>we are alone in the universe

Said the religious guy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ycvlJ9XMd94
catdir.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0707/2001059658-s.html
youtube.com/watch?v=YCeclDRhzPA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Please show me aliens that arent already dead please

No, were only alone in being stupid. The universe is full of millions if not billions of earths and people like us.

lambright here.

14 billion years have past and the universe is still empty. We have been broadcasting radio for 100 years that will travel forever. The only radio we hear is background noise.

obligatory

youtube.com/watch?v=ycvlJ9XMd94

God you're an idiot holy shit. The radio signals we have broadcasted haven't even reached .00000001% of the universe yet. They haven't even reached the nearest star yet. You fucking idiot.

As time goes on we will only discover how alone we actually are.

Completely missed the point. Kill yourself.

>7

No you did by being an uneducated nigger.

Or how about we're the first space faring civilization? We are just early to the party.

@:^D

>We aren't alone in the universe

Said the "science" guy who's only knowledge is facebook pics from IFLS

You realize this is only half the equation right? The universe being big, no matter how big, does not mean there's other life in it unless you also have the likelyhood of life forming in any given place. You can't claim that it's likely that there's other life in the universe when you only have the numbers of how big the universe is, and zero numbers on the likelihood of life. Half the equation is missing

No way. The odds are impossible.

Simpsons can't be wrong

that's a lot of bags of dicks to suck.

You can say the same for religion..

Universe is 11 billion years old. I doubt it.

If there was other intelligent life we would have picked up their radio signals dumb shit. Off yourself your wasting precious rare life.

Those waves cannot travel that far accurately because they are not broadcasted from a powerful enough transmitter

The odds of an intelligent species even being able to interpret those transmissions is a million to one.

Yet still they come...

>The odds are impossible.

What odds? There are no odds. See this post There are no odds, there is no likelyhood, there is no numbers, for the chance of life forming in any part of the universe. There is absolutely no reason to think there is. The equation doesn't exist. The universe being big does not mean this because there's no likelyhood for life forming.

What does this mean? this is not an argument

Are we alone in the universe? Definitely not.

Is there other intelligent life? I'd say maybe. I don't think that life will necessarily always evolve to the point of higher intelligence. I honestly think humans were a huge accident and that most planets that do contain life have a bunch of stupid animals and that's it.

all those stars and not a single sign of life

Do you like sci-fi? I feel you would greatly enjoy "Blindsight."

Just like an internet repeater. The signal gets weaker and then stops. The universe is infinite. When space traveling, you aren't going to hit an invisible wall.

>Definitely not.
Definitely wrong. Wrong by definition of definitely. To say this you'd need definite proof of other life. You're already wrong in the first line of your post.

Anyone got the pic like this, but with jesus saying "don't masturbate"?

I think you're kinda right.

We have no equal, Not even close. However we weren't accidents just from pure luck.

Ok, so when people say, "muh god in heaven" that means there can't be heaven or god because no proof... science 1 religion 0

>he's never read Thomas Aquinas

I'll have to check it out. I love sci-fi type shit like Ender's Game.

This is all just speculation here. Giving the vast distance between stars I doubt we're ever going to find life anytime soon since we cannot physically reach these planets that fall within the habitable zone of their stars.

Fuck it, their could be life on Jupiter's moons but we can't even get close enough yet to study it. All I'm saying is for right now we can only speculate. So I apologize for speaking in definites.

If someone says 'there is definitely a God in heaven" then that person is wrong.

If someone says "it is likely that there's a God in heaven" then that person is wrong.

if someone says "I believe there is a God in heaven" then that person is not wrong unless you can prove there isn't

science=0 religion=0 they're unrelated

>there are live in other planets
where are mah proooof

>other intelligent life
it lives with us right on this planet and we refuse to believe.

>This is all just speculation here.
You're right
>All I'm saying is for right now we can only speculate
no, you said definitely, and so you were wrong.

I accept your apology though

Man... Looking at that pic always gives me chills knowing that we're stuck in our local cluster while there could possibly be billions of other species, but we can't meet each other because the universe is expanding faster than the speed of light..

seriously, we can only explore our local cluster.

