My doc said I've got bipolar depression

My doc said I've got bipolar depression.
Prescribed me picrelated.
But he's not sure I've really got bipolar, it's mostly a suggestion.
So the question: will it do any harm if I'm not really I'll?

>if I'm not really ill
fastfix

Bump

It's kind of fucked up that Physicians can prescribe that shit without a psychiatrist. Even Physician's assistants can prescribe that. Scary times we live in.

Well I didn't have depression until I was incorrectly prescribed antidepressants so I would say yes.

No, I mean it was psychiatrist that prescribed me this, not physician

I was prescribed the same, read the notice, some people got sudden death taking abilify. I wouldn't try it.

It's for schizos user, what do you think?

Bump-Bump

what's the dose? I'm currently having my BPD treated with 5mg Aripiprazole

I think it's a common warning to atypical neuroleptics
10 mg once a day (after breakfast)
Btw, how are you doing? Did the symptoms gone?

> It's for schizos user, what do you think?
I think I will take anything that will help. I'm fucking tired of my desease

What do you mean? Your symptoms got worse?

Bump

prepare to gain 1 to 100 pounds, read the insert, always.

Its an atypical neuroleptic, aka second generation anti-psychotic. If you feel you can manage your symptoms without taking any pills I'd recommend to abstain. For most ppl it wouldn't do PERCENT damage, but it will change your monoamine neurotransmitter levels for a long as you take em (usually 6 weeks for full effects), which may help or may make you feel wonky.

not OP but is this fucking true ? I'm anorexic and my psy told me I could gain OR loose weight while taking this shit

Well i was taking it in combination with 45mg of Mirtazapine (remeron) and that pretty much stopped me being completely unstable and made me much more pleasant to live with.

I doubt it'll be that big a deal if you don't have Bipolar, i used to munch on all sorts of anti-psychotics for fun and all it does is sedate you heavily. Apart from the old-school ones, dont touch them

My friend was given this stuff, and I've had similar medication. You are likely going to feel worse on it, but if you have already taken some you might have to ween off if you want to quit. It COULD help you, but you are possibly going to freak out and feel worse.

Sources: I am bi-polar, I no longer take any meds as all of them made me feel worse in various ways.

I've read. It says that Aripiprazol does not make you gain weight, alike most atypical antipsychotics

How do you manage you desease?

*permanent damage. But if your struggling user theres not many reason to try and find a med that works for you. I have something called schizoaffective disorder and when it was at its worst I tried plenty of meds and found some that helped. Just think of it as a temp crutch to help you learn to cope.

Been on them for a couple years, had hoped they'd help me put on weight and i've not really put any weight, still like 130lb

>Shizoaffective disorder
Would you be so kind to tell me the symptoms? I've been diagnosed with that, just want to compare our symptoms.

Did you take any anticonvulsants?

nope, not to my knowledge.

I don't very well. It is hard for me to hold full time employment. And I feel it getting worse. I used to have the same job for almost 5 years, then I just started having more and more manic days. Sometimes I am completely still to the point I cannot leave bed. Other times I feel like I am wired on meth and I feel like I am almost high on something nuts, so I start spending like crazy and doing things I normally wouldn't do (not actual drugs, I just meant I feel like I am.) But some manic episodes I feel pure anger and the most ridiculous things. Like sometimes I will be mad at a situation I am personally facing, but I am over reacting. Other times I am just as angry, but over things in the past that may or may not have had to do with me. Like I will get super upset at previous historical events and shit, and I start getting paranoid and angry.

I should note that I also have psychosis as well, but I am not diagnosed schizophrenic or anything. But I stopped going to the doctor, so I don't know what my current medical diagnosis should be.

I'd say try to get help beyond a general practitioner, because they are just going to look at symptoms and pump medicine into you. So either seek more advanced psychiatric help, or try to find ways to manage it yourself.

I read a lot, watch movies, listen and play music, go to parks. You have to put in effort to understand when you are feeling down that it will pass, and when you are manic to calm down and don't make any rash decisions.

I've lost a lot of friends due to me being so paranoid I think they are against me and using my friendship, and I cut off ties during a manic episode. I've lost jobs because I quit out of rage over what seemed like big problems at the time, where actually much smaller bumps in the road. And I've also put myself in a lot of debt going on crazy spending sprees. But as I get older I am starting to manage it better, but I still pay for my past actions.

schitzoaffective disorder is kinda an oddball disorder. Basically it means you experience symptoms of schizophrenia and also have a mood disorder (usually bipolar, sometimes depressive subtype). The good news is the prognosis for successfully coping with it is a lil higher than schitzo

my personal symptoms are mainly lots of delusions, bipolar, and major depressive episodes. To tell you what all that combined would be hard but sufficed to say its tough. Its hell sometimes but I get through it. Just wanna stay sane enough to not be a bourden and helps others who are suffering hurting. I can live above it all but it takes so much effort. I get tired and fall, then pick myself up again.

