Will rock music ever be this culturally relevant again?

Will rock music ever be this culturally relevant again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kFhayDMhweQ
youtube.com/watch?v=5BRmAANBNTs
bbc.co.uk/music/articles/2868f61d-ea81-46b4-8c19-9fc4974ec359
youtube.com/watch?v=aokx24j_xhs
youtube.com/watch?v=YbNCY9bNcWI
youtube.com/watch?v=q0zxbRYu_2g
youtube.com/watch?v=zHcJvwSHkt8
youtube.com/watch?v=DnO7ywMPbJ4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

idk probably

No, because the generic white male will never be relevant again

>culturally relevant

I think it's funny people talk about this concert like it was one of the biggest ever. It was big, sure. But not even among the most highly attended shows.

Yes, they will. The radical anti white leftists are showing their bias to the world now and society is getting sick of PC culture and those who promote it.

Probably in the next few years because rap is getting a bit stale and conservatism is en vogue again.

>250k people in attendance over two nights
>2.6 million people applied for tickets

youtube.com/watch?v=kFhayDMhweQ
youtube.com/watch?v=5BRmAANBNTs

...why though?

Yes Cletus that's why Charlottesville was such a success

maybe. why does it matter?

Imagine being in the back. What a fucking waste

Case and point

More like imagine being at an oasis show. What a fucking waste.

Yeah but it was the last time rock bands could do that shit outside of maybe Brazil nowadays.

Liam actually had his voice here. Probably one of the last times.

Check out this fucking lineup. Truly the peak moment of 90s British music.

They should have ditched Ocean Colour Scene and gotten Underworld instead and this would have been a literally perfect concert.

wtf? i'm no wrong generation kid but why aren't mainstream lineups anywhere near this good these days?

All that for just 22.50

Pretty sure part of it is hindsight. They're all classic groups now but back then they were all relatively new and a lot of people probably weren't as familiar with them.

yeah but what 250k audience concert has a lineup that good in 2017? I mean personally chemical brothers and prodigy are decent to me, and I really only loved one of manic street preachers albums, but still, this feels like such a higher bar than what we have today.

Oasis were literally just a one hit wonder with Wonderwall though. Yes they were fairly popular at England at the time, but 2.6 million people applying for tickets? Bullshit. Also there's maybe 50,000 people in that crowd at best. And they weren't all there to see Oasis, Oasis was just the headliner at that festival. I have no doubt that the band was able to play arenas and maybe a stadium or two in England, but that's it. Hell, even Blur beat them in that singles battle thing.

Outside of England, literally NOBODY knew who Oasis was. Wonderwall was a minor hit here at best for about a week but I don't recall ever hearing it more than twice at that time. Most people probably never heard it at all, much less knew who Oasis was.

>Outside of England, literally NOBODY knew who Oasis was.

mate have you ever been to Spain or Japan?

What concerts have 250,000 people even attending them these days. Coachella is the most popular America fest but even this year they only had 125,000 people over two three-day weekends and like 200 different bands.

2.6 million people did apply for tickets and they did play for that many people though bbc.co.uk/music/articles/2868f61d-ea81-46b4-8c19-9fc4974ec359

where are you from

Embarrassing post.

>being this retarded

Oasis is absolute trash my dude

america

t.nu-males

>2.6 million people applying for tickets? Bullshit.
"It's wrong because I FEEL like it is :((((("
I hope you get hit by a bus and paralyzed from the neck down tomorrow

Or America for fuck sake.
I don't even like Oasis that much but even I knew about them as a kid.

The question of whether or not rock n roll will ever be relevant again isn't an issue. We all have trends that stay and go

Yeah there was a point in the summer of '96 where Wonderwall, Don't Look Back in Anger, and Champagne Supernova were all in heavy rotation on MTV at the same fucking time. Hell, you'd even see the videos for Roll With It, Morning Glory, and Live Forever sometimes as well.

Oasis is as nu-male as it gets, hate to break it to you

>Oasis
>nu-male
How? They were the epitome of loud, obnoxious 90s pub rock about taking drugs and having a good time. Oasis were literally part of the whole boorish, testosterone-fueled football hooligan/lad culture.

>working class hooligans belting out larger-than-life meat and potatoes rock tunes, snorting coke and beating up paparazzi when they're not beating up each other

Nu-males prefer Blur and Pulp.

In their prime, sure. Unfortunately now it's essential "nu-male with a guitar at your local campus" music

>now it's essential "nu-male with a guitar at your local campus" music
Well, Wonderwall maybe, not really much of their other stuff. You're looking at a single song and its impact 20 years later, not the artist as whole in their prime.

I mean the whole lad culture of the past 25 years was a direct result of Oasis' popularity and behaviors being so frequently covered in the media.

>post-rave British guitar music

>Rob Playford is the only reason I have a career
Eat it poser

Sup Forums's official position on Oasis, spoken by the king himself

youtube.com/watch?v=aokx24j_xhs

>only producing and engineering

>metal

low quality bait

Fuck Knebworth though, if I had a chance to go back in time and see any Oasis show I'd see one of their '94 shows when they were still playing sweaty, shitty little nightclubs.

youtube.com/watch?v=YbNCY9bNcWI

No. Culture is shifting and rock no longer relates to kids these days. They only want to twerk and listen to pop music, they don't have the capacity to enjoy rock

Na I'm just not sure if anybody makes good rock these days, but when that one band comes along its gonna blow rock back into the relevancy kinda like nirvana did.

youtube.com/watch?v=q0zxbRYu_2g
youtube.com/watch?v=zHcJvwSHkt8
youtube.com/watch?v=DnO7ywMPbJ4

What the fuck is wrong with this guy?