Instead of saying gnu/linux, gnu+linux, gnu, linux - we could say gnu linux or gnulinux

instead of saying gnu/linux, gnu+linux, gnu, linux - we could say gnu linux or gnulinux.

i think the "/", the "+", and the extra syllable that comes with them is a pain in the ass over time. or relatively "unmarketable". that may make others hesitant to adopt it

"gnu" has the current connotation of being the gnu operating system by itself. tho you could mention it's gnu linux. it's current connotation is the gnu operating system.

"linux" of course assumes it's alright with gnu. which it apparently always is. but mentioning gnu helps promote the idea of gnu that brought about gnu and linux. i think it's really a matter of everyone saying "linux" informally and then that becoming the accepted de facto jargon and term when the way to say it informally is brought up in something formally. - for example - instead of saying "invitation" they say "invite" informally, then actual formal invitations say "invite", so it's formally called "invite", so "invitation" has no role. - or - same with "congratualtions" and "congrats". - etc.. - so instead of saying "GNU/Linux" they say "linux" informally, then actual formal posts say "linux", so it's formally called "linux", so "GNU" has no role.

i've been saying "gnu linux" for a while so far and haven't had any opposition for not saying "gnu/linux" or "gnu+linux". i've just had criticism for putting "gnu" in front of "linux". but. until "gnu" makes everyone butthurt like ponies to the point of banning it. i'm going to keep saying "gnu linux".

what do you think?

pic related. i edited a "gnu/linux" logo to say "gnu linux".

please respond

please respond.

please respond..

please respond...

please respond....

Stallmann, GTFO

No, U

GNU/Linux is more readable but I pronounce gnu linux.

I consider gnu linux as readable as gnu and linux but all right

Btw that thread belong to Sup Forums

Which thread

>

this one