Why is Atheism the most popular religion among teens and young adults?

Why is Atheism the most popular religion among teens and young adults?

Most likely because we're not idiot sheep.

Because they are smarter

Because they're slaves to trends and can't think without being edgelords.

Science tho

>we're
>not idiot sheep

>there is a cosmic super entity in total control of the universe that loves you but will condemn you to an eternity of suffering if you commit some minor offences which an omnipotent entity could totally stop.

>believable

Because they are insecure, therefore they want to appear to be more intelligent despite the fact that being an atheist has no bearing on nor is it indicative of higher intellect.

>implying that worshipping desert war gods and other imaginary friends isn't a lame trend and edgy af

Because they still don't accept the simulation.
I, for one, thank the creator every day.

Greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesnt exist

>This

Because everyday we stray further from God.

I'm still putting the finishing touches on my Church of Young Sheldon. Should be open by thanksgiving

Wow the irony.

And? What?

>we're not
we are not

Guess I was wrong about you then...

Because you don't need to follow any sort of moral code to be atheist. Sure there are some immoral religious people too, but they're an exception to the rule, not the rule.

Because it's a phase many people pass through on their way to adulthood. It's natural in the transition from an infantile view of religion (there is an old man with a beard in the sky) to an adult view (there is a prime mover) to feel the "death of God" for a spell. So long as you don't get stuck there like some halfwit, it's all good.

So teenagers are scientists?

>hating freedom this much

how new can you be?
Back to le reddit XD

Because religions all suck.

Atheism isnt a religiom ya fuckin twink.
S my D.

I mean I don't really give a shit unless your some suicide bombing, child fucking sand nigger

You said that with the passion of a fiery prophet

the same reason toddlers watch sesame street

I think you'll find the most popular religion is global warming

>Atheism ... a religion
>bald ... a hair colour
GTFO fgt pls

>Why is Atheism the most popular religion among teens and young adults?

because pic rel8 + Jews

Oy vey, atheism is soooo edgy!

The same reason why we have sol mad shootings. Moral decay.

atheism isn't a religion...

Easy, its not. If not collecting coins was considered a hobby, you would be asking why not collecting coins was so popular.

>Baitheism

Because society evolved (in western countries) in such way that parents are less inclined to force their own beliefs upon their children. And when there is no pressure to believe, it's hard to ignore how retarded religion is.

it is.
try to argue about their dogma, like the "Universe always existed" one.

jews promote atheism because people who dont believe in god buy more useless shit to fill their internal emptiness

>atheism
>religion
U wot wanker?

If its the most popular among teens and young adults, why is it only 10% of population?
>religion

There is no atheist dogma. The only thing all atheists have in common is that they don't believe in gods.

Do not wory about afterlife.

>giving your money to the church instead
ayy lmao

Religion is a pretty sweet racket. They don't even have to pay taxes.

What? What other word do we have for a non-believer? A lovercraft? It's called an athiest, we have no dogma... just calling you all wankers...

because its the only and best religion because it is based on science unlike god based religions

Why are people believing in anything? At all I mean? Belief is never needed. We do stuff and it either fails or succeeds. Why do you feel the need of believing all the fucking time?

Just DO and observe and DO again..

They grew up in the information age, the small bubble religion requires to survive is gone.

>Why are people believing in anything?
Because people have mental processes? We don't mindlessly go through existence like a rock?

To believe something is merely to accept something as true. Presumably you believe that you exist, for instance.

You don't need to believe you exist at all. You will keep existing if you stop believing it. To be self aware and believing something are two completely seperate things. To believe something is after the brains response to stimuli forcefully telling yourself that something is. You never need to do that. You may work with it but you never have to "believe it"..

>There is no theist dogma. The only thing all theists have in common is that they do believe in gods.

Why have atheists replaced tithing (10%) to religious charities with the secular state and high taxes (tithing at 30%)?
Secularism is a pretty sweet racket.

Correct. The dogma comes in with actual religions like Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, etc.

Second you can never tell if something is "true" and thirdly there is no such thing as a "mental process"... neurology and behavioral analysis explains most of it.

Show me where is the dogma written down

Not everyone has the mental depth of a housecat.

