Why do nu males hate prog so much?

Why do nu males hate prog so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n8sLcvWG1M4
youtube.com/watch?v=0K1_7QT_POg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>steal from Can
>No. We all hate prog rock

they just want to seem deep for not liking rock music that involves higher levels of musicianship and technical proficiency and only liking simpler stuff. they hate the image more than the actual thing

Prog rock is an exclusively nu male genre.

everyone hates prog

no, indie rock/pop and pop rap is. nu males has low self esteem so they hate everyone that is skilled and hard working, because it diminish their feel art.

>Thom's whole spiel about why "guitars r dum"
He makes good music, but he should shut the fuck up about instrumentation. Guitars might be "overused" in his eyes, but that doesn't mean guitars are creatively bankrupt.

These. Prog is for autist and teenagers.

>muh tecnicallity
>muh complexity
>muh art

Fuck off and grow up, music and every "art form" out there exists only for entertainment.

Holy shit you're a fag. Have you listened to an entire album by KC, Genesis, yes, or Rush? Some are unironically good and aren't just indulgent wankfests. Stop dismissing entire genres

actually a good example of what I'm talking aboutdoes thom yorke actually dislike guitars? fuck no, guitar music is literally his life and he loves it. he just wants to be too cool for it

Prog rock's audience is far harder to discredit than other audiences. You can claim that the audience for most rock genres is a bunch of sexist, hypermacho, hyperagressive jerks. You can't really do that with prog; it's generally a middle class audience, who generally is very nerdy, so to speak, and more importantly - can make fun of themselves. You have to discredit the entire genre as "trying too hard", when most prog musicians didn't even take themselves too seriously (Geddy Lee and the cleaning machines filled with shirts, Rick Wakeman asking for curry delivery during Yes shows...) - while at the same time not trying to discredit the audience.

Thus, hating prog rock is a thing they tend to do, since it's one way of discrediting most rock albums without discrediting an audience similar enough that you can't target them for being too masculine. That said, the key difference is that prog rock, which could have been a numale genre, isn't one because most prog musicians don't take themselves as seriously as indie pop musicians do.

Is there anything more embarrassing than rock music thinking its a serious artform? thats why i hate prog.

btw it was Jonny Greenwood who said that

this.

Emerson, Lake, & Palmer [Cotillion, 1971]

This opens with "The Barbarian," a keyboard showpiece (not to slight all the flailing and booming underneath) replete with the shifts of tempo, time, key, and dynamics beloved of these bozos. Does the title mean they see themselves as rock and roll Huns sacking nineteenth-century "classical" tradition? Or do they think they're like Verdi portraying Ethiopians in Aida? From such confusions flow music as clunky as these heavy-handed semi-improvisations and would-be tone poems. Not to mention word poems. C

Pictures From An Exhibition [Cotillion, 1972]

This cover version of Moussorgsky's mouldy oldie does have a big new beat, but you can't dance to it, and the instrumentation seems a bit spare. Anyway, the truth is that I don't even listen to the original much. D+

Trilogy [Cotillion, 1972]

The pomposities of Tarkus and the monstrosities of the Moussorgsky homage clinch it--these guys are as stupid as their most pretentious fans. Really, anybody who buys a record that divides a . . . composition called "The Endless Enigma" into two discrete parts deserves it. C-

Brain Salad Surgery [Cotillion, 1973]

Is this supposed to be a rebound? Because certified classical composer Pete Sinfield (who gets royalties after all) attests to their sensitivity on the jacket? Because the production is so clear that you can hear the gism dripping off the microphone? C-

Their sense of humor went right over his head, it seems.

his ItCotCK review sums it up lol
he just has something completely unrelated to the music motivating him to hate it

I'd have said Prog is a new male thing. Not originally. But it's generally lefty nerds who like the noodling these days.

your intense, unending butthurt is highly entertaining

and technical/complex music is often very entertaining

>Moussorgsky's mouldy oldie
>I don't even listen to the original much
There are people who listen to this guy to find good music and that scares me

how come these goofballs are always so upset over instrument proficiency?

>instrument proficiency
It is usually wasted in dull and pompous music

steven wilson has a new album out guys

>soundtracks Inherent vice
>puts vitamin c on it

W E W

Prog is soulless wankery and the people who call others nu males are usually virgin nu males

Prog has always been for fucking needs, and nerds are not alpha, therefore prog is a cuck genre

these fuckers have been ripping off kraut and prog rock for years lmao what a bunch of try hard fucks

>Radiohead hates prog
>Steven Wilson loves Radiohead and calles them truly progressive

Hmmmmm..

Go listen to your Grizzly Bear and The National nu-male

>Prog is soulless wankery
You don't know shit about prog

How is this song soulless

youtube.com/watch?v=n8sLcvWG1M4
youtube.com/watch?v=0K1_7QT_POg

>music only exists for entertainment
>fuck off kiddo how dare you be entertained by something I'm not entertained by
oh the ironing

Pure jealousy. They don't like it when someone else stands out in some way that is not immediately attainable to them.

>King Crimson, Genesis, Rush, the list goes on...

Thom Yorke would kick your ass buddy

>>steal from Can

(You)

I've made a handy guide for anybody who needs answers on this matter.

What if I don't give a shit about the skill level of the musicians and just think it sounds good?

>hating prog rock
>when most guitar work on OK Computer has been ripped off from Gilmour

Lucky and the Tourist are pure Floyd worship

i cant listen to pink floyd without think about how many boring people think it's the deepest music ever. my spanish teacher in high school would ramble about how brilliant pink floyd was because they used uncommon time signatures occasionally. here's the truth: all of pink floyd's hits are basically pop rock masquerading as profound. if they dropped the pretentious shtick didnt become everyone's favorite band to wax lyrical about while stoned then they would have been fine, another solid rock outfit in the same vein as the byrds, stones, etc. but unfortunately they embraced pseudo-intellectual lyricism and started pumping out overblown "concept" albums. they became the kind of shit rym faggots live for. these people, more than anything, want pop music that they can pretend is meaningful and classify as "art rock." sorry, it's not.

Kek where is this pasta from

>nu males has low self esteem so they hate everyone that is skilled and hard working, because it diminish their feel art.

That seems oddly specific, almost biographic, wanna tell us something, user?

he's trying to impress Bjork like the betacuck he is

Can are not prog rock, they are kraut rock.

>that doesn't mean guitars are creatively bankrupt
But they are.

>Rush
They are the epitome of indulgent wankfest, wtf

You forgot to link your dishwasher's Bandcamp ambient LP

kys