So even if there's one life harboring planet per galaxy, there may be only one other one in our cluster in andromeda

Explain? Are you one of those reptilian truthers? I used to believe in that shit too. Then I turned 15.

Radio waves go about 1.5 light years before dissipating

Show me ones that are dead! What are you hiding, Canada??

> the only radio we hear
> we hear
> we

All y'all mutha fucka need to learn about exoplanets.

WE

There's a story sort of like this actually:

catdir.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0707/2001059658-s.html

I've often wondered if this is the way it is.

RIDF please gtfo. That's exactly what a reptilian would say.

How did you get that picture of the milky way?
How you get that picture of the local galactic group?
How did you get that picture of the virgo supercluster
How did you get that picture of the local superclusters?
How did you get that picture of the observable universe?

>Please show me aliens that arent already dead please
Just turn on the TV, they are everywhere.

Don't worry senpai, it's basically impossible given the amount of stars in the Milky Way alone that there isn't intelligent life. Like, mathematically, it's impossible for there not to be, even in our very own galaxy.

Also, several of the planets in our solar system are thought to have supported simple life forms at one time.e.

Dude, science, duh. Fucking Christfags.

wait.. thats a legit question.

I'm not sure I know the point you're trying to make, but those obviously aren't actual photographs. They're images generated based on inference and indirect observation.

Of course we're not alone, the nuwabians will come back in their flying pyramids to rescue the niggers and take them to planet Dindu where the white devil cant hurt them.

If religion never existed, we would be interstellar by now...

ayy lmao confirmed

Consider it's taken billions of years for us to get to where we are today. Consider primitives are STILL living in the south america, africa, etc. Can you even compare a stick thrower who is still working on how to grow food to us? How long would it take, for another planet to go from single celled organisms, to where we are now, let alone to where interstellar travel is not just a possibility but reality?

It is ENITIRELY possible albeit in my opinion unlikely that we, at this moment in time, are alone.

You don't believe in God due to a complete lack of evidence, yet you believe in aliens despite a complete lack of evidence?

Why do you insist on evidence for God's existence but faith for aliens' existence?

Nothing, don't pay attention to him, he's just shitposting.

Literally SJW tier logic. There isn't a shred of evidence to this, and in fact all evidence is to the contrary.

For me, there is plenty of evidence for other intelligent life, in the form of math and probability. Sure it's an assumption, but it's an assumption with almost no chance of being false. It's also an assumption that obeys the laws of physics.

OTOH, God is a storybook character.

The evidence for extraterrestrial life is that life on our planet happened, and that there are a lot of planets. The likelihood of something happening once and only once is almost non-existant due to the size of the universe.

Okay dumb dumbs, if you have a really difficult time understanding just how massive our galaxy is, let alone the observable universe, watch Cosmos.

Full of facts and lots of pictures and animation to keep you entertained.

>Further reading: Fermi Paradox

Their computer generated based on other galaxies we've viewed.

please read this post
There is no probability in your side, there is no math, there is no chance. You aren't obeying any probability or laws. There is absolutely no number or guess for the likelyhood of life forming, meaning you cannot claim any sort of probability for life forming. You only have half the equation. The universe being enormous does not imply that life will have formed elsewhere unless you have a number for the likelyhood of life forming.

This exactly.

>lack of evidence
The universe is real.. not fiction. It is FACT that there are ~200 billion galaxies in the universe. It is FICTION that is printed on paper telling me that there is a creator with a white beard.

go to saharan desert
play loud music for 1 year
sees nobody

I must be the only person on earth

im a religious guy saying that were not alone

boom

Side note: Does anyone think that humans are ever going to leave our solar system? All this shit going down in Europe and the ME is making me think that humans probably aren't going to last much loner, let alone be able to harvest enough resources and technology to make it happen.

I don't think you understand how probability works senpai.

Humanity thrives on suffering.

send Eurabia into outer space

MEGA

I sympathize with the case for other life in the universe, but this is akin to saying "I have an unfathomably huge jar of jellybeans, surely one of them must be sentient."

Despite what you might want to believe, statistics about how much life ought to be out there aren't accurate because we still don't know enough about the specific catalyzing events that bridge chemistry and biology.