Whose dogma?

babby's first postmodernism

Exactly

>You don't need to believe you exist at all.
>You will keep existing if you stop believing it
I mean, sure, you can exist as a brain-dead vegetable.
>To be self aware and believing something are two completely seperate things.
Not really, no. If you've contemplated the idea that you exist and you accept that you do in fact exist, then you believe that you exist.
>You never need to do that.
Like I said, you could be brain dead.
>You may work with it but you never have to "believe it
That makes no sense.

mental depth?
People and cats have practically identical sections in the brain that control emotion.
Cats seem to think in the same pattern as humans too, partly owing to the similarity of neurotransmitters, which are used in conveying data. Cats receive input from the basic five senses and process that data just as humans do

I dunno, some beliefs make people move forward, other ones make life "simplier" to understand etc. There are many different reasons. For now it's mostly just a thing from the past.

Cuz we need to take action regardless of the knowledge of the outcome

>Second you can never tell if something is "true"
You can never have absolute certainty, but you can have reasonable justification.
>neurology and behavioral analysis explains most of it
Which is what I mean by mental process. I'm not advocating for dualism.

>it is.
Bullshit.

Atheism is a religion like not collecting stamps is a hobby.

I think we are speaking about believing from two different perspectives..

If your claim is that cats are capable of the same level of thinking you are capable of, we may agree.

If you rant and bitch and insult stamps, it is a hobby.

That made me chuckle lmao

Citation? Source?

Im pretty sure islam has more members than your faggy afterschool club, kiddo

Praise allah

I defined exactly what I meant by believing at the start.

other religions rant, bitch and insult each other

it isn't confined to non-believers

Who is this sad, strange little girl?

>atheism
>religion

Pick one.

Not everyone who doesn't collect stamps rants and bitch and insult stamps, but they still don't collect stamps.

some jewess

>Atheism
>Religion

pick one

Because their parents didn't teach them shit and they are too fucking lazy for church of any kind.

>other religions
precisely
I agree
The people who don't believe in God and who never give it a second thought are atheists, in the same way my yellow lab is an atheist. Those who rail against religion and denounce it and make claim for atheists that they are, to quote one douchenozzle, "brights," are as fundamentalist and proselytizing as any evangelical.

And don't understand the value of networking.

You've picked both.

>If you rant and bitch and insult stamps, it is a hobby.

If you try to prevent stamp fanatics from forcing stamps down your children's throats, or from sticking stamps onto your forehead, or from forcing the government to pass a certain law because some stamp says so, then it is not a hobby, but common sense.

Don't you mean ignorant.

I thought I was smart when I was younger too.

>There's always a faster gun.
>You never know as much as you think you know.

why is shitposting so popular among retards on internet

this is the kind of stupid shit comment that drives young people away. what good does it do to convince people he doesn't exist? if i was the devil and i want to see the world get fucked up. i would create different religions, with different denominations. people don't fight one another because someone doesn't exist. they kill one another because the other person is different. people always find a way to hate one another, whether it is greed, jealousy, religion, skin color.

yeah, but nobody does that with stamps, so...
you're an anti-stamp fanatic and dogmatist

This whole thread is literally newfags, this is a shitpost and is not serious, you're all being baited.

Atheism literally translates to no god it's a belief in not shit

Survey results show that the average atheist knows more about religion than the average theist.

because they can just google all the bullshit that is fed to them and see that it's all was a bunch of lies.

or maybe we're not willing to trade our "souls" for it.
Then again, this doesn't explain why facebook is so popular.

>precisely

so you're proving my point then?

>atheism is a religion
>but only anti-theists belong to the religion of atheism, other wise atheists are not atheists
>the religion of non-religion is a religion for the non-religious

?

you must be new here, fag. Welcome to Sup Forums

Why is being a dick so popular among virgins on Sup Forums?

The point is that when people stop believing in God, they suck transgender penis and claim two fags shacking up are married and commit all kinds of abominations that all of human history would have regarded as degenerate. Though you're right that the Reformation was mostly satanic.

You can't define people into positions they don't hold.

>can't converse
>condemns conversation

because atheism is not a religion

I wonder who designed those surveys. The average sociologist is a marxist.

I googled is all religion a lie, and it linked to your tumble