Try for a month if it doesn't work then gradually discontinue

yup avoid heavy sugars

thank you for sharing your story
Do you have any ideas of what could be triggering your manic or depressive "days", or "phases" ?
Is there even a trigger ?
thx

>I'd say try to get help beyond a general practitioner, because they are just going to look at symptoms and pump medicine into you. So either seek more advanced psychiatric help, or try to find ways to manage it yourself.

user has a great point here. For anyone looking to improve there situation should think of meds as a temporary crutch. CBT or a good clinical psychologist is going to much more help than meds in the long run.

+1

It is a disease that feeds on itself. You have to put in extra effort, more than a "normal" person, into bettering yourself and trying to improve your life. If you just go with how you feel at the moment, you will dig yourself deeper and deeper until you hit rock bottom, and then you will go deeper some more.

But it is not all doom and gloom. Just find things to focus on and stay active. Distract yourself, but with things that are positive and will improve your life in the moment and in the future. One of the things I love doing is learning about various cultures. So I get fixated on watching their movies, listening to their music, learning the basics of their language. This is very time consuming, I find it entertaining and informative, I am learning something new, and it is all something positive that helps me not only understand myself better, but I feel more connected to humanity. I often feel very alone because it seems no one around me truly understands how I feel. I always assume they think I am just depressed and I will "stop being sad" one day. But depression is not sadness, it is a mix of various emotions and many people don't understand that. So they feel personally attack by how you feel, because they are assuming you are just sad at everyone around you.

And like I said before, just learn how you can manage your feelings better. Think about the big picture more than the moment if you are feeling up or down, because feeding on either extreme will just make things worse for you. It is not an easy thing to overcome, and I don't know if you can ever fully over come. But managing it cannot hurt you, and it will prevent you from going deeper into the rabbit hole.

I know I said don't take the meds, but you can try them if you want. Just know that no medicine is going to fix all of your problems, and no doctor is going to either. A psychiatrist might be able to guide you, but only you yourself and truly walk the path towards acceptance/management.

I have been on Abilify in the past. It will fuck up your critical thinking in about 8-12 months. You will have zero ability to solve complex problems.

I had to come off it since I am a Software Engineer and I need to be smarts and stuff.

Stay off this shit if you can.

Well, i kinda wanted to move on Abilify because I need critical thinking.
Btw what's your issue?

thank you so much

I just realize I didn't really answer your question in my other reply ( )

But I don't know if there is a single thing to pin point it all down to. My father is bipolar, and I have always had memories of him that way. I can remember being a kid and someone might cut him off in traffic or fast food would mess up his order, and his responses were always extreme and irrational. He would yell at people and get in people's faces, but he is not a trashy or bad person, he would just explode at times, and other times he would be really depressed. So I've always saw that throughout my life with him.

Then when I was about 17 or 18, it was like a switch was flipped in my brain. I used to have really good focusing and memory skills. I could remember something if you told me it 6 months ago, down to the details. Then I started to feel scatter brained, my short term AND long term memories were both fucked, and I became emotionally unhinged. Then into my late teens and early 20s I dealt with bad break ups and I started trying drugs. Nothing too crazy and I was never addicted, but I just did it as a distraction. Then a few years ago I realized I was just using drugs and wasting my time with bad people because I was afraid to face myself.

So I started at that point trying to better my life, I quit all drugs including caffeine, as I feel like even that made me "trigger." But I have noticed an improvement by quitting all of those bad things, losing certain people from my social circles, and putting effort into bettering myself and managing my life and emotions better than before.

Ignoring your problems won't make them go away, and in all likely hood make you feel worse in the end.

I have high cyclic BP2.

I am lucky that my highs and lows are not accute, so I can be off meds. I have dealt with this for years, so I know when I am going low or high, and I adjust.

Obviously, not the case for everyone.

Also known better as Rapid Cycling. I say high, but that is not really correct terminology.

Pffft. Bitches don't know how to Bipolar.

Lithium mother fucker. Do you take it?

> Lithium
> Toxic as fuck
> Have to manage blood constantly
> Not higher results than those with Ability or Quetiapine
Boi

There is no "one" solution. Everyone is different mentally, as well as the various reactions to the same drugs. Plus not everyone is as bi-polar as each other, and there are several types of bipolar. You are basically doing what most general practitioners do and just throw the first med that comes to mind at a problem. I'm not saying drugs are bad, but they are not for everyone.