It's obvious that 82 games just isn't working out for the NBA...

It's obvious that 82 games just isn't working out for the NBA. Basketball alone is just far too taxing on the body without even including accidents and dirty plays.

How do you guys reckon the NBA should move forward?

Shorten the regular season, maybe start some sort of tournaments that go on throughout the year?

when the expansion comes.

2 games against same conference, 30 games
1 game against other conference in a neutral location. this can be locations across europe and asia. rest between these games are longer.

so total 46 games.

bottom 16 teams have a single elimination tournament that starts before the playoffs and lasts a week. winner gets some award, especially the players.

What percentage of their revenue is derived from tickets?

Because if it's a big part, forget about shortening the regular season.

It can't be THAT much some teams sell tickets very cheap.

>apehoop players can't play 82 games when it's a foul to even breathe on someone

o i am laffin

Let me guess..furpuck?

>tfw can't participate in game threads because you have to pay for the channels with the good games

not much, tickets go for as cheap as $20

yoursportsinhd.com

That dude has a huge dick. Goddamm.

>40 Oz dunk and bounce
>too taxing on the body

Top kek. Truth is that nobody gives a fuck about cuckhoop regular season because it is irrelevant and only 2 teams matter at any point

But yeah, it's the season length that's the problem

less games would mean less ads too

Increase roster size.

58 games makes the most sense. Home and away for every team in the NBA. Problem is the NBA's TV contracts are tied to 82 games seasons. Not only would the most popular teams be less available for national TV games, but every team would have to renegotiate their TV and advertising deals locally. Now instead of 41 games where Local Car Dealership are sponsoring the 2nd qtr timeout fan race, it's down to 29. So there would be no way to make the transition to less games without looking like you are losing money to investors.

I'm with you. If players are too fragile now. switch to hockey style line changes.

Have you ever played basketball?

Like 2-way basketball?

my problem with 82 games is that each game means so little
i have no investment in regular season games, even in rivalry grudge matches, because i know ultimately it barely matters
they'll never reduce the number of games though, would be a massive loss in revenue. the increase in product quality wouldn't even come close to compensating

Wouldn't less games just mean advertisers would just have to pay even more for thier ads?

Supply and demand type a thing.

I think its fine as is.
MJ played all 82 games as a 40 year old.
What they should focus on is tanking, 1/3 of teams purposely losing devalues the regular season

I don't understand why there are so many games in the NBA.

I mean why not just play every team twice? The playoffs are already set up to minimize a fluke progression.

This is a stark contrast to the NFL, where teams can have a good fixture and a lucky run to make the playoffs like the Loins last year. But no one really complains about it.

>taxing
Are you kidding?
Sure it isn't a walk in the park, but it's nothing really.

LeBron and Dirk both said that the season was too long.

the biggest problem for basketball is that 82 games isn't just hard to do, but you just don't need that many games to determine who is good. you know who the 4-6 teams who have a shot are. you could easily reduce the season in half, keep the same month timeframe, and play like 2 games a week for 5 months

i mean, they also need to contract the league by 6-8 teams to consolidate talent as well, but the season length reduction in the first step

not even just that, there's also the fact that there is so much scoring that not only is each game relatively meaningless (like baseball), hell even the majority of each game you watch is meaningless. so much scoring that you can basically just watch the last quarter and not miss anything.

they are both lazy

>salary is $20 million
>complains about working too much

he aint wrong tho

Players these days are just soft. You don't see people 10-20 years taking games off despite playing 82 games in a more physical era

Damn. It all makes sense now.

The guys back then weren't nearly as athletic and conditioned like today's players though.

>nba
doesnt matter

But he is. Hockey is no where near as physically taxing on the body as basketball

Then today's players should adapt or get the fuck out. Who cares about their health? If they don't want the paycheck, they can retire after their first or second contract.

Expand the league to 32 and play each team twice, and each time in the same division another two times, adding up to 70 games.

There's no way they're going to cut it any lower than that, they'd lose too much money.

I'm under the impression that the NBA has already put shit in their recent TV contracts allowing them to reduce the number of games. They just need to pull the trigger.

is this nigga for real right now

I'm laughing so hard

>being stupid

They can charge more

It's true.

Basketball involves so many awkward movements and constantly switching directions it absolutely destroys your joints and ligaments.

Take away the "hits" from hockey and is it still that bad?

Expansion? There are already 25 irrelevant teams. Season should be shortened and there should be relagation like in soccer. Also fix the joke of a cap

And how the fuck do you propose they police tanking?

by changing the lottery system. reward teams for TRYING to make the playoffs.

Fag!!

Hey everyone look at this faggot!

Shorten the regular season, raise the rim