Why doesn't Pitchfork review his music?

Why doesn't Pitchfork review his music?

If Xbox is his god are doritos like the bread and mountain dew code red the wine?

They're catering to an audience that's above the age of 18

You mean nu-males

I wouldn't go that far

he's not hip enough for p4k

You're right. Most people grow out of prog by 16.

Fear of a Blank Planet is a cool album, I've not heard one other thing from his catalog that hasn't been garbage. His lyricism is high school creative writing course-tier. Sometimes he has some great riffs, like the intro to Blackest Eyes, but those tracks devolve into boring, unimaginative momrock, like the rest of Blackest Eyes.

why is everyone going fucking nuts over him mentioning Xbox?

p4k review many artists with even worse lyricism

>His lyricism is high school creative writing course-tier
>likes album with his worst lyrics

The musicianship and production in his albums are top tier

t. poptimist

Honestly its weird they're more willing to give top 40 pop stars the time of day but not him.

Because he has been shit for at least a decade. Yes, Pitchfork also reviews other shit music, but that doesn't mean they will review all shit music.

I like Fear of a Blank Planet because of the general songwriting, despite the lyrics being shit I think the song themselves are okay.
His musicianship is absolutely not top-tier when held up to literally any other progressive rock act that ever produced music.

>His lyricism is high school creative writing course-tier.
This. In high school I was really into Gavin Harrison so I watched some live videos of porcupine tree. At one point in the song he said some shit like "Only MTV and all the pills in me" and they had one of those video back drop things and it was literally a bunch of pills floating around. I was cringing so hard cause I knew this dude probably thought that was "soooo deep" or some shit

Who cares about shitty lyrics, they're everywhere in all genres including prog. Even the most amazing lyrics I see never get a better reaction out of me than "heh, neat".

Name one more consistent and acclaimed modern prog musician than Wilson

Setting the bar really low it seems.
Anyways, Maynard James Keenan.

labels pay pitchfork to review songs and albums, and pay extra to get best new music. so he probably doesn't care to spend money on fake reviews and hype.

how do you not know this?

am I the only one that thinks his solo work is significantly better than porcupine tree?

No, there are plenty of plebs here at Sup Forums.

at least his solo work isn't as riddled with edgelord lyrics as porcupine tree

That doesn't make his solo stuff any better.