYBE sounds as good as it. seems like

>muh crescendo
and
>muh apocalypse

are pretty bad criticisms. sure there's some pandering and emotional wank, but i think it's beautifully composed, directional music with a lot of emotion and humanity behind it

>you're fucking retarded
Holy shit great argument wtf I love gybe now! All this time I just needed to kill myself and I would suddenly understand the appeal of emotionall dishonest shit rock!

>emotional wank

spotted the Sup Forums

>GY!BE fans have been reduced to calling the entirety of Sup Forums "Sup Forums" in order to defend their horrible band
The wagons are circling boys. Watch out, they're gonna start to lash out next.

This is fucking pathetic that this is how you defend your gay little band lol

i dont know if i have adhd or something but why should i listen to something if its not any fun?

What's a good alternative to GY!BE besides Slint and Talk Talk? I've heard both and think both are fine but I gotta admit I like GY!BE better.

Here you go, three musicians coming together to express the joy of Jazz and life.

Red Sparowes and iLiKETRAiNS are kind of similar. Both are a lot cheesier though.

not defending them, just pointing out that music criticism like that is way too inane to come from a native Sup Forums poster so the user in question has to be from Sup Forums. still trying to fathom what the user even meant by "emotional wank".

>music criticism like that is way too inane to come from a native Sup Forums poster
Is it literally your first day here or something?

Yeah Sup Forums is the pinnacle of intellectual criticism. I can tell you've been here a long time. DON'T kys whatever you do.

>so the user in question has to be from Sup Forums
That makes absolutely no sense

considering that Sup Forums has been spamming GYBE threads for the past few weeks, why doesn't that make sense?

>Sup Forums has been spamming GYBE threads for the past few weeks
Prove it's Sup Forums and not just a Sup Forumstant who doesn't like GYBE.

Pro tip: you can't

holy shit this post has to be sarcasm

Where do you retards get this shit lol. The fucking paranoia and entitlement!

almost took you serious there, well meme'd lad.

>people on Sup Forums couldn't possibly disagree with me. It has to be Sup Forums!

Sup Forums's been aware of GYBE's political leanings for years so it makes no sense for them to be hot topics all of a sudden (even the little memo in regards to their new album had already been wrung of any worthwhile discussion at least a month ago). plus the threads are filled to the brim with users writing in dense politcal jargon that no one actually uses outside of Sup Forums.

Oh I get it guys. This absolute newfaggot doesn't know what a copypasta is lol.

>well people have always derided it as "crescendocore"
they only started doing this after every other post rock band started doing crescendocore as well

> accuse people of being obsessed with politics
> spew inane alt-left cuckshit even though it's completely irrelevant to the discussion.
We about to go full Ratko Vladic on you degenerates, boi

im not conflating copypastas with regular posts, so no to the point of your post (if it indeed has one).

It's a known fact, that alt-right crybabies are fucking hysteric faggots.

you sound like one right now

exhibit A. the average Sup Forumstant just isn't making a random reference to a bosnian war criminal. you guys make this too easy.

The only person in this thread who's crying is the one whining about Sup Forums for no good reason

>they only started doing this after every other post rock band started doing crescendocore as well
I mean always as in ive seen that attitude towards them for a while, atleast on mu. Obviously that wouldnt have been the case when they were newer...

>alt-left
are you a shitlib or are you this brain damaged that you have to repeat every word that comes out of trumps mouth verbatim?

Only reasonable post ITT

pol mad that their shitty black metal got nixed off of spotify

Rachel's - The Sea and the Bells
Papa M - Live From A Shark Cage

>implying that I'm whining
Simply pointing out the fact, that Nazi scum are fucking abhorrent.

IMHO it's good but too repetitive.

I preffer Causa Sui. If you want to start checking Causa Sui go for Euporie Tide album.

-R

Bravo, user. Your wisdom knows no bounds

t. Bootlicker

You seem upset.

The only one who's judging you is yourself.

>irrelevant to the discussion
wut

Sup Forums can you not shit up one just one fucking thing for once. Im sick and tired of talking to 14 year old epic right wing memelords. fuck off back to your containment board

What the fuck are you on about?
Is this pure delirium or are there any anarchistic/commie messages in the album? I listened to it literally hundreds of times and I never caught any, if so.

seconding this what the fuck is everyone talking about? Other than their statements i have never caught a commie/anarchist message in their albums

thats what the bands ideology is about. look at things the band has done/said outside of their albums. also the speech in f#a# has a lot of late/anti-captalist overtones

toru takemitsu

was skrewdriver ever on there?

Yeah because thats totally why people hate them and not bc their music is boring pretentious angus.

they asked why people brought up politics with the band, i told em why. some of it is boring tho, some not. theyre still good for an occasional listen here and there and would see em live for sure. their albums have just aged to be kind of bland

It just makes it worse.

Listen to F#A#Infinity, what is "the machine is bleeding to death" supposed to convey other than leftist anticapitalist apocalypticism?