"The reason why I can safely say that Radiohead are The Beatles of our generation is because, much like the Fab Four...

"The reason why I can safely say that Radiohead are The Beatles of our generation is because, much like the Fab Four, they represent and portray a natural musical progression. From their Brit-pop roots to their later electronica-influenced soundscapes, Radiohead were always concerned with musical growth and maturation. As a 13 year old relying on MTV to deliver to me the optimal selection of music out there, finding Radiohead, and seeing their evolution, was imperative to getting me to expand my tastes and listen to good music. The Bends introduced me to rock. OK Computer taught me how music wasn't all just processed immediacy and led me into further exploration. Kid A taught me how to listen to music as an art form. At all of the turning points of my musical listening experiences, Radiohead were there and helped me progress and mature musically. They're essentially the perfect band to grow up with and, like The Beatles, their timeless albums will continue to convert new fans and astound critics for decades to come, which is the most any band can hope to accomplish."

Who tf said this

The Truth.

mu is full of jealous depressionists anways

It's a reddit comment

The RateYourMusic biography

The Beatles were the N'Sync of their generation. Radiohead are actually a decent band

The Tourist is that you

>This band is like the Beatles because they changed their sound over the years
Okay.

>The Beatles were just a boyband
Will this meme ever die? What fucking boyband spends their first two years as a band (beyond garage bands) performing at shitty pubs in Hamburg, a city where the two main types of people in shitty pubs were American sailors and German prostitutes?

Playing in small pubs for two years means you're one of the greatest bands ever, worthy of universal praise. Dope

This reads like a copypasta, but it is actually true.

But Radiohead aren't as nearly as influential on the masses.

Taylor Swift's pretty influental on the masses. She must be the new Beatles

Mediocre pop bands who recycled elements of genuinely innovative music for mass consumption. Yes, Radiohead are the Beatles of their times.

You could say the same thing about a lot of bands. Big deal.

t. Piero

Man, people should just stop making music because after all you'll just be recycling elements from genuinely innovative bands right?

I never said that, jackass. The Beatles playing in small pubs early on proves that they weren't a boyband - the claim that they're one of the greatest bands ever is due to their later material, not the early one. But they sure as hell weren't a boyband.

and who are the Beatles to music...thats what i thought pseud

who hasnt borrowed from someone else in music you fucking pseud

>our generation
YOU absolute retard Radiohead are complete shit. They arent our generation's anything cause they aren't even from this generation at all. this generation has Death Grips and James Ferraro who are so far beyond the beatles it should make your pussy twitch dimple assed mother fucker