So far as we know it could be common or so impossibly rare that even a vast universe could only have one freak occurrence of it.

>it's basically impossible given the amount of stars in the Milky Way alone that there isn't intelligent life. Like, mathematically, it's impossible for there not to be, even in our very own galaxy.

According to who? People who think Star Trek is real?

Mathematically impossible? Show us the math.

The intelligent life is on Earth.

But the following argument is flawed:

Intelligent life exists on Earth, and the universe is really big, therefore intelligent life must also exist elsewhere in the universe.

fucking idiots
youtube.com/watch?v=YCeclDRhzPA

just accept it already, the proof is overwhelming

The space of probability involved in abiogenesis is vaster than the universe though.

My ballpark estimate is that abiogenesis would occur on average once in something on the order of 10^10 to 10^30 universes like ours. In ours, it occurred around Sol or some other star, and spread (or will spread) intelligently.

They are simulations. Like all the pixels on your screen right now.

I do, I don't think you understand how probability works.

We have observed life on one planet. That means to our current knowledge the probability of life being on a planet is 1/(every single planet we know of so far). You cannot claim any kind of likeliness or probability of life forming on any given planet unless you have observed a MINIMUM of 2. If I open 1 door in my entire life and see a skeleton in it, that does not mean I can use the amount of doors on earth to predict the likelihood of skeletons behind them. a sample of 1 cannot form odds or a probability equation.

galaxies are not jelly beans you fucking dense moron

Prove that the universe is real.

>infinite universe

You do realize that this means somewhere in this Universe someone just like you but with 3 ears and a nose on his forehead is sitting around on similar board like this talking about the africans controlling the world

One is based on logic, or the idea that so many other planets in the universe that it's unlikely that life hasn't formed anywhere else in the universe.

The other is based on imagination, which relies on the belief in man made stories. Don't forget that human nature is to come up with answers for phenomen that they do not understand. I.e. Humans once believed that a rain God controlled the weather until modern metereology came about.

That's actually what infinity universes means, not what our universe being infinite means

Prove that God exists first, then I'll get to work.

>I have never been to another country, therefore, surely there are no other countries

Yours is not based on logic. Read these posts
Yours is completely based on imagination. There is zero probability or likelihood that there is life on other planets. Those numbers just do not exist.

Fact: If you can't bridge the time and space to meet other peoples, you are effectively alone.

bumping my poast

watch it

THIS IS REALITY

The object really has no bearing on the argument. The point is that sentience is apart from all other known material configurations. We know a bit about where we can find "life," but we still haven't got a handle on what made the chemical soup on Earth into living things.

Absent an explanation for that you'd have no way of extrapolating how common the circumstances were in the universe.

It's actually

>I have never observed any evidence of another country existing, therefore there is no evidence or probability of another country existing

and this statement is correct. Even though other countries could very well exist, if this person has absolutely zero evidence of any other country other than his own, from his perspective there is no probability of other countries existing

WE ARE LIVING IN THE CONCAVE EARTH

Life in space? Absolutely
Intelligent life in space? Not that likely, we cant even find intelligence in africa

eternal inflation is taken seriously as a possibility by physicists. it would spawn an infinity of bubble universes where local quantum fluctuations cause the collapse of the inflaton field (i.e., a big bang)

what you describe is possible in this scenario.

There hasn't been religion under the sea for 4 billion years. Are they "intersteller by now"?

Dinosaurs lived for 165 million years, with no religion. Are they "intersteller by now"?

Wernher von Braun was not an atheist you fucking retard.

>Life in space? Absolutely
Literally objectively wrong. This is not what absolutely means. For it to be absolute you need proof. Try again.

I've made no claims on God's existence one way or the other. I want proof the universe is real. We could just be a computer simulation.

>Yours is completely based on imagination. There is zero probability or likelihood that there is life on other planets.

This is true, but the arguments presented for life elsewhere aren't simply based on the pretext that life exists here. They're extrapolations based on the circumstances of earth's current climate and chemical makeup. The point I've been making is that we lack a critical element in this makeup in that we still haven't been able to figure out what it was that catalyzed life from erstwhile dead chemical mixtures under those circumstances.

if only his perspective was fact